News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 06:40PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 536
Total: 541

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightworker

I believe it is based on your best months wage of the last 3 months worked. The figure you are given in consultation is based solely on core hours. However your actual redundancy is higher because all hours worked are included. They can't give you this figure because they don't know what it is at the time when your being given a figure of how much you will receive. Hope this helps

Hellohello

Attached second consultation meetings notes for everyone

Mb4552

Thank you for this information.

Couldntpossiblysay

Thank you very much. Staff in my store totally in the dark. Whether that's deliberate is open to question.

lucgeo

8-) Perhaps you could advise them to print off all the documents Hellohello has provided on the above post and previous post, then present them at their next meeting, so everyone is aware of what the rules are, and not just believe what BS the SM has drip fed to both managers and CA's alike  :thumbup:

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

SM can say and do what they want, they've removed the people from the position that would have held them to account and devolved it to the area manager, but colleague concerns and grievances would be at the bottom of their list of priorities, CAs and SLs are to be seen and not heard, otherwise you'll be construed as a troublemaker for not respecting the order of things and shall be harrassed out of the business.

fatlad

Love the emails today. Let's go after it together & asking us to help Ukraine. Now I'm all for helping Ukraine but let's try helping colleagues instead by paying us a decent wage then we might be in a better position to help others. Bit of a cheek really.

VladPutin

Given that my colleagues and I are not trying to find shelter in a city rapidly being turned into rubble by psychopaths who target civilians with artillery and tanks, I must disagree with your post.  8-)

And yes, I'm well aware of the irony of my username in regards to this post, so there's no reason to point it out. :D

Nomad

Let's not wander to far from the topic.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Checkout Superstar

The new uniform is hideous!  :o but its going to be funny seeing managers wearing the exact same get up as regular colleagues.

BUY TESLA STOCK

No excuses that they'll get the white shirt creased now :question: >:D

kaled78

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-22, 03:56PM
The new uniform is hideous!  :o but its going to be funny seeing managers wearing the exact same get up as regular colleagues.

I thought the new managers uniform was a slightly darker blue than ga's?

BUY TESLA STOCK

looks same to me :)

they will maybe get GA money too  >:D

madness

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-22, 03:56PM

I can assure you we all like it. get away from the horrible suit jackets that were about for years.

Trainers for us too and incognito look like a GA so less s*** from customers.

whatajoke2019

The new management uniform is indeed a darker blue. In fact, apart from a bit of red, it's identical to the outgoing smart navy shirts.

Back on topic I've heard a rumour a store near us is losing five managers?

Sherwoodforest

I've heard that a store manager on our group has been tasked with finding and developing talent for management,i wonder if its tescos way of realising alot of managers are leaving and there worried about attracting external managers with the salaries they want to offer,internal promotiond will accept a lower salary most likely
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

NightAndDay

The problem in Express is that Shift Leaders aren't paid commensurately for the levels of accountability and responsibility pertaining to the role which is why there's a huge acknowledged problem of many Store Managers running duty shifts and not being able to properly fulfil their SM duties.

Until there's a significant uplift in Shift Leader wages this problem isn't going away.

Hammer10

No way anyone in their right mind would go into Tesco management now the way staff are treated is a joke so the managers must be treated worse .The idiots in their ivory towers have no idea what goes on in stores they think it's all rosey after their royal visits but it's not stores not being filled shelves empty ,thieving by customers getting worse because they can't afford to pay the prices we charge .customers walking out because of queues. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

RocketRonnie100

I totally agree @hammer10 I'm one of the idiots still staying I seriously don't know why.

I'm stressed upto the eyeballs, no one gives a toss anymore, it's all a joke. The store manager is deluded and his senior team are too and they can't even see it.

I can't see a future in this anymore.

FarmerFred

You know it's bad when significant numbers of managers are applying for the HGV apprenticeship....

BUY TESLA STOCK

I enquired about the apprenticeship and never got any reply at the time. Maybe the managers wanted it themselves.

FarmerFred

I think that the apprenticeship team were overwhelmed by the response!

Tesc0Wow

Quote from: NightAndDay on 10-03-22, 09:13AM
The problem in Express is that Shift Leaders aren't paid commensurately for the levels of accountability and responsibility pertaining to the role which is why there's a huge acknowledged problem of many Store Managers running duty shifts and not being able to properly fulfil their SM duties.

Until there's a significant uplift in Shift Leader wages this problem isn't going away.

I'm a shift leader in large format. The job is also drastically underpaid in my opinion. For example on a twilight I'm the only member of "management" in the shop for 6 hours. Along with holding duty, locking the store/pfs and alarming it all im running replenishment. It's so much and 12 months ago this was a managers job. Now the exact same role is for me as S/L. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy my job, I have a great team i work with and my store is nice. But twilights especially are very challenging.

What also annoys me is I'm paid the same as Team Support. I've done TS before and this is by no means the same job or anything similar, it's got so much more responsibility  and I also end up dealing with lots of front end stuff as duty such as the desk.

Hellohello

Collective consultation meetings 3 notes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk