News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 10:24PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,420
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 493
Total: 495

Retirement

Started by The hooch, 23-03-22, 09:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rupert7

hope this will help any one who has retired from tesco and still owed money ect   ken.murphy@tesco.com, i have found if you go to the top you will get things done quicker,good luck.

newteesandcees

If you have Clubcard for life use your employee number with prefix CC4L (Any zeroes will be removed from your employee number i.e. 00361352 would need to be CC4L361352)

chris9997

i am coming up for state retirement age soon and was looking at may be staying on after retirement for a little while  should redundacy be offered after this date could both company redundancy payout and or statutary payout be effected as i have noticed that the VHL calculator stops at age 66
tHANKYOU.

lucgeo

I can't see that you'd suffer a detriment for being over retirement age? We had a deli counter colleague in her 70's who received the full package.
If you haven't notified Tesco of your intention to retire from the company then you are still in their employ so it remains the status quo.

In your post you say you want to stay on after retirement, so if you have notified them of your intent to retire then that's the cut off point for them and you're processed as a retiree and receive the pre 6 months drop of hours by a fifth but still paid for full shift, then date of retirement you have left the company. Then new contract, and length of service kicks in at 0.

The legal age of 66 is the ceiling in calculations,for age ratio and % of pay as someone in their 30's with the same length of service as someone in their 50's would receive less redundancy payout, due to more years in potential employment earnings remaining...as was my understanding. So a 70 year old would still have their full length of service calculated, but the extra age related component would stop at 66.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

chris9997

hi thankyou for your reply

NannieG

If you want the retirement package of 20% of your hours, do you have to give your manager 6 months notice or can it be any length up to 6 months? It's not quite clear on Colleague Help.

lucgeo

The 20% reduction in hours is for 6 months previous to retirement. Anyone thinking of retiring should be informing their manager at least 8 months previously, as it has to be fed through to the pensions team to be made aware and start processing.

If you're thinking of retiring in less than six months, you'd only get the remaining months at 20%, but then it's not going to be automatic as they do require notice. A manager may agree to start your reduction sooner, but even then you have to agree when it's taken in your working week.

Anyone thinking of retirement, I would advise the 8 month route, even if it means working those few weeks longer. As any holidays due need to be agreed as paid or holiday. Deciding and agreeing when you're taking it, as they'll likely want a drop early week and you weekend, so you'll both need to compromise. It also gives more time to receive all relevant acknowledgement from the pension dept.

N*B*. If you're an old timer colleague who worked a week in hand at the beginning of your employment with Tesco, then you need to ask for your accrued pay for one week on your then contracted hours.

Once you leave Tesco it is very hard to get any discrepancies sorted, so the longer you give yourself the more likely you'll get all your information and paid dues owing.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk