News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 05:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 526
Total: 530

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinderella

Quote from: forrestgimp on 13-03-21, 09:28AM
Quote from: Cinderella on 13-03-21, 12:16AM
Quote from: Mystery2021 on 12-03-21, 11:04PM
Is the checkout team support to move to service team support or do we
Still get the option of stepping down as a customer assistant with the buy out or
The cut in skill payment for 18 months

You have to choose what you will do. But if you try the STS role and change your mind, you lose the buy out for stepping down later

Not sure that should be the case, at least in the case of redundancy you are entitled to try a new role for a set period of time to see if it is a good fit or not and then still decide to acccept redundancy.

I would query that and not kust take a managers word for it, remember they have no more clue than you but will act as if they are the font of all knowledge.

I've queried it multiple times, as when a similar situation arose in a different company I worked for, we had a month's trial without forfeiting redundancy. (It was redundancy in that situation) I've even told them that all new contracts have cooling off periods by law - but they still keep insisting there are no trials. I would have given the role a go, if they would allow it

Biscuit tin

They made a total hash of the information given to the bakeries last year. Getting rid of over half the skilled staff in lots of stores on the basis of less range and more part bake, neither of which actually materialised.

Albert

If the options Tesco have set out for you are unacceptable then you should say this in your 1 to 1 meeting Tesco are looking to make the changes by an informal approach and individual agreement in the event they cannot achieve the changes in this way then they may have to leave the structures and roles as they are or they may have to consider other options
You should not be pressurised into agreeing any changes to your current role if if the options available are not suitable this is informal consultation at this stage should it become formal then we will be available to support and advice you during that process
In the meantime you may want to let Tesco know how you feel about the proposed changes now you are clear that Usdaw have had no part in this decision or agreed any changes Usdaw is challenging these proposed changes and have a team of reps who are team support / team managers currently meeting with Tesco to feedback our concerns and have asked Tesco to pause the changes until we can clear up the confusion and mixed messages and the changes to some of the checkout team support and dot com team support roles as well as off till activity
I want to assure you Usdaw are actively in discussions with Tesco we may not be able to change the decision to introduce a new management structure but I hope we can influence Tesco to consider other options I trust this helps take care

Mystery2021

What I've heard that store managers are saying checkout team support will automatically move over to the service team support role and don't get the option to take the but out of the skill payment or the 25% cut. Which was briefed at 1st meeting when it came down.

Thats the confusing part if its came down like that then should checkout team support have that option or not.

I see there an F+F shift leader role, will all clothing stores be getting this? Can't believe they will get paid the same as the new service team supports they have a much bigger role to do.
https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057857991-F-F-Shift-Leader

Cinderella

Quote from: Albert on 13-03-21, 11:23AM

If the options Tesco have set out for you are unacceptable then you should say this in your 1 to 1 meeting Tesco are looking to make the changes by an informal approach and individual agreement in the event they cannot achieve the changes in this way then they may have to leave the structures and roles as they are or they may have to consider other options
You should not be pressurised into agreeing any changes to your current role if if the options available are not suitable this is informal consultation at this stage should it become formal then we will be available to support and advice you during that process
In the meantime you may want to let Tesco know how you feel about the proposed changes now you are clear that Usdaw have had no part in this decision or agreed any changes Usdaw is challenging these proposed changes and have a team of reps who are team support / team managers currently meeting with Tesco to feedback our concerns and have asked Tesco to pause the changes until we can clear up the confusion and mixed messages and the changes to some of the checkout team support and dot com team support roles as well as off till activity
I want to assure you Usdaw are actively in discussions with Tesco we may not be able to change the decision to introduce a new management structure but I hope we can influence Tesco to consider other options I trust this helps take care

They are making it seem pretty formal, I keep being pressured into giving my final decision on Monday, but I want more time. I don't need more and more meetings (which they keep insisting on, until I answer) I just want time to myself to think! If I have questions, I can ask any time

Cinderella

Quote from: Mystery2021 on 13-03-21, 11:25AM
What I've heard that store managers are saying checkout team support will automatically move over to the service team support role and don't get the option to take the but out of the skill payment or the 25% cut. Which was briefed at 1st meeting when it came down.

Thats the confusing part if its came down like that then should checkout team support have that option or not.

Couldn't be more different from my store. We have been given the choice. No one can be forced into a role they don't want. A lot of the TS in my store are inflexible, so have to turn down the STS role on that basis

chris9997

The thing is that with events as they have been this year there are going to be some MM who don't want redundancy because of the small payout against no job , say a manager under 30 who has been withe the company say 4 years will only get weeks + companies payment around 4 weeks which would be just over 2 months pay if you have not got another job by then you are then in a worse position.

sam

In my store they combined GM and F&F ,one manager is going to move other role and one is going to take this position ,is this minor change or soft structure change ?

Dodo44

Can someone please clarify for me.. those large stores where Checkout Team Support are transitioning to Service Team Support does this come with a pay cut in the skills payment? If so, then this wasn't mentioned in any 1-2-1s that was had.

NightAndDay

Quote from: .....1 on 13-03-21, 12:10PM
I see there an F+F shift leader role, will all clothing stores be getting this? Can't believe they will get paid the same as the new service team supports they have a much bigger role to do.
https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057857991-F-F-Shift-Leader

Aye, Team Support is disgustingly overpaid for what they do.

Albert

Quote from: Dodo44 on 13-03-21, 11:41PM
Can someone please clarify for me.. those large stores where Checkout Team Support are transitioning to Service Team Support does this come with a pay cut in the skills payment? If so, then this wasn't mentioned in any 1-2-1s that was had.
No, Service Team Support in larger stores keep skills payment, those in smaller stores will lose payment and still be expected to carry out "off till activities" as a GA.

Red75

They're advertising for shift leaders at the Superstore where I work.
Does anyone know how much they will be paid?

Suppord

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Not sure if they have upskill on doing duty cover though.  Lucky you have shift leaders available a lot of stores like my own have too many managers.

Tosco19

Quote from: Morris999 on 09-03-21, 10:07AM
Quote from: Cinderella on 08-03-21, 10:57PM
Quote from: Morris999 on 08-03-21, 10:51PM
Quote from: helpme on 08-03-21, 09:50PM
They are all taking the lump sum as then if they find something elsewhere or decide to retire they will gain a little in their pocket.

Be careful about that, as I'm certain if they leave before the 18 months are up, then Tesco will claim the remaining months back of the colleagues.

I actually asked my store manager about that today. He said if I took the lump sum and left, I wouldn't owe them anything. He also said if I took the two years protected payments and left, i would lose out on what was remaining if I left. He also advised that the lump sum is the better option, as he mentioned future pay increases taking up a portion of what I would have been getting, whereas with the lump sum I would get it all

I think your store manager is having trouble reading a simple brief.
It's 18 months protected pay or lump sum and the brief I've seen says they will take back the difference if you leave before 18m.
Was same for other structures over the past few years.

The protected pay is 24 months in this structure, the buyout is 18 months

HR Advice

Has anyone asked if you just say that you are not willing to agree to the changes?

markwinters

the company aren't being honest about this in my opinion, what happens if we don't agree, I am being told its a " minor " change, hard to see how it is, many of my current responsibilities go to new team leader roles?  feel as being treated sign it or else...

Twine

In my store I'm team support, I asked the questions "what if I don't agree" sm response was "look for other vacancies in store however there is none" or look in other stores which are not viable due to location and transport. So then asked "what happens if nothing suitable or no alternative to step down to" then your basically talking your self out of a job and no redundancy payments, so I feel forced to accept the changes/new role or lose my job, surely this is not acceptable

beentheredoneit

certainly looks like team support  - and anyone else being told they must step down - are getting the worse of this. I don't see how this is any way legal - without the offer of redundancy.
beentheredoneit

Welshie

No matter what anyone says , unless you are prepared for them to contractually dismiss you and then take them to court , it is a case of doing what Tesco want . It's easy for people to say on here that things are against policy  and that might be true but having been in a similar position and just weeks away from contractual dismissal , I had to change jobs in the end as I have a mortgage and bills to pay .

Nomad

Always a pity when bullies win, and encourages them to repeat the exercise.

It is at such times one has to make full use of unions(yes I know), CAB, ACAS and possibly employment lawyers.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

stockstaffreduction

Quote from: Welshie on 14-03-21, 03:11PM
No matter what anyone says , unless you are prepared for them to contractually dismiss you and then take them to court , it is a case of doing what Tesco want . It's easy for people to say on here that things are against policy  and that might be true but having been in a similar position and just weeks away from contractual dismissal , I had to change jobs in the end as I have a mortgage and bills to pay .

Welshie, in regards to this informal change for Managers there seems to be various final outcomes being banded around based on who your S.M is.
A friend in another shop who is a TM,  has been told they MAY be dismissed if they do not agree to the changes, however another friend in a very large extra has been told that it would be dealt with by work levels above store manager level if they refused to agree.

No body wants to loose their job, however if this will be the case if you do not agree, then Tesco need to say this.

I cant help but think some underhand tactics are being used to implement this change.
My opinion ofcourse

Tinkerbell1975

God I hope the shift leader role comes with a different uniform if we're basically supposed to end up running the store. I remember the s*** show caused when they put managers in the same uniforms as the rest of the shop floor staff about 10 years ago - complaining customers weren't happy that the managers/supervisors weren't easily identifiable and used to ask for a "proper manager" when complaining. No wonder they swiftly changed it back and put them in their own uniforms again!

Cinderella

I'm supposed to give my decision tomorrow. I'm going to say I'm not ready and that I'm talking to the union to try to buy time. I also would like the 121s we've had to be given to me in writing, can I request this? As the information they are giving me isn't the same as everyone else and I don't want to find out they don't stick to agreements later on.

Everyone stepping down are really stressed about their new schedules - can we insist on sticking to the shift pattern we had before this change? Anyone know? Technically we were never 'needed' on checkouts at certain times, as that wasn't our role anyway

whatajoke2019

Quote from: gummibear on 14-03-21, 07:08PM
God I hope the shift leader role comes with a different uniform if we're basically supposed to end up running the store. I remember the s*** show caused when they put managers in the same uniforms as the rest of the shop floor staff about 10 years ago - complaining customers weren't happy that the managers/supervisors weren't easily identifiable and used to ask for a "proper manager" when complaining. No wonder they swiftly changed it back and put them in their own uniforms again!

I am happy to stand corrected, but I suspect not. From my brief time in Express as a Shift Leader the only thing 'different' I had was a smart jacket and clip on tie...!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk