Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-04-24, 12:00AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 449
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 452
Total: 452

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redress

Something I want to ask and get clarity,out of 5 team managers 2 wanted to go ,3 stay but scoring determined that one of the stay scored low this was from criteria since then they have become a leave surly rather than go to a tie braker,that should have been the first thing looked at,reading the collective 4 to 5 cent remember which should that have been the case.

Parttime

I really wanted the redundancy but I'm staying,so part time so they will need to find me a job share 🤞 as all our management jobs are now meant to be equal, what about all equal pay alignment, if over 10 years service and over 5 etc and then we get increases again so hourly rate is the same. We have managers ranging from full time rates of 25k to 35k, also there is literally no progression now, no lead team. We used to have 13 managers and store manager, deputy , leads etc at our store when it opened 15 years ago now 4 of us , 2 of us wanted to go and store manager. Also no pay increase for cost of living increase and the plan I can see says only store managers have a bonus plan in place for 2023. Any one got any influence over this!!

NorthbyNorthwest

@Parttime, wait until May when we've all gone, then I think you'll see a pay increase or 'realignment' to team manager wages. Shift Leader pay is getting dangerously close to TM wage. If there isn't a significant adjustment to pay, then be prepared for another TM cull next year.

Redress

Why should we wait until May, they should inform us now

5fdp

Team mgrs will get around a minimum off about 2.5k. That will take the mgrs on 26k (the lowest figure field a mgr) to 28.5k. Thats makes a difference to team supports, etc. Wont be paid until June, but you will know in May once the redundancies are away.

5fdp

If mgrs are getting a bonus this year you will find out about mid April.

Redress

In reply to Drever25,doubt it will happen again.
The question is what protection do the 'lucky managers' have that got to stay, as we are going into a new job role,with poor pay and after a few months if you don't like or don't perform well will be out with nothing,so who steps in to the job?
Well done to the union for that.
Next tesco have given more power to shift leaders with the pay,whilst managers are poorly paid,take the flak for anything that goes wrong.
Now those who are at risk get a 4 week trial if they want to try their luck at shift leader but can still get redundancy if doesn't work out,they have nothing to lose.

So to summarise those 'lucky to stay' are screwed every way, those at risk are....🤣🤣 all the way to the bank.

All companies tell the city of changes ,we are cutting managers by 30%,but creating new jobs but let's not mention that we are giving lead managers more money to go and ask no questions.

Meanwhile Ken on his way to a knighthood.

biggerpicture

What i don't understand is 1 manager now has the whole of fresh to look after with no team support. Yet the non food department has a team support on clothing. I know it's all to do with profit on clothing. But in an extra store thats a heck of a job for the fresh manager. Legalities, date checking etc..

Mrs sparrow

Quote from: Redress on 15-03-23, 09:11AMWhy should we wait until May, they should inform us now

Probably because it would be a kick in the teeth for the managers who want to stay but are being made redundant.

Redshoes

Pay has been kept back so the redundancy package is lower. I don't think telling those who want to go that are going to miss out on a pay rise would bother them but those who want or need to stay but have not been selected would have that extra kick in the teeth. Some may have selected to pick up the shift lead roles as the pay is not that different, they may not do this if we all know a pay rise is on the way.

Redress

Every manger knows they would get a payrise of some sort from their review,then we will get a pittance because we have , for example i know of a few managers on or around 26k,as if 2nd april day shift leadet on 25.5k,night shift leader will be shy of 30k,so some managers will need at least 15%,to meet that i know that is premium but still not right

Simonlyckntract

Quote from: Mrs sparrow on 15-03-23, 11:29AM
Quote from: Redress on 15-03-23, 09:11AMWhy should we wait until May, they should inform us now

Probably because it would be a kick in the teeth for the managers who want to stay but are being made redundant.
it is bloody disgusting I can't tell hsbc or the council to wait for three money wonder how many people may loose there homes because if this

Simonlyckntract

Wait until somthing goes wrong and a new shift leader wants help they will struggle to find a manager in a large extra as they will be doing duties I won't be dealing with it as it won't be my job let's see what happens

Hammer10

Rumour is 36000 for team manager and shift leader is on nearly 24000 not 25500 a skilled baker doing earlies earns more than shift leader  .

5fdp

Don't think it will be anywhere near 36k.  That would be giving most mgrs between 5k and 10k pay rise. You wouldn't save any money on mgt costs. You would be as well keeping the existing structure.  Remember the company is looking to save money not just move it about. Everything the company does is to save money, eg  investment in hourly rate for staff means less staff.
About 3k would be right. Remember mgrs no longer are duty, they are PM's and will be in the office most of the time.

Redress

@hammer10 did you include skill payment

Redress

@5fdp that is not my best sitting ,completing paperwork

Davethebave

I agree, it won't be 36k. Maybe scrape 30k if very lucky.

Also, if you read the "save to invest" part of the collective consultation, it states that mangers who have been successful in getting one of the new roles can actually deselect themselves and step down to shift leader with a buyout/protected pay. Might be worth looking at if you've been successful and really don't want the new role but bear in mind you'll do someone else out of the redundancy

madness

36k is the new max you can earn.
Problem is at pathetic 2% rises itll take forever to get there. Hence the saving as prices rise profits rise but the wag goes up slow.

leeds106

Quote from: biggerpicture on 15-03-23, 09:55AMWhat i don't understand is 1 manager now has the whole of fresh to look after with no team support. Yet the non food department has a team support on clothing. I know it's all to do with profit on clothing. But in an extra store thats a heck of a job for the fresh manager. Legalities, date checking etc..

Under the new structure the shift leaders should be running the shop floor and TM's managing productivity etc gone are the days where someone just sits on a dept and that's all they do everyday day in day out.

Redshoes

Shift leaders will also be the duty managers.

In our SS we will be two managers.
One will have all of replenishment, stock and admin. All shop floor and back area Depts.
Other will have checkouts, pfs, CSD, all front end areas.
It's a rough split of 50% head count each.

Hammer10

Quote from: Redress on 15-03-23, 05:34PM@5fdp that is not my best sitting ,completing paperwork
Quote from: Redress on 15-03-23, 05:32PM@hammer10 did you include skill payment
yes I did shift leader on just over 25200 skilled baker on earlies 3 hours a day just under 28000.

Sambo74

If I've been offered redundancy as there were no roles for me and now a vacancy becomes available can they retract their offer of redundancy?

Davethebave

Yeah, provided your the next highest scoring manager

Nomad

I would have thought if the date of your employment termination has been given in writing the answer would be no as the person affected could have made commitments with a new employer.

They perhaps could 'ask' if you wish to stay.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk