News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

01-05-24, 09:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,437
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 314
Total: 316

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

What difference does it make if there is some sort of "pay protection"? Unless of course it directly affects you? In which case, surely you'd want the protection/transition period?
As for whether it is actually legal for Tesco to do it.....

Reducing pay would be a variation of an employees' contract of employment. Employers cannot unilaterally vary a contract of employment. This decision is therefore one the employees in question would need to consent to. They are not obliged to give their consent, and, could take legal action to prevent such a change.

So is our "agreement" with Usdaw the consent that Tesco need?

oldfashionedplayer

as per all the other contracts, yes... it stipulates that failure to sign means it's lead to believe you don't want to be working for the company anymore lol, so they can go through the process of just removing you... unlike a people vote, we're forced by USDAW our union, meaning they decide what we get with Tesco, so if they've agreed with Tesco that our new contract would be £10.45 and loss of premiums, you'd have to accept it or be given your marching orders for failure to comply to the agreement...

employees for stores have no say, unlike the warehouses where their union can happily go "yeah we will strike we don't like the deal"

uklions

Well we find out TOMORROW 20/2/2023

fatlad

The anticipation is killing me  ;D

1982dave

Let's wait and see . if the rumours of the kings jubilee being time and a half surely they aren't cutting premiums just yet I'd be flabbergasted if we got premiums still at end of this year

Cbatt566

Anyone had any news yet?

tenapenny

The meeting is at Stockport no one from the union as turned up as yet

Cbatt566

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).   Admin.

traffic on the M60 this AM 😂

Cbatt566

Is there an official announcement planned for today?

1982dave

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).   Admin.

yes apparently

SAMCRO

Rep just came off the zoom call, told me it is...

£11.02 an hour. Premiums staying. April 2023.

1982dave

Happy if the 11.02 is true and premium staying but interested to see if there's anything announced for later this year with regards to pay

What about skills payments are they staying. Quite happy If it is £11.02 and skill payments staying for now.

1982dave

That's what I'm waiting for official announcement it's a decent pay rise atm but  normally it's give with one hand take with other, as we all know.

Masher68

£11.02 Is a payrise of less than 7% when inflation is still over 10%. Its less than generous. 

barafear

It's bang on the button of what the "base pay rise" would be - effectively to match the Sainsburys/Morrisons/Asda pay rates of £11_ish....

So given our starting figure was £10.30, 70p increase was always the most likely outcome - it was merely semantics as to the "actual methodolgy" of getting to that figure.

andzdrew

Base rate increase to £11.02/hr

Sunday premium fixed at £12.89/hr (not linked to base rate) for eligible colleagues.

New skill payment of £2.26 for shift leaders only.

All other premiums/skills payment unchanged.

Effective 2nd Apr.

Cbatt566

Damn! So a 2p an hour pay rise for me then! I'm only contracted Sundays!

Himynameus

Sunday pay is £13.18 an hour at the moment

Tesc0Wow

Sunday premium being reduced from 25-17% that's a bit cheeky

Cbatt566

£13.18? That's more than time and a quarter ...

Himynameus

£10.55 and hour  plus £2.63

Cbatt566

You must have location pay on that. Our base rate is £10.30

Mickymouse1962

So it's a pay cut againg not a pay rise should be st least 10%

1982dave

Quote from: Tesc0Wow on 20-02-23, 11:34AMSunday premium being reduced from 25-17% that's a bit cheeky
to be honest I wouldn't have been supprised if it went with this pay rise

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk