News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:32PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 543
Total: 547

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert

Quote from: Buster99 on 23-03-21, 06:51AM
Quote from: bluemoonfan on 22-03-21, 11:15AM
Has any Driver Team support stepping down to a driver been given their payout figures yet?

Not even had a meeting in 3 week, just got told I had no job as a driver team support anymore and that's it, I'm on holiday this week and we are suppose to stop doing the job 31st March, think it's a joke that we have had no official letter stating when our pay ends or any kind of official notice it's all been word of mouth, gonna need at least 4/5 week notice if they want to change my hours due to nursery and partner working full time so guess I'll be doing my hours for untill someone sorts it, can't wait to walk in 1st April and have no stress let the 2 nee fulfilment support crack on with there job, one of them has turned it down already lol, there miles off been ready, Iv worked out my figure should be 12.91 - 9.98 = 2.93, 2.93 x 36.5 = 106.945 X 78 = 8341.71 is that right?

If the options Tesco have set out for you are unacceptable then you should say this in your 1 to 1 meeting Tesco are looking to make the changes by an informal approach and individual agreement in the event they cannot achieve the changes in this way then they may have to leave the structures and roles as they are or they may have to consider other options
You should not be pressurised into agreeing any changes to your current role if if the options available are not suitable this is informal consultation at this stage should it become formal then we will be available to support and advice you during that process
In the meantime you may want to let Tesco know how you feel about the proposed changes now you are clear that Usdaw have had no part in this decision or agreed any changes Usdaw is challenging these proposed changes and have a team of reps who are team support / team managers currently meeting with Tesco to feedback our concerns and have asked Tesco to pause the changes until we can clear up the confusion and mixed messages and the changes to some of the checkout team support and dot com team support roles as well as off till activity
I want to assure you Usdaw are actively in discussions with Tesco we may not be able to change the decision to introduce a new management structure but I hope we can influence Tesco to consider other options I trust this helps take care

Cinderella

The information I'm being given is different. I'm being pushed to give my answer, I said that I was aware USDAW were in talks and I wanted to see the outcome of those before making a decision. In my store they said the talks were complete and no more changes to the role or process were going to be made. The only way our conversations are informal are that we are not getting any minutes/notes after the meetings. The changes go live in two weeks.

Am I getting incorrect information?

newdawnrising

As we are expected to sign new contracts on the 12th April. Basically changing our job description to Team manager from which ever existing department we are currently in charge of. What happens if we refuse to sign the contract? Can we refuse?

Davethebave

Is the 12th of April when the team manager structure change is happening? Or is that just for team support?

Wonder why the media isn't all over this? They were quite happy to do stories about ASDAs changes but not Tesco 🧐

lordadmiral

It is in papers already. Just google it.

Albert

Small Store Team Supports, has anyone has 2nd meeting. Does anyone know what 'off till activity' looks like and differs from current role.

trolleyboy96

The role pack is on colleague help, it's essentially the team support job, doesn't look very different, just Tesco not wanting to pay for it anymore. Which is similar to our competitors, Morrisons it's 20p an hour more, Sainsbury's removed the payment, not sure on asda.

Redshoes

Basically it's the tablet and flexi work.
Old way is for manager to book overtime and TS dish it out. New way is for manager to book overtime and to dish out the allocated shifts to the flexi workers.
Shift leaders have duty etc. Much bigger role.

beentheredoneit

Quote from: newdawnrising on 23-03-21, 02:56PM
As we are expected to sign new contracts on the 12th April. Basically changing our job description to Team manager from which ever existing department we are currently in charge of. What happens if we refuse to sign the contract? Can we refuse?
It is a 'soft change' so you do not have to do anything - like sign a new contract and accept the new job description (have a good read).
Due to the amount of manager positions approxiamately being halved, it will be several years before shift leaders arrive - so the job at present will not alot different than before - most managers will gain CAs.
Only then will the job be as described.
Our SM has decided to try and get us TMs more responsibilities (Like lead team used to have) also says we will get 2 weekly 1 to 1s - cant see that lasting long ......
The alternative is to not accept the new role - you will be a 'stuck' manager - cannot see anything they can do about it, but as job is very much the same not much difference.
Personally, like many Stock Managers, I have been a 'stuck manager' for over 2 years with no proper responsibilities or accountabilities. I wont be signing up, so I will still be in the twilight zone - with no possibility of an outcome - until I leave, retire, or snuff it.
Gotta love this company ....
Treat others as you would like to be treated ......
beentheredoneit

Paupers wage

A job for life, no salary reduction with little or no changes involved, would money for old rope be a fair description, is it to harsh a view on these "soft" changes, some may say, a lot of hue and cry when no loss of employment is involved, Tesco's over managed ethos continues

Papillon

These changes don't feel minor to me. I'm a picker team support and feel I'm being backed into a corner. My job will not exist in a matter of weeks. The job distribution has been totally rewritten. The job title completely gone, yet NO redundancy! How is this possible!? I feel I'm being forced into a job role I would not have chosen  :( :(

JPW

I feel your pain, I've been a picker team support for about 5 years now, and it all feels like a bit of a waste. To me it's Tesco emphasising that we are just a set of hours to fit into the business, rather than people contributing to the store. I'm stepping down with payment protection and looking to leave completely.

You're right that these are not minor changes, we've done several years growth in a year under enormous pressure and insecurity, and Tesco have now potentially destabilised the core. Redundancy should be offered, but I suspect they've figured out a loophole to avoid payouts. I hope everything works out for you!

BarryZola

If you feel you're being treated unfairly or against English employment law (not being offered redundancy etc) then you're free to discuss it with the citizens advice bureau or seek professional advice. Personally, from what I've seen, I'd be refusing to change my role and would be asking them to make me redundant if the role has been removed from store. If they then dismiss you from the company I'd tell them I'll see them in court for unfair dismissal. Upto them really...

forrestgimp

This above me is the best advice on here. I am currently getting advice from the CAB and its an invaluable source of information and just having someone to talk to who has your best interests at heart is a god send.

The union tries but its a bit of a lame duck now a days.

Cinderella

Are the CAB giving any useful information?

Are the changes not going live for everyone on April 11/12? I'm wondering, as some of you have made it clear you're still fact finding, and that others haven't had any follow up one to ones. In my store we've been having them weekly since the day of the first announcement. I'm being pushed for my answer, including being phoned on my day off today.

I'm still waiting for feedback on a couple of questions I've asked them, which will play a big part in my final decision!

Tossgo

There is currently 4 team supports in our department (2 picker, 2 driver). We have all been offered the "fulfilment" role. I don't wish to take it as I'm not doing all this extra work for no extra pay.
If I was to step down as a picker would I still receive a cushion payment (the 18 month difference).
Or is it only the team supports in stores that have less fulfilment jobs that get that offer?

Rodders

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Yes you would qualify for either Protected Pay or a Buyout.  All 4 of us at our store have turned it down.  ;D ;D

beentheredoneit

Quote from: Paupers wage on 25-03-21, 04:58PM
A job for life, no salary reduction with little or no changes involved, would money for old rope be a fair description, is it to harsh a view on these "soft" changes, some may say, a lot of hue and cry when no loss of employment is involved, Tesco's over managed ethos continues
You are right. The ones being screwed this time are the team supports ; very badly - got to be a redundancy situation, whatever 'they' say.
Whatever they do to us team managers, we are still being paid ....
beentheredoneit

Belleofbelfast

I am a team support in a large store .. I don't want to move across to the new service team leader role... am I entitled to the buyout if I step down ?

Stubbo

Belleofbelfast

Are you able to explain why this is the case .. thanks

forrestgimp

Quote from: Cinderella on 26-03-21, 02:46PM
Are the CAB giving any useful information?

Are the changes not going live for everyone on April 11/12? I'm wondering, as some of you have made it clear you're still fact finding, and that others haven't had any follow up one to ones. In my store we've been having them weekly since the day of the first announcement. I'm being pushed for my answer, including being phoned on my day off today.

I'm still waiting for feedback on a couple of questions I've asked them, which will play a big part in my final decision!

My situation is different to what managers are going through but yes they have given me some good advice and information, I am willing to go as far as to leave my job and claim constructive dismissal if what they say is going to happen does happen but thats for the future.

BigBlueCo

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 27-03-21, 02:10PM
You are right. The ones being screwed this time are the team supports ; very badly - got to be a redundancy situation, whatever 'they' say.
Whatever they do to us team managers, we are still being paid ....

There is NOTHING soft regarding these changes , this is a formal process being done informally

I will refuse to sign and T and Cs and urge all of my management colleagues to do the same!!

Davethebave

Still no date for management change?

Team support are at least getting some money for the change. Don't agree with them having to still do some of the activities listed as "off till activity". If the change was just to move customer, get items and putbacks it wouldn't be as bad

VladPutin

Pretty much. Managers are being forced out of their comfort zones; no more parking your backside in one department for 10 years or more.

My heart bleeds for them. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk