Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 01:56PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: BB41
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,417
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 514
Total: 516

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmay

Quote from: londoner83 on 07-01-23, 04:44PMWith the right number of colleagues and cage locations in aisles there will be very few stores that are unable to go to day Fill for at least most of the week.

However you still need to consider whether distribution have the capacity to deliver all these extra loads on days considering traffic and congestion is often far worse than over night.

They will in my opinion be getting them in twilight hours. They might not remove nights completely only most of nights and instead pay for only 2 hours of nights instead of 6 hours. I use to work for express store which was former metro around 4 years ago which they changed to experience 4 years ago because they wont making money I was working in the morning and they would be receiving delivery at 6 on the dot if not 7.30 at the latest.

Bobmay

Quote from: NightGrafter on 07-01-23, 06:22PM
Quote from: Bobmay on 07-01-23, 02:06PM
Quote from: NightGrafter on 07-01-23, 06:06AM
Quote from: Doodah on 06-01-23, 10:24PMIf they're planning anything for nights just hold tight until he first week of February to see.

The usual timeline is cascade it to store managers, 2 weeks for meetings with staff,2 for staff to make the decision and the month of march to work four weeks notice, with a view to affected staff being gone before the start of the new financial year. I understand its frustrating waiting to hear, but it won't be until then that even store managers get the info (unless it's leaked).

Looking back at Tesco history it will more than likely be leaked!
Either way me & quite a few of my night colleagues really hope they announce our store soon

What is your store is it express former metro? Extra? Superstore. If it is an Express it has the highest chance nights will go highly certain it will go . If it is superstore it also has an high chance for extra it depends on  store  size and if it able go do it twilight hours and morning evening.

My store is a superstore, in the past when Tesco remove night filling to twilight we hear that our store was one of them on the list but then the other superstores near us loses the nights instead of us

The store which is in the same area as my was superstore they removed the nights there and instead had twilight hours. So it might happen to use.

Bobmay

Quote from: FarmerFred on 07-01-23, 09:55PM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 07-01-23, 05:41PMTrue but i work in night store and most deliveries in during the day anyway,just takes smart planning to get deliveries on the road outside peak times
It is a bit more complicated than that as the depots will require more trailers & tractor units to be able to service stores over a shorter period, along with more space in the yards for the kit to stand - visit some of the DCs & you'll see how difficult that will be. Most tractor units are run for two shifts within a 24 hour period as it is with only a few idle hours with drivers often getting in to a literal hot seat with the cab reeking of the previous driver's farts. The queues to offload recycling at fresh DCs will go up too leading to drivers being paid OT for sitting around for longer. Fridge units will be running longer hours as trailers will have to be loaded in advance as there aren't enough bays at the depots to load out over a shorter period & that will increase maintenance and operating costs. Then there are stores where cramming all the deliveries into a shorter working day will lead to chillers & warehouses being log jammed & a near constant "one on the bay" with the following delivery sat outside waiting... Not that I'd put it past head office to go down that route without considering the implications!

The thing us they can manage it if the do twilight hours instead of full on nightshift the driver would still be doing the same hours in store instead they would be less hours for those working on nights.

Checkout Superstar

Once the new system is fully up and running there is no need for a wage clerk anymore. Plus they get paid more so it seems like an obvious role to ditch. Can't see them dropping all admin assistants every large Tesco store will always need admins.

I wonder if the Extras will lose the managers from checkouts. With several shift/team leaders it seems pointless having a manager there as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised is Stock Control are also in the firing line as its usually an easy target. They will probably cut back on lows/overs and gaps to free up hours.

Then last but not least we have the deli counters. Most of the meat counters have already gone, the fish counters will be next - thats a given and we have already seen reports its coming.

So yeah, the s*** store of cut cut cut is about to get even worse for the staff who remain. Its a travesty what has happened to this company. 

Bobmay

Tesco want to save 1 billion pound. So there will be more cuts coming in my opinion it will be managers nights from express stores who are paid large amount.

Simonlyckntract

Has anyone heard anything about this from any real sources ?

rogerthedodger

Baby it’s cold outside

NorthbyNorthwest

I was told by an ex employee who had coffee with a store manager. The conversation turned to work and the SM was told by his SD that in the New Year there was going to be a lot of 'brown envelopes' handed out.
That is the only info I have until this thread started up. Now everything ( including what I said above ) is purely rumour and speculation until the company decides to release info on any changes. I think the Team Manager job is due to go. As I've said before, the magic word 'simplification' appears a lot. The new hours marketplace takes a certain amount of control away from us and I'm sure an algorithm is being worked on to assign OT in the right places. The new Pick-Fill-Serve procedures will take responsibility away from us to plan and fill on depts. And finally, the pay rise for new managers, but nothing for existing managers has not gone down well, especially as ( in mine and my fellow managers case ) there has been zero communication in regards to this.

markwinters

Interesting that only Shift leader vacancies now available on days ... no team managers, unless you're lucky enough to work night shift... Its coming!

Monkeyman

What's everyone's thoughts on Tesco security guards is it time for them to go? Most of our hours are now covered by agency guards

2ndtimeround

It's highly unlikely that the Team Manager role will be completely removed, the stores that now have shift leaders have them after a reduction in the number of Team Managers.
It's more likely that the team manager population is further reduced to cover just management routines whilst the day to day operation is looked after by Shift Leaders.
This appears to have been happening gradually through the annual review with every store looked at individually.

NightAndDay

What is certain is that you don't need 3 layers of management taking the R and A for areas of the store, if more feet on the floor is Tescos strategy, then they can only accomplish this by getting rid of lead team and having a SL/TM structure, getting rid of TMs makes little sense from both, a cost saving perspective and an operational one.

Checkout Superstar

They will not get rid of team managers in extras, maybe the smaller stores but extras will not be able to cope with nothing but shift leaders.

Bobmay

This isnt speculation this is fact tesco wants to save 3 billion pound according to them with in 3 years. They why they will get jobs which take up to much money and not needed. Why have night shift in small Express stores or superstores when they can fill in the morning. Or why have security when you can employee agency workers. The roles that are going in my opinion will be mangers in superstores night shift in express stores and multiple managers in night shift in extra.

Redshoes

There are times when we all need to pull together. I think feeling what it's
like on the other end of things helps towards building a better overall team. We all feel we have the most important job, the hardest job and that we work harder to deliver. Feeling someone else's pain can help see things from a different point of view. Those who do work in other areas seem to be able to see the bigger picture.
I do agree that it feels like some of the tasks that are sent out by head office are sent by people who have not only never worked in a store but have not even ever seen a store.

Tesc0Wow

I'm sure most people would agree if they are going to reduce team managers, shift leaders definitely need upskilling more, and likely a pay rise. I still can't get my head around that a Shift Lead who's looking after the store often for quite significant periods of time is on the same as a team support who has to look after like 5 tills. TS isn't an easy role, but it's nothing compared to shift lead.

NorthbyNorthwest

I think that the company knows that a lot of shift leaders are ex managers so upskilling them would not be that much of an issue. As for wages, shift leaders are receiving them at a faster rate than team managers have and will receive another in April. The gap is becoming smaller between Shift Leaders and Team Managers. And that's why some more of us will be going soon I feel.

NightAndDay

Will be before April, has to be before April 5th by law otherwise CAs would be below the legal minimum wage.

NorthbyNorthwest

Yes of course, thank you NightandDay.
And with that 92p increase it takes a shift leader ( full time ) up to 24825 a year. I am a suspicious old bugger, and I really do see so many 2+2=4 scenarios lately that something is going to happen soon!

NightAndDay

Just because the minimum wage goes up by that much doesn't mean Tescos wages will, someone posted that Sainsbury's is paying their CA equivalent £11 an hour, If I had to take a guess I would estimate It would match that or go to £11.10 an hour, and if the pay reviews are matching the previous ones, the same nominal increase will apply to all hourly paid roles.

Bobmay

Already we get that as night shift in express stores in london £11 an hour if we include the premium we get £13.30 an hour or £15.60 an hour every Saturday which includes nights and sunday premiums. If the wage does go up to match sainsbury I highly doubt we will get £16.60 an hour for nights especially in express stores which  far to much for a small tesco former metro store.This February we will find out what is happening for certain big cuts are coming.

sparkles76

Sherwoodforest

No news for anyone,only speculation as usual
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Checkout Superstar

I would be surprised if Team Managers were going in Superstores and Extras. Lets use the larger stores as an example. Only possible outcome I could see happening is them merging some departments as one eg non food/F&F and Dairy/Meat/Produce/Bread etc that would make the Fresh food section about the same size as Grocery/BWS/Household. Grocery only has one manager so why does meat/dairy, Produce and Bread need 3?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk