News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 11:02PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 452
Total: 456

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aunt sally

Quote from: FruityLoopy on 22-02-23, 04:34PM
Quote from: Aunt sally on 22-02-23, 02:45PMThey need to read the pay rise brief.

You must have misunderstood it. My non food told me her 'shift leader' is not on the same paygrade as what the new shift leaders will be.

The fact other managers are also saying this means the store Rodie is from must have someone down on the wrong pay grade.

Aunt sally

All shift leaders with any variation of that in the title get the higher grade, that is from the q&a's in the union brief so maybe ask your union rep.

madness

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 22-02-23, 03:32PM@superdude09 I work Sat night into Sunday also, (I'm full time) feels like discrimination that Sunday only get buy out.
While I sympathise with your situation the word "discriminate" gets trotted out by too many and for the wrong reasons far too often nowadays.

NeglectedBaker

If that's how they feel who are you to judge exactly?

Happyshopper

To be fair there should be a different skill bracket for Extra and Express shift leader. Express have far more responsibility such as , opening/ closing store , payroll , Cash, scratch cards,audits, Gap Scan, Bring in Fresh / ambient deliveries, tanker delivery's, Click to order, whoosh, Stock control, daily Cleaning routines, Bakery, Customer to pays and much more.

ExSMfloor

All shift leaders will get the same new pay grade assuming they are shift leaders. This would include dot com fulfilment shift leaders who have a similarly demanding role, as well as F&F shift leaders (which for some strange reason still exist in a small minority of shops)

It won't apply to checkouts as these colleagues are still called 'team support' and there is a grade on the new pay table for them separate

chocolatestrawberry

Any rumours on what the payrise could look like for managers?

Been a manager 7 years and now on just slightly more than what a full time shift leader gets, was appointed on £21k 7 years ago. Hope the business do something decent for us too.

5fdp

All mgrs should be on a minimum off 26k since November last yr. If your not speak to your SM.

Davethebave

Yeah you should have gotten a pay rise last year to bring you in line with everyone else.

They have said they are going to invest in salaried pay and with the increase to 13.28 odd for shift leaders it would need to be a big investment if they want to attract and retain skilled managers

ExSMfloor

Needs a strong investment but I wouldn't hold out. No point in getting rid of team managers just to pay shift leaders the same and up the remaining managers onto what some of the higher paid Tm's were on before!

Rumblerumble

Quote from: FruityLoopy on 21-02-23, 02:32PMThe F&F 'Shift Leader' title should really be ''F&F Team Support''

That is why there is so much confusion over it.  The role is only there to do return to works  and add holidays onto the system. The F&F shift leader is not allowed to do lets talks, unlike dotcom shift leaders and front end team support who can.

Its a bit of a pointless role to be honest so they certainly should not be getting paid the top end of the shift leader wage! 

Agreed

lackofinterest

are you really surprised with this joke of an outfit?  :-X

Sherwoodforest

F and f shift leader role been updated today on our tesco,never read it before so not sure if it differs from before,it does look like they should be more global if you read it,it does say home/f and f which means should be doing non food id assume,worth a read if you think your one not pulling their weight
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

LittleMiss

Regarding the pay rise we probably won't see much of it due to some people having been overpaid on skills payments. Maybe csd team support etc. has anyone else heard about this?

madness

Quote from: NeglectedBaker on 23-02-23, 09:45AMIf that's how they feel who are you to judge exactly?
"the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of ethnicity, age, sex, or disability"

Defintion of discrimination

Doesn't seem like a sunday worker only getting payout vs a full timer is any sort of discrimination just people trying to use a word that is more powerful to make out they are harder done by.   Might as well call it racist if you are going down that route.   for balance I am contracted Sunday as well so will lose out a bit.

Sherwoodforest

@madness we can all google,if no one got a buy out we,d all be treated the SAME,and as for premiums i wouldnt walk in the garage and say ill give you 2 quid for daily star but knock 8 percent off my 100 quid diesel,its garbage
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Hammer10

They are saying we get payrise on 2nd of April but new low wage starts on 1st April breaking the law.

5fdp

Read our tesco. Or the government law. Its not. It really doesn't need to change till the end of April when you get paid. Be happy the company is doing it on the 2nd.

NightAndDay

The minimum wage changes with the tax year, which is from the 6th of April, in reality though, you aren't paid below the minimum wage until you receive your first pay amount in the first pay period of the new tax year at the end of April, at which point you should be paid at your new rate of pay anyway.

breeksy

Quote from: Hammer10 on 25-02-23, 07:27AMThey are saying we get payrise on 2nd of April but new low wage starts on 1st April breaking the law.

While you are correct that it comes in 1st April, the only way it would be illegal would be if someone only worked 1st April in the pay period - basically the amount paid in the pay period has to average above minimum wage.

barafear

Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-02-23, 11:13AMThe minimum wage changes with the tax year, which is from the 6th of April, in reality though, you aren't paid below the minimum wage until you receive your first pay amount in the first pay period of the new tax year at the end of April, at which point you should be paid at your new rate of pay anyway.

Factually incorrect

Donk180

Does anyone else work in a location pay store? A shift leader going to £13.28 + £0.68 will be on £26,496.08 a year with a newly appointed manager being on £26,000.  So your actually better off being a shift leader.  How can that be allowed and is there a reason why managers don't get location pay as we live in the same location.  I know a pay review is coming in May but a shift leader getting payed paid more than a manager???
What's that going to do for the moral?

londoner83

Believe this situation will be addressed in the management pay review to be announced in May....once the management restructuring has been completed

NightAndDay

Quote from: barafear on 25-02-23, 09:07PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-02-23, 11:13AMThe minimum wage changes with the tax year, which is from the 6th of April, in reality though, you aren't paid below the minimum wage until you receive your first pay amount in the first pay period of the new tax year at the end of April, at which point you should be paid at your new rate of pay anyway.

Factually incorrect

The new tax year IS from 6th April, payroll is either monthly at the month end (usually the last working day of the month or last working day of a date towards the end of the month) or 4 weekly, while the minimum wage does update from 1st April, no company pays monthly at the beginning of the month (that I'm aware of) and once in a blue moon do you get the scenario where a 4 weekly paid employee gets paid between 1st and the 5th April.

The point still stands though, you aren't paid below the minimum wage until you receive your 1st payslip from when the minimum wage taxes effect, which in 99.9% of cases is in the new tax year as historically, that is also when changes to the tax free allowance is also applied.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 24-02-23, 06:55PMF and f shift leader role been updated today on our tesco,never read it before so not sure if it differs from before,it does look like they should be more global if you read it,it does say home/f and f which means should be doing non food id assume,worth a read if you think your one not pulling their weight

I believe the plan was always for one shift leader to cover all clothing and non food.

It still sinks however if the F&F shift leaders are being paid the same rate as the new shift fulfillment leaders.

The two roles couldn't be more different so it won't be sustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk