News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 04:38AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 604
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tosco19

Quote from: londoner83 on 16-03-21, 03:17PM
In my store till team support are just becoming Service Team support. No one has been offered a buyout or protection pay if they step down instead.

However suspect its in stores where team support no longer exists where buyouts will come into play.

Dodo is correct. The buyout applies in all cases where the new rate of pay is lower than the current rate of pay - that's the simple way of looking at it without bringing in the complexity of different store formats

NightAndDay

Quote from: Rumblerumble on 16-03-21, 06:55PM
Has the scoting criteria for anyone who is not moving into the new job role been shared or can anyone share it.

We have a colleaugue who is has been told there is no role for them and they have to step down.

There isn't one, managers claim "there is one" to externally make it seem like a professional process, but the reality is it comes down to who are the managers best chums.

Cinderella

Has the scoting criteria for anyone who is not moving into the new job role been shared or can anyone share it.

We have a colleaugue who is has been told there is no role for them and they have to step down.

We have been told everyone has to be offered it, and if more people than they actually want in the role take it, they will all be safe until they naturally move on

Cinderella

Quote from: RhysGGood on 16-03-21, 09:24PM
Do managers in your store have the option of becoming a colleague?

I asked that, but as no one is asking to take two steps down, there was no formal answer.

Rumblerumble

Interesting as we have 2 Dot Com Team Support who have been told they have to step down.

Quote from: Cinderella on 17-03-21, 11:56AM

We have been told everyone has to be offered it, and if more people than they actually want in the role take it, they will all be safe until they naturally move on

NightManager

Quote from: NightAndDay on 04-03-21, 11:07AM
It would make more sense to get rid of lead team, have Team managers assume the responsibilities of lead team and shift leaders to assume responsibilities of team managers, massive cost savings on wage bill that can be reinvested in more feet on the floor.

I love that colleagues always think that by the company loosing a Team Manager/Lead Manager etc will result in more GA's  ;D

NightManager

Maybe Team Managers feel the same as you do about the difference between their salary and that of the team supports...

lackofinterest

Quote from: NightManager on 17-03-21, 06:57PM
Quote from: NightAndDay on 04-03-21, 11:07AM
It would make more sense to get rid of lead team, have Team managers assume the responsibilities of lead team and shift leaders to assume responsibilities of team managers, massive cost savings on wage bill that can be reinvested in more feet on the floor.

I love that colleagues always think that by the company loosing a Team Manager/Lead Manager etc will result in more GA's  ;D
they would be a lot cheaper and a lot more valuable to the company. they know managers will sell their soul to them. easily brainwashed

Cinderella

A manager had a quiet word with me, saying that if I do decide to step down I need to be careful. He specifically emphasised the point that although we are being offered a buy out, we are not being told when we would receive the money. I had assumed the first pay after the changes take effect.

Anyone have any information on this?

Tosco19

I have been told buyout is paid on 30th April pay day

beentheredoneit

In my store, we lost both of our lead managers in last years' restructure.
Even the store manager agrees the store has never run better - especially when he returns from a holiday .....
beentheredoneit

Gooner83

I don't want to sound like a broken record but have any team supports actually seen official figures for the payout? I'm a driver team support who's probably going to go back to driving but want to know official figures first!

Stubbo

It's easy to work out, just your skill payment x hours worked each week x 4 x 18.

keef1894

Hearing different thing so is it 18 months or 24 months protected pay if a team support steps down?

Gooner83

I'm also hearing different things as mentioned above some are saying skills payment x 18 months however I'd have thought it should be done on weeks as contracts are weekly and pay is 4 weekly, if you do it as 78 weeks instead of 18 months then there's two different figures, also is it skills payment on new hours or on 36.5 as again they'd give different figures?

undo

Quote from: .....1 on 15-03-21, 11:32AM
Have you been contacted by the store and told your return date is the 1st April? I didn't think Boris has announced shielding is ending yet

I'm returning on the 1st, had an email today telling me my shielding was ending, however I am extremely apprehensive to return as I honestly have no idea what my job role is even going to be like when I go back.

forrestgimp

Can I ask, are you management?

Tosco19

Quote from: Gooner83 on 18-03-21, 04:05PM
I don't want to sound like a broken record but have any team supports actually seen official figures for the payout? I'm a driver team support who's probably going to go back to driving but want to know official figures first!

Yes I have, the payout for a Driving Team Support to a Shift Leader is £2733 paid on 30th April

Tosco19

Quote from: Gooner83 on 19-03-21, 12:38AM
I'm also hearing different things as mentioned above some are saying skills payment x 18 months however I'd have thought it should be done on weeks as contracts are weekly and pay is 4 weekly, if you do it as 78 weeks instead of 18 months then there's two different figures, also is it skills payment on new hours or on 36.5 as again they'd give different figures?

It's calculated on weeks yes, it's the difference between your old hourly rate and your new hourly rate.

Example

Driving team support current rate £12.12
New shift leader rate £11.16

(Both above assuming no location pay)

Difference is 96p

0.96 x 36.5 = 35.04 per week protection

35.04 x 78 (calculated in weeks not months) = £2733

£2733.12 is the 18 month (78 weeks) buyout

The pay protection is 24 months and is worth 35.04 a week, although be aware of things which Erode this

Hope this helps

Tosco19

Quote from: keef1894 on 18-03-21, 06:54PM
Hearing different thing so is it 18 months or 24 months protected pay if a team support steps down?

Protected pay is 24 months, the buyout is 18 months

May I just add, unless there is just a great store manager at our store, some of the wrong information, and more so LACK of information some colleagues on here are being given by their store managers is nothing short of disgusting

chris9997

so does anyone know what is happening to Nights team managers

Davethebave

Nights team managers will follow the same structure as the days managers.

spike_pkh

Most large stores will lose a team manager at nights. Our large extra store will have 1 night manager per night for half the year as we are losing 1 (so going down to 2 team & 1 lead).

5fdp

Just wait till the night mgr phones in sick at 8pm and they are the only one in. How do you get breaks. And what happens if you have a home emergency through the night. Do you need to wait till 6am till another mgr comes in.  Feels like a team leader may come back on nights.

rogerthedodger

The company has made it clear they have no value for the workforce, they are already trying to implement bagless shopping even if customers want and will pay for it! Also plan to increase pick rate very soon! Pure greed and profit. All with less team supports. Stores leaving trays outside buildings loading in yard and numerous other H+S breaching accross the business. Trays have no way of being clean to a remotely reasonable level common sense would tell them that! One swob of a tray most stores would need to close.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk