News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:21PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 287
Total: 288

Food Stock Managers

Started by beentheredoneit, 01-10-19, 08:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the loop 1.

Has anyone on here actually had a documented conversation or is it the usual informal chat. Let's be honest. If the co can informally move stock managers into other roles quietly before the formal process starts they potentially can save a lot of money.
Has anyone seen or can post on here the soft change briefing at all ?
For my money the new role would be a step too far especially after the restructure only a few months ago. Any thoughts from anyone ?

NightAndDay

It's Tesco, they'll have a "process" that has to be followed, but, as usual it won't be followed correctly, you'll have the Area Managers giving the pretense of policy is law, that process must be followed without question, but behind closed doors they will imply the expectation of doing a Jack the Lad job under the delusion that by saving the company money they will curry favour with the directors and be in line for a promotion, they want the affected colleagues to disappear without paying out, they will of course say otherwise publically.

Wirey2020

DJL

I am still in my position and have had no further meetings for a number of weeks now.  I believe we have now passed the 3 month timeframe and don't expect to hear anything now until after Christmas.

I know some that have taken a role elsewhere in store, so this gives the full 'A' to the Stock and Admin Manager now, so good luck to them all!

With the company saying 6 months for this process, it will hopefully be more clear once the busy festive period is over. 

I have no intention of moving to another role, so I'm waiting with interest about any further information!

lucgeo

8-) I hope you are proved right, and by standing your ground, showing them you won't be brow beaten. If they eventually offer redundancy to those managers who refused to move, how will they deal with the backlash from the other managers who took another role.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

DJL

My understanding from conversations with my Store Manager is those that have move are doing so willingly therefore no comeback in relation to your comments

Redshoes

Quote from: coffeemate on 09-10-19, 08:54PM
There will be no offer of redundancy. If after 6 months you have not accepted another role you have been offered you will be dismissed from the company.

They can only dismiss you if you have not taken a job that was selected for you. If jobs have come up and you have applied and not been successful you have shown that you have tried.  If jobs have not come up you have not been able to find yourself another job.  I think you only need to show you have tried.  Opportunities are not the same in all areas so it can't be same for everyone.

streaker

Quote from: Redshoes on 11-11-19, 01:34PM
Quote from: coffeemate on 09-10-19, 08:54PM
There will be no offer of redundancy. If after 6 months you have not accepted another role you have been offered you will be dismissed from the company.

They can only dismiss you if you have not taken a job that was selected for you. If jobs have come up and you have applied and not been successful you have shown that you have tried.  If jobs have not come up you have not been able to find yourself another job.  I think you only need to show you have tried.  Opportunities are not the same in all areas so it can't be same for everyone.

Surely you cannot be dismissed by the company, if your being given extra responsibility and more workload.
Surely there is a case for a terms and conditions arguement, and that your role is being change to take on stock and admin role.

NightAndDay

The government has strict laws on what constitutes a redundancy situation, for FSM's being redeployed it's acceptable as long as there's no loss of earnings, the work location is of similar distance to your current location, the job you're being redeployed to is within your capabilities (they should train you for the role regardless) and it's reasonable, if there is anything you find unreasonable about it in any way, you have to prove why it is.

Mildew

Made to take a vacancy in an informal way? Good luck with that. Nothing can be made to happen informaly.  If they try to push people into vacancies they would have to make it formal, and that changes the situation...

DJL

Quote from: NightAndDay on 11-11-19, 11:14PM
The government has strict laws on what constitutes a redundancy situation, for FSM's being redeployed it's acceptable as long as there's no loss of earnings, the work location is of similar distance to your current location, the job you're being redeployed to is within your capabilities (they should train you for the role regardless) and it's reasonable, if there is anything you find unreasonable about it in any way, you have to prove why it is.
True these comments however you are missing a key phrase and that is 'a suitable alternative'

In the loop 1.

Glad to see people are still on here. Think this will rumble on for awhile. All of it stinks to be honest. How many of us would not take redundancy if offered ?
Think the combining of job roles is sneaky without consultation but let's see. How many people have had formal note written meetings ? Probably is all informal at the moment but will save them a fortune if natural moves do occur before its live officially. However I've heard elsewhere it should be done by now. Who knows ?

Wirey2020

Does anyone have the moving managers around the business pack please?

Redshoes

All online. Below is just the heading.

Moving Hours
We want T**** to be an honest and inspiring place to work where relationships are based on shared values and respect.

The retail environment and our customer shopping habits continually change, and to remain competitive our business needs to adapt. From time to time changes are needed to our colleague's terms and conditions of employment. In these situations we will always have open and honest conversations regarding the impact this could have on you.

This policy applies to all colleagues and managers who work in Tesco stores, offices and the customer engagement centres.

Wirey2020

No, there were two packs given out at the announcement of the change. One specifically around moving managers around the business and the other was about briefing the change to the stakeholders ie food managers and stock and admin managers.

DJL

Has anyone had any further informal conversations with their Store Manager?

I'm aware that things may be dropped somewhat down the priority scale given the time of year, however based on the initial guidelines, the process should be completed by now and affected colleagues moved into a new role.

I know that more have taken a job offer than first thought, based both on this info from this site and chatting to other colleagues, so leads to the question why has this been the case; pressure from manager, financial uncertainty so the need to have 'any' job or is it something else?

I can only expect this to be brought back up after the festive period, where the additional time then starts.  After that has elapsed, what then?!

biggerpicture

Meetings should still be continuing.  I keep having 'catch up's' whilst i may my decision.

Mildew

I refuse to move roles. I have an ongoing grievance that I cannot discuss here.  I have also taken legal advice. You do what's best for you individually.

Wirey2020

Yep, still in...still having to have "catchups" whilst they are trying their best to tighten the screw placing indirect pressure on me in one way or another!!🙄

lucgeo

I feel that this will have a backlash, when all the managers they have manipulated into taking alternate roles, realise the ones who stuck it out are offered redundancy.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

You are probably right but at that point there will be nothing they can do. Strikes me this is a way of not losing so many managers in one go.

Jobless

When are they replacing Team Managers with Shift Leaders in all stores?

fscer

That is the idea, but Tesco are looking for the cheapest way to do it.

beentheredoneit

How many out there are hanging out for something better.
I have turned down other positions as I feel they are not suitable. Our stock admin manager has moved sideways. I refused this role as when I previously did it I ended up off for months with stress.The SM has divided up the various stock admin responsibilities to other team managers, but not me.
Can't wait to see what January brings ....
beentheredoneit

NightAndDay

Most are probably holding out for redundancy, as there is not much confidence that there won't be further restructures.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk