News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 11:34AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 427
Total: 428

Management complaint

Started by btblackbird, 03-05-23, 09:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btblackbird

Hi all, just asking on behalf of another colleague, does anyone know what needs to be done or process involved to lodge a complaint about their manager, as we no longer have personnel managers. Thanks in advance.

TechSupporter

Depending on your structure you'd send a grievance to their manager to conduct an investigation if that was warranted :thumbup:

btblackbird

Thanks for reply though they not sure who the managers manager is as they don't have senior on nights anymore.
Would they need to address the store manager or a daytime senior?

TechSupporter

Ideally a store manager in this situation, but he might delegate it to a days senior.  Write down as much detail as you can including dates / what actions you've taken informally and once you've written it get someone to read it over to make sure there's not too much emotion and it's just facts. That way a SM should take a lot more time with it,

btblackbird

Thanks again will let them know.

Djmadmixer

Hi
I have a similar issue but with a store manager that everyone has had enough with but we don't know what to do or if anything can be done?

Cbatt566

Course you can! Get the store directors details and get that grievance in. Good luck!

2ndtimeround

Nights team managers will now report to a lead manager on Days.
If there is more than 1 day lead I would suggest speaking to the lead responsible for Ambient.

Sherwoodforest

Well this night colleague isn't happy either, got told we'd have coronation buffet, wasn't even enough for a quarter of a sandwich each, 3 bags of crisps, opened Pringles cakes and on the next table days had left 4 times as much warm uncovered sandwiches that they didn't eat, good way to feel valued.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

SpudChucker1970

Maybe have a word with your night manager then?

lucgeo

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 07-05-23, 02:59AMWell this night colleague isn't happy either, got told we'd have coronation buffet, wasn't even enough for a quarter of a sandwich each, 3 bags of crisps, opened Pringles cakes and on the next table days had left 4 times as much warm uncovered sandwiches that they didn't eat, good way to feel valued.

Always the same for nights...the forgotten army! I wasn't a night worker, but I would always see or hear about the poor provisions made for any celebration supplied courtesy of Tesco.
We once had a female store manager for a short spell...Christmas dinner, she arranged overtime for canteen assistants, she dressed up and went in to serve the night crew their meal  :thumbup:
Never saw it before, never saw it again after she'd left  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

After my nearly fifty year working life at many levels I found it truly saddening that there are a great many people in management positions who do not appreciate that a carrot is just as important as a stick.

Some also do not realise that if the 'carrot' is deemed derisory by the recipient it can have the same demoralising effect as a stick.  I will never forget while in the employ of this company receiving a single celebratory piece of sponge cake which was smaller than a Swan Vesta match box.  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

King1999

Proves morale isn't on the companies radar......which affects performance in job lack of pride etc,interest,motivation just seems they think its a thing they don't have to try with.

Lucylou

Can anyone help me on how to find the contact number of my people's partner? As my senior team doesn't want me to have it as she wants to sort the problem within store, but this is an issue which has been going on for over a year and it's very detrimental to my health and safety but no one listens.  If anyone could help with any kind of contact information I'd be grateful x

londoner83

Raise a colleague help ticket asking to be contacted by colleague relations team. They will be able to assist with your issue

Sherwoodforest

@lucylou maybe the union reps or wages dept would have the number or email address I'd of thought.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

lucgeo

Isn't the email address format the same for all senior Tesco management i.e.

Name.@Tesco or something similar  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Duff McKagan

Quote from: lucgeo on 07-05-23, 01:25PM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 07-05-23, 02:59AMWell this night colleague isn't happy either, got told we'd have coronation buffet, wasn't even enough for a quarter of a sandwich each, 3 bags of crisps, opened Pringles cakes and on the next table days had left 4 times as much warm uncovered sandwiches that they didn't eat, good way to feel valued.

Always the same for nights...the forgotten army! I wasn't a night worker, but I would always see or hear about the poor provisions made for any celebration supplied courtesy of Tesco.
We once had a female store manager for a short spell...Christmas dinner, she arranged overtime for canteen assistants, she dressed up and went in to serve the night crew their meal  :thumbup:

The last time there was any sort of special occasion involving food in our store all the day staff left for us on nights was their dirty dishes and packaging to remind us of what we'd missed out on!

trivi

Quote from: Lucylou on 07-05-23, 06:01PMCan anyone help me on how to find the contact number of my people's partner? As my senior team doesn't want me to have it as she wants to sort the problem within store, but this is an issue which has been going on for over a year and it's very detrimental to my health and safety but no one listens.  If anyone could help with any kind of contact information I'd be grateful x

If you know their name you can search for them on work and pay and get their email, the link is on ourtesco, press the magnifying glass in the top right when on it

Roboticstyle

Speak to your union in store. They will advise and help you write the grievance or complaint
Protector line is always there along with writing or emailing Ken direct

madness

If you think Ken will get involved with this level of issue you are delusional.

Nomad

That is exactly what he should do, not all just a few, then his subordinates will know he's taking an interest and may step in at any time in any case.

Keep them on their toes.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

Quote from: Roboticstyle on 12-05-23, 03:50PMSpeak to your union in store. They will advise and help you write the grievance or complaint
Protector line is always there along with writing or emailing Ken direct

Not sure if Ken does things differently but with the previous CEO's they had someone or even a team who delt with there e-mails, most things like this were passed back down the chain of command before the CEO even got to see the e-mail, sort of understandable really as I imagine they must get loads every day from staff and customers and would never have time for the actual job if replying and looking into fairly minor issues.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

ElderEnclave

I would go to Yammer, see your manager and it should say their manager is and an email or phone number. You can also see their manager's manager etc.

newguy20

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 08-05-23, 09:30AM
Quote from: lucgeo on 07-05-23, 01:25PM
The last time there was any sort of special occasion involving food in our store all the day staff left for us on nights was their dirty dishes and packaging to remind us of what we'd missed out on!
I work late shift and it's exactly the same.
Events/celebrations are held mid-morning or lunchtime, in the mid-week. So if you are part of the clique who works cushy set shifts, you join in, if not, stuff you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk