News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 543
Total: 547

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dotnochance

Lol yeah I "think" we might have cleaned out trays last year, I mean pandemic and all

Gooner83

Quote from: Tosco19 on 19-03-21, 02:37PM
Quote from: keef1894 on 18-03-21, 06:54PM
Hearing different thing so is it 18 months or 24 months protected pay if a team support steps down?

Protected pay is 24 months, the buyout is 18 months

May I just add, unless there is just a great store manager at our store, some of the wrong information, and more so LACK of information some colleagues on here are being given by their store managers is nothing short of disgusting

Thanks Tosco19, makes me feel abit happier about my own calculations now, also my store manager is actually quite good but I personally don't think even store managers have a clue what's going on this time around, might be that you have a good group personnel manager that knows a bit more than the SMs

Gooner83

Quote from: dotnochance on 19-03-21, 07:08PM
Lol yeah I "think" we might have cleaned out trays last year, I mean pandemic and all

Clean trays? Do they exist?

We refused a tray swap out not too long ago because of the gamble of actually getting cleaner trays than the ones we send back was too risky!

Tosco19

Quote from: rogerthedodger on 19-03-21, 07:02PM
The company has made it clear they have no value for the workforce, they are already trying to implement bagless shopping even if customers want and will pay for it! Also plan to increase pick rate very soon! Pure greed and profit. All with less team supports. Stores leaving trays outside buildings loading in yard and numerous other H+S breaching accross the business. Trays have no way of being clean to a remotely reasonable level common sense would tell them that! One swob of a tray most stores would need to close.

100% bagless starts next month in all stores  :P

dotnochance

Checkoutboy0926

Advise please:

I'm currently signed onto options and am 75% complete. I'm basically waiting for a placement so I can complete my training. Is it likely that an opportunity would pop up or should I just not bother at this point? I've spoken to a few manager at my store and have had mixed reactions. My store manager said that relocating may act in my benefit if a job were to appear, but that would only be after I've been signed off.  :question:

Redshoes

There might be a better chance of shift leader job but it all depends on your local area or how far you are willing to travel. I have seen jobs being advertised in other areas but for my area it's now a matter of waiting for people to retire. If a job comes up now you will probably be one of many that interview.
For you, a placement may not become available unless maternity cover is needed. If gaps are going to pop up in the near future a local decision may be made to create a small placement so you can be added to the pot if a job does become available
We have signed off but not appointed managers in my group. It always used to be that you had a year to find a job but options had to be done again if longer than that. If a signed off but not appointed manager carries out enough of the management tasks this time can be extended but I doubt there will deputy pay available as most stores are now too heavy and job prospects don't look good. Stores might use for holiday cover etc in the short term. 

Davethebave

It's hard to say what the best thing to do is.

It feels like very little opportunities will come up for team
Manager placement when there will be so many stores that are top heavy. Just wouldn't make sense putting a placement in. Even shift leader roles may take a while to start appearing due to having so many managers still in the business. You might get lucky with some early retirements etc but you may want to consider alternative roles within Tesco or branch out to another retailer if that's what you want to do

londoner83

Think large store management vacancies will be few and far between for a good few years. Many stores are above their allowed levels and even if store A had a few leavers and needed replacements suspect they would move the excess management from Store B rather than create another manager.

Might be worth considering different formats, as express seem to have higher labour turnover (although there is probably a reason for that)

whatajoke2019

From the communication shared on our wall at work I suspect any managers who left the business would have those roles, where allowed, filled by managers from other stores to bring the overall head count down-that's how I interpret it.

The past few years have just proven how little some people care about the impact these changes have so long as "I'm alright Jack"-it's my own personal opinion but I think they should stop promoting opportunities to get on because they know full well it's going to be even harder now to 'get on'. Even if that means people who would actually make for brilliant managers missing out...

As for the Express format I would never say to anyone don't try it because everyone is different and some people adapt far better than others but I had a stint as a Shift Leader-never again.

There were too many things wrong, in how it operated, that swayed my decision to move back to large format. One of them being working 'one on one' and expected to work through your break but the other colleague being allowed there. It's all well and good being paid for them but there were some days a nine hour shift got too much.

whatajoke2019

Quote from: 5fdp on 19-03-21, 06:42PM
Just wait till the night mgr phones in sick at 8pm and they are the only one in. How do you get breaks. And what happens if you have a home emergency through the night. Do you need to wait till 6am till another mgr comes in.  Feels like a team leader may come back on nights.

On the role pack for Shift Leaders Small/Large/Extra stores it does mention nights and the expected responsibilities of those colleagues.

I've been told a store within our Group, once all of the changes have finally bore fruit, will have just one Night Manager.

biggguy

How do they purpose to run a night shift with one manager ,what happens on his/her day off or on holidays????

Davethebave

The shift leaders will be responsible for actually delivering the shop, so one night manager is fine. The manager will be doing management activities and not the day to day running of the shop

Rodders

Has any Driver Team support stepping down to a driver been given their payout figures yet?

markwinters

Any manager yet had 3rd Meeting?  did you agree, and what happened if you didn't? I don't believe this is just a name change as is being told to us, seems like a back door to new structure we don't even know yet, nobody being given very much info- think I am being bullied in to accepting a new job in name only!

Davethebave

Some manager I know have only had the one meeting which was the announcement

Cinderella

I've been speaking to my colleagues and it seems we are all being given different information! I am aware that the new STS role for TS will involve a weekly changing rota, and also 9 hour shifts with an hour and a half break. She wasn't informed of any of this, and accepted the new change thinking she would still only have to do half shifts and could still only work a certain part of the day.

I really don't think stores are doing all they can to ensure transparency with these changes!

willie2018

Anybody know if there is a cooling off period after accepting the new role ?

I feel I've been played like a right mug as the other driver team support been offered Monday to Thursday driving and when I asked I got no that wasn't possible ???

As for the extra £42 a week (being a shift leader) minus tax and NI it isn't really worth it for the extra responsibility.

markwinters

reason for extra meeting is don't agree with the " minor change"  been told its only name that is changing but must be something we aren to getting told. if you just went along with it you wouldn't need any more time or meetings

Cinderella

Quote from: willie2018 on 22-03-21, 02:20PM
Anybody know if there is a cooling off period after accepting the new role ?

I feel I've been played like a right mug as the other driver team support been offered Monday to Thursday driving and when I asked I got no that wasn't possible ???

As for the extra £42 a week (being a shift leader) minus tax and NI it isn't really worth it for the extra responsibility.

I asked that as I wanted to trial it and see how it goes, but they told me no.

Well, they actually said I could try it and step down later, but that by accepting it I would lose the buy out and protected payment options and go straight to having a pay cut.

spike_pkh

Quote from: Davethebave on 22-03-21, 08:01AM
The shift leaders will be responsible for actually delivering the shop, so one night manager is fine. The manager will be doing management activities and not the day to day running of the shop

Apart from as far as I am aware no shift leaders on nights for extras, at least not at the moment

VladPutin

Quote from: rogerthedodger on 17-03-21, 08:49AM
Home shopping Dotcom look like it is going to lose a massively amount of experience based on this ill conceived plan. It's an unbelievable time to make such sweeping changes and lose so many experienced team leader to become general assistants on hours not needed.
Spend a fortune paying skilled people to do unskilled jobs. Then retrain people to do the same job.
Farcical

Dot comedy need to be slashed to the bone. They are a loss leader who struggle to make a significant profit. The greatly increased number of pickers means it's far more difficult to have the aisles filled and presented for the real customers who actually shop instore. And those should always be the priority, not the ones so lazy they can't be bothered to shop for themselves.

Almost every day, we get customers complaining they can't get through aisles because they are clogged with dot comedy trollies. I can sympathise; working a cage takes longer now because you're having to wait on a picker digging down to the last layer of stock to get the best date. And while we're on that subject, why do pickers find it so difficult to replace trays neatly? The number of times I've had to growl at a picker because they leave trays sticking out of the racking etc... 8-)

Davethebave

Confirmed from a local extra tonight that they won't have shift leaders on nights. Although they will keep lead managers.

Personally would rather trade lead manager on nights for a shift leader or two. Makes more sense rota wise

spike_pkh

I also believe trading 1 lead for 2 shift leaders would make more sense and probably save on payroll

Buster99

Quote from: bluemoonfan on 22-03-21, 11:15AM
Has any Driver Team support stepping down to a driver been given their payout figures yet?

Not even had a meeting in 3 week, just got told I had no job as a driver team support anymore and that's it, I'm on holiday this week and we are suppose to stop doing the job 31st March, think it's a joke that we have had no official letter stating when our pay ends or any kind of official notice it's all been word of mouth, gonna need at least 4/5 week notice if they want to change my hours due to nursery and partner working full time so guess I'll be doing my hours for untill someone sorts it, can't wait to walk in 1st April and have no stress let the 2 nee fulfilment support crack on with there job, one of them has turned it down already lol, there miles off been ready, Iv worked out my figure should be 12.91 - 9.98 = 2.93, 2.93 x 36.5 = 106.945 X 78 = 8341.71 is that right?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk