Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 08:08PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,419
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5fdp

Redshoes...you couldn't be more wrong. Easter is in April so if you work it remains on your hold. Also you accrue hols each month so if you don't take any hols you will accrue about 4 days hols. If the mgt team do get a bonus which I have been told they will all mgrs being made redundant will get it as well.
I have said this before. Read Read read its all in the meetings with Tesco and the union on our Tesco. Key in 'collective' and the meeting between Tesco and the union comes up at the top. There has been 4 meetings, take time and read them. Redshoes this will help you tell the right info. READ OUR TESCO

NorthbyNorthwest

Yep, I've got accrued holiday that will have to be added to my redundancy. As said, check work and pay-absences ( I think ) and it'll be the first line of text if you're entitled ( pre 92 I think ).

OldTimer

For all those old timers like me  ;D who have got the option of 'potential' redundancy I'm going after 35 plus years a few tips... look to see if you've accrued holiday, and whether you worked a week in hand I did! and if you don't need more than 30k for a bit you need ask to put it into your pension to save tax

5fdp

Meeting 5 between tesco and the union is now on our tesco. Not much difference from number 4 meeting.

Moon2020

The only big thing in meeting 5 is that you could go through the whol process until April 27th, then someone above you resigns amd you'd have to move up in the rankings. That would be desperately cruel for people that will have spent nearly 2 months planning their lives after Tesco and their next steps in life...

lucgeo

So what are the rules now regarding those going through the consultation for redundancy?

In the TL cull, the rules were if the colleague in consultation found alternative employment, and had written proof from their prospective new employer stating the job offer was made during their consultation and the start date was prior to the end of consultation leaving date, then the colleague could be released early to take up the new position and still get their full redundancy package.

Tesco are allowing time off paid to attend interviews with prospective employers, so how can they legally justify managers who have secured a new job, to then tell them they are no longer under threat, and remove the redundancy offer, if another colleague not under threat has given notice?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Moon2020

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).   Admin.

I thought the same...

Basically, it's 52 days of not knowing exactly what will happen.

NorthbyNorthwest

@Lucgeo, it is a valid point, and as per the norm, USDAW do not seem to be seeking protection for people affected. This is why once this is all over the partnership agreement needs to be overhauled. It is from the mid nineties ( from memory ) and the business is a completely different beast. The union are showing themselves up as more and more incompetent ( and not worth your subs as a member ) with each restructuring exercise Tesco do.

Loki

Totally agree. The Union states that the Partnership Agreement is constantly reviewed. We've just had so called "improvements" made to the Partnership Agreement through which the new contracts have stemmed from that have and will result in less redundancies being offered when job roles removed and instead forcing employees to accept inferior terms and conditions. The pay protection that the Union support is shameful. Capped at 25% of new salary is outrageous.

Don't be fooled by the "16 hour guarantee"... smoke and mirrors.

When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

sam

Quote from: 5fdp on 07-03-23, 02:25PMRedshoes...you couldn't be more wrong. Easter is in April so if you work it remains on your hold. Also you accrue hols each month so if you don't take any hols you will accrue about 4 days hols. If the mgt team do get a bonus which I have been told they will all mgrs being made redundant will get it as well.
I have said this before. Read Read read its all in the meetings with Tesco and the union on our Tesco. Key in 'collective' and the meeting between Tesco and the union comes up at the top. There has been 4 meetings, take time and read them. Redshoes this will help you tell the right info. READ OUR TESCO
Please could you let me know in which category our Tesco, I couldn't find.

Just a number

Hi Sam
Ourtes*o
Tes*o & colleague help
Colleague help
Type in "collective consultation", search
It's the 1st one "retail collective consultation - meeting summaries & Q+A"
You can download all 5 meetings that have taken place so far.
Hope it helps

Verona

I'm in the at risk group and have just been told a manager who has been doing step up lead is now taking my position. I now have to go through a whole month training them because they have no knowledge of the department they are taking from me.

NorthbyNorthwest

@Verona, do it as meticulously as possible. I will with my replacement, if not for him it'll be for my team. Until the day I leave I'm their manager and I need to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible. Of course, do not be surprised by the fact you will be blamed for the next six months for anything and everything that will go wrong as 'you never showed them', but that will be par for the course for a lot of us. But then again, we won't be there!

Verona

I think the most frustrating this is the person in question who is taking my position has been a lead manager for the best part of a year now and suddenly is one of the top scorers in the tm selection pool

lackofinterest

Favouritism for the anus lickers probably.

ForCryingOutLoud

Interesting to note that Tesco has now approached Usdaw to brief that shift leaders will now have mgt responsibilities such as performance mgt, let's talks, suspensions. This is a 3 year plan, the remaining TMs will be gone next year in my view 

sam

Quote from: Just a number on 08-03-23, 01:58PMHi Sam
Ourtes*o
Tes*o & colleague help
Colleague help
Type in "collective consultation", search
It's the 1st one "retail collective consultation - meeting summaries & Q+A"
You can download all 5 meetings that have taken place so far.
Hope it helps

Thanks

Hammer10

Been through the shift leader pack for what they are paying they can keep it I would want at least 30000 a year being asked to do all current managers job except rotas and sickness interviews what the hell are the team managers going to do ah yes sit in Costa drinking coffee all day .

madness

Become a team manager then. See how often you get an actual break, or not messaged at home, or have to cover a 4am shift or a 12 pm finish, or deal with mental health issues of everyone, or violent customers.
Truth is no retail job is good now. but the pay gap vs responsibility gap between GA and Manager is marginal and also huge. ie small difference in pay for huge increase in responsibility.

Mrs sparrow

Quote from: Hammer10 on 08-03-23, 08:53PMBeen through the shift leader pack for what they are paying they can keep it I would want at least 30000 a year being asked to do all current managers job except rotas and sickness interviews what the hell are the team managers going to do ah yes sit in Costa drinking coffee all day .

Maybe take a look at the manager role pack, that will tell you. I've read it and it's worse than the shift leader one.

NorthbyNorthwest

Look at absence balance on Work and Pay. Top line-Accrued Holiday. Mine says 216 hours calculated on 31/3/23 ( yes, Tesco can time travel! ). Should update as soon as we're in April to show 31/3/24. Something else worth considering is getting all payslip's printed off and go to retirement section of benefits page to print off website/phone numbers for affected team managers.

Drever25

Quote from: ForCryingOutLoud on 08-03-23, 06:32PMInteresting to note that Tesco has now approached Usdaw to brief that shift leaders will now have mgt responsibilities such as performance mgt, let's talks, suspensions. This is a 3 year plan, the remaining TMs will be gone next year in my view 
After my hope to get redundancy did not come to fruition fingers crossed it will come again, not sure it will be as soon as next year but can see it in 2-3 years

chris9997

Quote from: Verona on 08-03-23, 02:28PMI'm in the at risk group and have just been told a manager who has been doing step up lead is now taking my position. I now have to go through a whole month training them because they have no knowledge of the department they are taking from me.
it is probably all about the money as they are likely coming through on a lower wage.

kaled78

Our dead wood 30 years service plus lazy managers are being removed, we had one lady who had failed reviews for the past 3 years, but still clung on to her management job pre this cull.

Stirl1

Not from colleague help those that were  employed on 31/3/91 will have accrued holidays as the first year you were  employed you were not paid holidays.
This is the top line on work and pay and you will be paid these amount of hrs when you leave in addition to any current holidays you have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk