News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 01:00PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,339
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 109
Total: 114

Pay Review 2022

Started by yeetus, 29-03-22, 08:30PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSMfloor

SM briefing was 9.30, followed by union reps. Most team managers will know in the next hour

Any changes to skill payments

Storck

Quote from: Bakersdozen on 07-04-22, 10:16AM

Can someone confirm this? Thought the zoom call wasn't until 10.30am ???

Looks like different divisions had different times

Pmjd84

Yeah can confirm we're already being informed of it in my store. Word spread pretty quick.

bazlindon

We have just been told the pay rise but not been told about sunday premiums or Bank holidays ?

Lozza

Yep! 5.8% rise. Sunday premiums only for current staff.

ExSMfloor

Anyone got a copy of a brief yet for the smaller details? Eg skills payments for drivers and shift leaders etc

SAMCRO

So what is the new hourly rate??

Happy Days

Just announced 5.8% from 24th July. Min contact is going to be 16 hours for new starters. If you are currently on less than 16 hours when a vacancy appear they would be given first refusal. The 10% and 15% stays the same.  They would also like it if you would increase your availability to 50% of your contracted hours. So example 30 hours contracted would mean 45 hours in total availability. Cafe discount of 25% is reducing to now reflect the 10% and 15% that we get currently on our shopping. The discount has increased on clubcard spend to £1500. The Sunday premium for new starters to going. Current employees are keeping it.

Twinkletoes

Night premiums increasing?

Hibobhi

They would like you to increase your availability hours, what exactly does that mean? That doesn't sound good

Checkout Superstar

I know in our store everyone has been made to make out new availability forms these past few weeks and the store manager has said its up to us via our availability to prove we offer enough flexibility to the companies needs. Several have already been moved to different departments while two people have left of their own accord.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: Happy Days on 07-04-22, 11:23AM
Cafe discount of 25% is reducing to now reflect the 10% and 15% that we get currently on our shopping.

That sucks.

leedslad

New ways of working

The last few years have accelerated changes across the retail industry – customers now have more choice in how they shop, and colleagues tell us they want more opportunities to learn, develop and access new skills.

As we look to deliver on what customers and colleagues need from us, we want to equip colleagues with future-fit skills to help continue building long-term careers and enable them to increase earning potential if they choose, by accessing work when and where they want it.

The key changes we are putting in place to do this:

All colleagues will gain the skills to serve on a checkout or self-service, pick an online order and replenish the shelves, if applicable in their local store or CFC..
To reflect this new way of working, all B/C grade colleagues will move to a new job title of 'Tesco Colleague'.
Colleagues will retain a primary department where they will work most of their contracted hours but will also be able to work across other departments if needed.
To empower our colleagues to access the work and flexibility they want, we will also be launching a new online platform later this year where colleagues will be able to view their schedules, access training and development, and sign up to extra hours if they wish. The new online platform will also allow more two-way communication, enabling all colleagues to stay up-to-date with the latest information and share their views more easily to help inform what we do as a business.
We will of course take into account individual health requirements or needs for any colleague who is not able to work flexibly between roles, to ensure a career at Tesco is accessible to all.

Following feedback from colleagues, we are also committing to always offering any vacant hours to colleagues working fewer than 16 hours a week, before recruiting externally. When we do recruit externally, all new contracts will be based on a minimum of 16 hours per week.

Colleagues will have an individual meeting with their Line Manager to discuss how we can support them with these changes, and will receive new contractual terms and conditions, which have been collectively agreed with USDAW. The new ways of working and new contractual terms will go live on 16 October 2022.

Rumblerumble

Looks like I wan't be having breakfast there anymore

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 07-04-22, 11:57AM
Quote from: Happy Days on 07-04-22, 11:23AM
Cafe discount of 25% is reducing to now reflect the 10% and 15% that we get currently on our shopping.

That sucks.

barafear

Is the F&F discount also changing?

Modena

Fair play to the person who said about the pay rise you were correct, £11.63 for the drivers just heard from our boss.

DangerSte

Is that 11.63 for london?

We just got told £11 for drivers, so 90p skills rate over the base £10.10

hornimans135

I thought skills payments were finishing?

Buster99

Quote from: Tossgo on 07-04-22, 09:34AM
Any update on delivery driver wage increase?

Plus 90p skills payment so taking drivers up to £11

Angelique

Does anyone know if f&f discount is staying at 20%

Hibobhi

I do t think we're focusing more on that 50% increase to our hours?

lordadmiral

So it is a £80 more for a full time hours. Should help with some costs of living. Not bad deal for current employees. But not good enough for me , so i gave my notice and i am moving to days for £14.35 p/h full time job 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

kaled78

So long serving staff who were exempt from checkouts,are now going to have to be till trained,once again usdaw has screwed us over

Tossgo

As below drivers get more of a payrise than anyone else in store.
A 22p raise on skills payment in may.... Then the 5.8% in July.

The deal delivers a 32.4% investment in Customer Delivery Driver skills payments which will mean an increase from £0.68 per hour to £0.90 per hour from 1 May 2022.
This will take the CDD total hourly rate of pay to £10.45 from 1 May and £11.00 from July.
Click and Collect Drivers Skills Payment will also be aligned to £0.90 per hour.
The notice period for CDD and Click and Collect drivers will move to 4 weeks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk