Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 10:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthbyNorthwest

I for one am not interested in my score. I've got what I wanted and if they think so little of my contribution, so be it. However I can see, for those who wish to challenge the decision it could be a useful tool in any grievance situation someone may wish to take.

Tinytemper

Does anyone know what the 2nd and 3rd phases are that are happening this year?

kaled78

rumours are bakeries going to bake off and nights going to twilight in more stores

Tinytemper

Rumours here are it's checkout team support and stock control

MerchMan007

Rumours , rumours , rumours and guess what , even more rumours .

I couldn't even take a guess as to how much of this forum is taken up with "a guy who used to be dating a woman who has a brother's neighbour's friend who used to cut the lawn of somebody who used to date .... (you get the idea) .. says he has got inside knowledge of what's going to happen"

Wears a bit thin after a while .

Hammer10

Don't believe in rumours why cut bakeries to bake off when they are delivering spectacular figures for what they do.

Nomad

Rumours = speculation and that is what drives most of the financial markets, and thereby the world.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

Anyone who thinks stock control will exist as a dept for much longer must be delusional. Routines are becoming less and less and more automated. Whether the technology is right for it to go later this year - who knows?

With Project River making most tills card only self serve and schedule to workload allocating your role each day why pay Team Support extra money for then effectively changing dented tills or getting apples that Doris forgot to pick up?

NeglectedBaker

Quote from: kaled78 on 22-03-23, 04:48PMrumours are bakeries going to bake off and nights going to twilight in more stores
I would literally psml if I got redundancy before Bobmay  :D

NeglectedBaker

Quote from: londoner83 on 22-03-23, 10:05PMAnyone who thinks stock control will exist as a dept for much longer must be delusional. Routines are becoming less and less and more automated. Whether the technology is right for it to go later this year - who knows?

With Project River making most tills card only self serve and schedule to workload allocating your role each day why pay Team Support extra money for then effectively changing dented tills or getting apples that Doris forgot to pick up?
the rumours of departments like bakery and previously deli etc doing their own counts and gap scan have not gone away so its very likely, the shifts are very unappealing to most also in my experience (5am start to 8am go home is regular in my store) so could be another way of T-dog trimming the verges  ???

Nightowl25

" England and Wales unfair dismissal/redundancy pay: From 6 April 2023, the limit on a statutory week's pay will increase to £643 (up from £571). This means that the maximum statutory redundancy payment and unfair dismissal basic award will be £19,290."

5fdp

I do believe that it includes scotland aswell. The last time it increased in 2021 it included them all.

Seymee

Quote from: Tinytemper on 22-03-23, 05:59PMRumours here are it's checkout team support and stock control

I don't know how much more they can cut stock control beyond what they already have plus the new manager set up is based on hours so I doubt any department are losing loads anytime soon given that the new system doesn't even start until week 10. They might cut stock routines in smaller stores but they won't in Superstores or Extras  and PR Scanning is a legal requirement by law. I suppose they could merge it into each fresh department but that wouldn't mean job or hour loses so what would be the point?

That said Team Support at Checkouts are set for a restructure. Our store manager let it slip. Basically after 5pm it will only be self service open in all stores. So there will be no role for Team Support beyond 5pm. That will obviously mean some numbers being cut plus the fact the scheduler from week 11 more or less makes Team Support redundant. All they need are a few runners to get barcodes etc.

Prince of Darkness

Quote from: Mikoo on 23-03-23, 08:24PM
Quote from: Tinytemper on 22-03-23, 05:59PMRumours here are it's checkout team support and stock control

That said Team Support at Checkouts are set for a restructure. Our store manager let it slip. Basically after 5pm it will only be self service open in all stores. So there will be no role for Team Support beyond 5pm. That will obviously mean some numbers being cut plus the fact the scheduler from week 11 more or less makes Team Support redundant. All they need are a few runners to get barcodes etc.

Checkouts TS = barcodes & breaks. I should know ...

Redshoes

A survey has taken place in our store and I know of others in my area too. It's to do with connectivity and the headsets. We were told we are due to get five banks of headsets. Once the headsets are in the off till colleagues can go on a till or fill on shop floor. Colleagues on a till will be able to ask someone on the shop floor to fetch them eggs etc.
We have good off till colleagues and bad ones. The good ones keep busy and help out in other areas anyway. There are also those who, if not told differently, will just stand at the back of checkouts waiting to be needed.

Nightowl25

Quote from: Nightowl25 on 23-03-23, 03:57PM" England and Wales unfair dismissal/redundancy pay: From 6 April 2023, the limit on a statutory week's pay will increase to £643 (up from £571). This means that the maximum statutory redundancy payment and unfair dismissal basic award will be £19,290."

Great news for anyone leaving on the 29/4!!!

5fdp

chillipepper

Redundancy just been retracted cheers tosco  :-X  :-X

chillipepper

Notice from manager who's been on sick for 7 months, could have waited one more  :thumbdown: guess I'll just be going without the handshake 💷💷

Moon2020

flowerpower

Prince of darkness
I can see that happening but not 5pm 8pm would make more sense to me.

keef1894

Quote from: Mikoo on 23-03-23, 08:24PM

I don't know how much more they can cut stock control beyond what they already have plus the new manager set up is based on hours so I doubt any department are losing loads anytime soon given that the new system doesn't even start until week 10. They might cut stock routines in smaller stores but they won't in Superstores or Extras  and PR Scanning is a legal requirement by law. I suppose they could merge it into each fresh department but that wouldn't mean job or hour loses so what would be the point?

Not a chance in hell that every store will be selfservice from 5pm :D  . That would also mean moving staff earlier for tills. Also the ones that can only sit on a till and cant do selfservice what are they going to do there. It will be atleast from 8pm if anythings going to happen.

Prince of Darkness

Quote from: keef1894 on 25-03-23, 04:44PMAlso the ones that can only sit on a till and cant do selfservice what are they going to do there. It will be atleast from 8pm if anythings going to happen.

A doctor's note will be needed I guess to demonstrate that standing for any part of the shift is not possible. Let's face it, if they can walk to/from the till and (in my store) upstairs to the locker room then they'll struggle to claim they can't stand for at least 30 mins at a time.

londoner83

I can't see Occupational Health ruling many people are unable to stand for at least part of their shift. Most would walk from their car/bus into the store, to the clocking machine and their locker then to the tills. They would also walk to and from canteen/loo.

Looking ahead there is a reason Tesco made everyone a colleague (avoids need to offer redundancy) and with the biggest headcount in most stores  it would make sense to use cashiers to fill the shop and get customers to scan their own shopping. If they can't or won't the hope is they will leave or be dismissed thus saving millions in redundancy payments.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk