News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 11:15AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 420
Total: 421

WMTY 2023

Started by General Thorn, 24-01-23, 01:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvaSees

Quote from: Pathfinder on 26-01-23, 02:36PMHad a prep talk before doing it ...i asked manger if he remembered last survey as it was s**t! Nothing has changed ..he hasn't changed so don't expect the results to change.
Same, had the 'pep talk' from the SM. The whole thing was defeated with 3 simple questions - "compared to what?", "at what cost?", "where is the evidence/data that supports it?". If they think I'm happier than when my shift times fitted with my lifestyle, when I had a proper staff restaurant, when my discount wasn't wiped out in real terms by inflationary price increases and when I could get more hours/overtime than I can ever hope for now then they are delusional.

I too got the 'we protected your jobs during COVID lecture' until I highlighted that Tesco repaid £585m of COVID business rates relief after it was criticised for paying dividends to shareholders in that year when it reported a 29% increase in profits due to our efforts during the height of the pandemic, that our store was legally obligated to protect our jobs and could have taken advanatge of the furloughed scheme as we were deemed 'essential' but didn't, how many temps we took on to cope and then let go since, and questioned how many redundancies our store has made over the last 4 years in addition to how any people had left and not been replaced.

SM walked out in stunned silence.

Expressmanager

As a store manager, i have talked to my staff about the good, the bad and everything else, asked them to complete as to how they feel and left them alone to complete it. I take away the learning and then work with all my store colleagues to maintain the positives and improve the negatives

Loki

Surveys in general are a waste of time in my honest opinion. WMTY takes it to another level where it's both insulting and disingenuous. Especially when considering they are more often than not rolled out literally within a month prior to the company axing jobs and basically subjecting whatever colleagues are left to further exploitation.
Or maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist with Stockholm syndrome.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Felix

Greetings. Long time reader but this is my first post.

With regards to WMTY its important to colleagues to complete it especially one question.

I believe it is worded "how satisfied are you with the total reward package"

This question is about your pay, I was suprised by the number of responses in my store from people who thought this was about our discount card or pension etc.

This question used to read "how satisfied are you with your pay" years ago. Amazingly colleague used to answer this positively. The ones I asked anyway.

While this is speculation on my part it is my firm belief that tesco take this data into each pay review meeting and open by telling USDAW x % of staff are happy with their pay.
Based on people in the past answering positively and the new disguised question I worry this % is higer than it should be and thus giving tesco more weight.

Everyone should answer how they feel I wouldn't want to infulance anyone but by giving a dissatisfied response your helping USDAW in these meetings and not tesco.

All the best.

lackofinterest

Quote from: Loki on 27-01-23, 07:27PMSurveys in general are a waste of time in my honest opinion. WMTY takes it to another level where it's both insulting and disingenuous. Especially when considering they are more often than not rolled out literally within a month prior to the company axing jobs and basically subjecting whatever colleagues are left to further exploitation.
:thumbup:

Seymee

Funny in my store. The SM who rarely talks to floor staff has spent the week going around addressing everyone by name, its made the situation worse for him as people are making a point of mentioning this in the comments section.

2ndtimeround

It won't make the result any worse by leaving comments as they are only really read by the management team in store.
I guess it will depend on what he is really like as to wether he chooses to learn from them or revert to type afterwards.

General Thorn

Quote from: Loki on 27-01-23, 07:27PMSurveys in general are a waste of time in my honest opinion. WMTY takes it to another level where it's both insulting and disingenuous. Especially when considering they are more often than not rolled out literally within a month prior to the company axing jobs and basically subjecting whatever colleagues are left to further exploitation.

Ah Loki, so good to have you back  :) always loved your very perceptive comments :thumbup:

Truthtalker

It's sometimes easy to forget some of the good stuff. You may be having a bad day or week. I fed back my points on the feedback box. Tesco isn't perfect but I choose to work there. If I didnt, I wouldn't. Plenty of jobs out there that pay a similar hourly rate.
It's never as bad as you think

Truthtalker

I agree with this too

Quote from: Happyguy on 25-01-23, 12:56PMI don't agree with the store manager above's way of doing what he or she did, but they do have a point. If my workplace was so horrible that I felt the need to come on an anonymous website and s**g it off continually, I would know my own worth and leave for a new job. It's actually very simple. Update one's CV, circulate it, look in local paper, Google etc, for new positions, apply, be successful at interview, and leave.
Tesco certainly isn't perfect, far from it, but I don't believe any workplace is ever perfect.

Reading some of the comments on here I do wonder why people don't just leave. We can't be that bad to work for as I've noticed one or two posters who are invariably negative about Tesco, openly admitting that they have left once ("escaped") only to return a short time later. How does that work?

I love Tesco, and I'm not ashamed to say so. 
It's never as bad as you think

Loki

Quote from: londoner83 on 24-01-23, 01:19PMJust complete the survey at home in the comfort of your own home away from any influences.

... bar alcohol that is. They say that's when one's honesty knows no bounds.

Whatevs

lucgeo

@Loki

Missed you  :-*
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redrobot

Is there anyway managers can identify who has slated them on the survey ?? Asking for a friend 🤣

Kentuckyfriedchicken

Quote from: General Thorn on 24-01-23, 01:00PMJust wondering if all stores get the pep talk beforehand about how great Tesco are and how wonderful your store is?

Amongst other laughable plus points are how we've already received 2 pay rises amounting to more than 8% and how our jobs and wages remained secure during covid lockdown. We also still get told that colleague discount should be added to our wages to show how much we really get paid!

Do all stores basically get the same points raised with a few store specific ones thrown in or is it dependant on the SM?

Why you feel that this deserves a Thread makes me chuckle.

If you don't want to fill it out then don't

For those advising others not to be pressured to fill it out. For goodness sake!!! It's a self service world, if  i had to question a simple survey, then I would consider myself a Karen of the world and should leave lol

General Thorn

And yet you felt the need to post a reply.

The question was do all stores get this talk i.e is Tesco telling managers to do this or does the SM take it upon themselves to remind us what a great company it is.

As for filling it out, I never said I was going to. A lot of colleagues in my store have not been told it's not compulsory and do feel they have to do it. They also give all positive scores because they believe they will be singled out if they are truthful.

2ndtimeround

Or alternatively they could actually believe the scores they are giving but simply would not want to have to explain their reasons to a naysayer that insists on been negative and trying to drag everyone else along with them 🤷🏻�♂️
It is after all an anonymous survey carried out by an external company.

Loki

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-01-23, 09:04PM@Loki

Missed you  :-*

Great to see you again @Lucgeo  :)

Asdaprice

Store manager told us all to imagine it said his name instead of Tesco. As much as I respect him, that's not what it was asking. If he's been held to that standard it's unfair but it also doesn't reflect the issues in our store and it manipulates the data collected

tobybeecher

Word around my store is someone was watched doing their EVM writing negative feedback and was reported to management. Apparently the employee who wrote the feedback could be facing disciplinary action. Is that even allowed? That employee was beyond angry about it.

FarmerFred

You can only he disciplined for breaching Tesco policies, providing negative feedback to an internal survey is not in itself against any policy that I am aware of. However, if the negative feedback contains any racism, sexism, harassment, bullying, etc. then it could result in disciplinary action, but it would be difficult to prove as the survey data itself is confidential and supposed to be anonymised. Thus the only evidence would be a statement from the observer, but their evidence is tainted by their breach of confidentiality policy in observing.

oldfashionedplayer

aye as farmer said, would be a breach of anonymity for it and ruin the reputation on the outside companies side's, no manager or anyone should be looking at another person doing their WMTY, it's supposed to be in confidence that you can speak your words with it (within reason) to show how you feel about the business and the information be passed on.. its scaremongering from the management team there and should definitely be reported.. should drop a colleague help ticket or something about it asking the policy surrounding it / who to contact for further investigation in reporting the safety of yourself and colleagues due to partaking in it.

lucgeo

Quote from: tobybeecher on 31-01-23, 05:58PMWord around my store is someone was watched doing their EVM writing negative feedback and was reported to management. Apparently the employee who wrote the feedback could be facing disciplinary action. Is that even allowed? That employee was beyond angry about it.

Chinese whispers...probably started by a manager to worry people into only writing positive feedback!

So what would be the reason given for the disciplinary ???
During your PRIVATE & ANONYMOUS WMTY session, it was witnessed by (name) that you gave negative feedback  :o

Oh to be a fly on the wall of that disciplinary  ;D  ;D  ;D  :D  :D  :D  ;D  ;D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

fatlad

Anyone having trouble logging in to my tesco?

BritishRacingGreen

Yeah - since before 5am on phone. Still can't.
No problems at all getting on MyTesco on Chromebook tho.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk