News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:54PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 551
Total: 552

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undo

I'm a Checkout team support but have been shielding for the last 4 weeks. I return to work on the 1st of April but haven't been told much about the new Service team support/Shift leader structure and am feeling very out of the loop.

Am I right in assuming you will only be told the 18 month buyout amount once you have agreed to step down?

Have you been contacted by the store and told your return date is the 1st April? I didn't think Boris has announced shielding is ending yet

Cinderella

Quote from: undo on 15-03-21, 12:29AM
I'm a Checkout team support but have been shielding for the last 4 weeks. I return to work on the 1st of April but haven't been told much about the new Service team support/Shift leader structure and am feeling very out of the loop.

Am I right in assuming you will only be told the 18 month buyout amount once you have agreed to step down?

I was told they would only tell you once you give your decision, but then they gave me my figure. They're probably assuming I've decided because I said I wasn't sure about the new role. It's not difficult to work out. Take the difference between your current pay and a checkout operator's pay and that difference over 18 months will be your figure.

Morris999

Quote from: .....1 on 15-03-21, 11:32AM
Have you been contacted by the store and told your return date is the 1st April? I didn't think Boris has announced shielding is ending yet

Boris has said that they are currently looking to end Shielding on 31st March, however a final decision will be made in the middle of March, once the data of the vaccine program has come in with the data from the schools reopening.
As it stands all those who are shielding should have had or been offered a vaccine.
So the thinking of most who are shielding is that it will end on 31st March unless Supreme Leader Whitty decides to wait until they have had the second dose.

Welshie

Many shielders will only have had one dose of vaccine so far and most shielders will be on medication that gives them a lower immune response and that's why they're shielding  . This means the vaccine has a lesser effect for them . I do think any shielder who is 3 weeks post second dose should be able to return to work in April .

Quote from: Welshie on 15-03-21, 03:34PM
Many shielders will only have had one dose of vaccine so far and most shielders will be on medication that gives them a lower immune response and that's why they're shielding  . This means the vaccine has a lesser effect for them . I do think any shielder who is 3 weeks post second dose should be able to return to work in April .
It was previously suggested by the government that the shielded should wait until 3 weeks after the second dose, be interesting to see what Tesco's approach to this is especially when many of the CEV by nature of their health condition get much less protection from the vaccines, also the government has said when shielding ends employers can still furlough anyone who's CEV until the scheme ends in September.

Welshie

But Tesco have never furloughed shielders or even given them that option  and to be honest most I know have had enough now and just want back to work as soon as it's safe . It will be very interesting to see as it also means they'll be returning at different times .

Yeah I understand Tesco never furloughed anyone but a couple of colleagues who are shielding are very anxious about returning if Boris announces it as there is still a lot of unknowns about how the vaccines affect them, if someone in a company outside Tesco in the same  situation was able to be furloughed and get 80% pay and that option is not available to Tesco's CEV then it means colleagues may have to choose their job over health and that not really fair, some colleagues have real concerns.

Morris999

What's interesting this time compared to the other 2 lockdowns, is that if Boris sticks to shielding ending on the 31st then all the non-essential shops will still be closed, putting the CEV's potentially at extra risk.

Quote from: Morris999 on 15-03-21, 05:31PM
What's interesting this time compared to the other 2 lockdowns, is that if Boris sticks to shielding ending on the 31st then all the non-essential shops will still be closed, putting the CEV's potentially at extra risk.
Exactly and it inevitable that the cases will rise again when everything starts opening up and with the kids back in school. I think where there are unknowns about vaccine effectiveness with some groups the government should  still apply shielding to those until more of the population is vaccinated, to me it doesn't make sense they say you can still get furloughed and also say shielding is ending.

Rad

Quote from: Morris999 on 15-03-21, 05:31PM
Will the CEvs not have had their vaccination by then?

Most would of had the first but not the second. However there is a lot of doubt at the moment about the effectiveness of the vaccines on certain groups within the shielding group.

Nomad

Topic subject: [admin]Management restructure 2021[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

RhysGGood

Is there any managers on here thinking about stepping down to a colleague role throughout this restructure?

Welshie

Quote from: Nomad on 15-03-21, 08:52PM
Topic subject: Management restructure 2021

Nomad  you are correct as always but is there a way to move comments about shielding and vaccine to the correct topic as I personally am interested in opinions on returning to work/vaccine/ new strains as we move forward with trying to get shielders back to work while also maintaining their safety . Thanks

[admin]You're correct, there is a way to move posts. However like most things it is not straight forward, also if they are not noticed and moved at the right time the time/date of the post being moved will be out of sync with where it is being moved to thereby making the thread a nonsensical mix of dates/times with no logical flow. Then you have the problem of a post that touches on both subjects and a disgruntle member because a mod/admin edited their post, or moved a post that had in part info relevant to the thread it was posted in. Life 8-) :-*[/admin]

londoner83

Can't you just create a new topic on shielding and return to work, and leave this thread for the management restructure?

Mystery2021

I'm getting mixed messages on here so is checkout team support just transferring over to
New job role as service team support? Because I'm seeing someone who Is checkout team
Support getting an offer of pay out.

William91

Quote from: Mystery2021 on 16-03-21, 08:35AM
I'm getting mixed messages on here so is checkout team support just transferring over to
New job role as service team support? Because I'm seeing someone who Is checkout team
Support getting an offer of pay out.

Same in our store. I'm under the impression we're just being moved over without a choice on the matter...

Dodo44

Same here - Ours is a large superstore so just transferring over to the new 'Service Team Support' role, no mention of buy out. I am understanding that small superstores will not have Team Support at all and an 'Off Till Activity' colleague role has been created instead and those TS will be offered a buy out or pay protection.

Davethebave

Dodo is correct.

Every store will be slightly different but some stores will have no TS at all, where as the bigger stores, where IDQ, service etc is a real challenge, they will keep the new form of TS

londoner83

In my store till team support are just becoming Service Team support. No one has been offered a buyout or protection pay if they step down instead.

However suspect its in stores where team support no longer exists where buyouts will come into play.

Rumblerumble

Has the scoting criteria for anyone who is not moving into the new job role been shared or can anyone share it.

We have a colleaugue who is has been told there is no role for them and they have to step down.

Cinderella

In my store we have the option of stepping down. Even managers are being given the option of stepping down to Service Team Support if they wish

RhysGGood

Do managers in your store have the option of becoming a colleague?

rogerthedodger

Home shopping Dotcom look like it is going to lose a massively amount of experience based on this ill conceived plan. It's an unbelievable time to make such sweeping changes and lose so many experienced team leader to become general assistants on hours not needed.
Spend a fortune paying skilled people to do unskilled jobs. Then retrain people to do the same job.
Farcical

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk