Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

02-05-24, 01:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,453
  • Total Topics: 643
  • Online today: 555
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 196
Total: 199

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordadmiral

Quote from: his scots tie on 26-07-18, 10:34AM
You can leave USDAW online.Fully recommended.

Whats the link?  I only got about 'ask a question' ant there u choose cancel membership.

JL

Totot It will not be the last time as you say.  Still waiting to see a formula also. Managers doing nothing for people mentally. In fact the investigations and disciplinarys have been through the roof at my place. My pay is the exact same every month give or take a 10£ but minus almost 100£ this month.  The managers can't even look after themselves and end up looking daft. Just master the art of looking busy as someone here said. The toilet paper aisle is going to be in demand.   The BMW and Mercedes driving TMs can sleep well they can give the SM lip service and bobs your granny. The GAs just have to make do with the left overs from the Tosco and USDAW nosh up.

his scots tie

Quote from: lordadmiral on 26-07-18, 12:10PM
Quote from: his scots tie on 26-07-18, 10:34AM
You can leave USDAW online.Fully recommended.

Whats the link?  I only got about 'ask a question' ant there u choose cancel membership.
Send them an email and tell them you want to leave,mine was done same day.Dont wait to see a rep for months.

yamieko

so what happens if over all you're down 35.74  a month in your wages after the time and a quarter thing and you Havent had a payment. tesco has robbed me of money. I'm at a loss not a gain.

Fourqtwo

Same here £35 less I thought that if the changes in July means you lost money when Sunday dropped to time and a quarter there was a transition payment until November!!

his scots tie

Thought transition payment was for 18 months.£45 short.

his scots tie

Quote from: yamieko on 26-07-18, 01:39PM
so what happens if over all you're down 35.74  a month in your wages after the time and a quarter thing and you Havent had a payment. tesco has robbed me of money. I'm at a loss not a gain.
What Tesco are saying and usdaw have agreed is your 12 months earnings from nov 17 to nov 18,will be more than previous 12 months,i.e nov 16 to nov 17.This despite having to have a pay cut for five months.So no pay out.Im £45 per month short and will be earning £1  per month more in nov 18 than niv 17.So shafted by tesco and usdaw.

Mark calloway

I haven't seen anything on usdaw website about this. Mmm I wonder why

bugsbunny

Yes Loki I believe you are right, I don't know how management who work Sundays payment has been calculated, but I am sure it is different to ours as all the managers in our store who work a Sunday are getting a payment in October but they know now what they are getting. Oh and I am £68  down for the next 5months. No cushion payment for me so upset and so angry.

lucgeo

Perhaps an open letter to both USDAW and Tesco, signed by the VLH membership.......sent to the newspapers, asking both to explain in REAL and SIMPLE terms, how the calculations are worked....how non premium! Sunday, BH workers are receiving the higher pay rise % and others suffering a huge pay cut for 5 months???

Invite the readers of the paper to analyse the calculations given, ask any maths experts to explain, as we, the GA's can't understand any of it?? Ask for a readers poll if they think we've been stitched up??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Totot

We have been stitched up for sure. I dunno for sure about usdaw but usually union will give some donation to labour party.
I read they did before but i cant find the source.

Quitting the union in large scale will impact they revenue, and of course will impact their donation to labour party.
If usdaw regularly give donation to labour, we can give a bit pressure to the party then link it to media, and plus the increase payment of membership will make it more noticeable.

So rather than pushing usdaw that already wont care as long as their pocket are thick, pushing the labour party and media might have much better impact, if they get donation from usdaw of course. They morally have responsibility more even because of the donation. Plus it is near election year. Just need some martyr to do it.

The story will be a promise of payrise within two year than wont affected everyone hence some people wont enjoy it to the fullest. Tesco promise to give cushion payment under usdaw blessing but the doggy calculation left staff with pay cut in 5 month and possibly longer for some other.

If we can find those connection dot to some labour mp from this, we can make it big for sure.

mexicopete

Quote from: his scots tie on 26-07-18, 03:37PM
Quote from: yamieko on 26-07-18, 01:39PM
What Tesco are saying and usdaw have agreed is your 12 months earnings from nov 17 to nov 18,will be more than previous 12 months,i.e nov 16 to nov 17.This despite having to have a pay cut for five months.So no pay out.Im £45 per month short and will be earning £1  per month more in nov 18 than niv 17.So shafted by tesco and usdaw.

I'm the same at around £40 worse off every 4 weeks I also reckon my rise will be around £1 in November... no sign of a letter for the cushion payment... serves me right for coming out of the union as soon as I read about the premium decrease last year. Sunday is a fire fight in our store every week always has been and I have always worked a Sunday since the day  started at Tosco around 9 years ago. >:( >:( >:(
The worlds me lobster

yamieko

I thought it was illegal to take a cut in pay for the job your doing at a higher rate if it wasn't voluntary.

Who and how do we lift the lid on this and open a can of worms.

sensible_woman

I agree with lucgeo.
However much we shout about this, however much we deem it grossly unfair the powers that be don't give a toss.  They have no heart they are businessmen.  Because of that the only thing that matters to them is reputation and publicity.  Therefore this needs to be brought to the attention of the press with stories of how this is drastically affecting our quality of life and of our families' and how we were misinformed about a cushion payment 12 months ago and how underhand Tescos and USDAW have been.  The press hate Tescos as much as we do lets give them a story.

yamieko

sensible women. give me all the info and I'll do it. i hate Tesco and I work for them.

Nikkih4586

I also agree with an open letter wouldn't know where to start

sensible_woman

I think all the ammunition we need is written on this thread. Especially now that after our first payslip in the new regime has been received and we all know how much down we're going to be.  As for the wording on the booklet given 12 months ago I'm afraid I don't have it but many here still do.

sensible_woman

Do the press know about this site? A small piece in the press tucked away at the bottom of page 12 will be of no use at all.  Big, bold and totally in your face is what's needed and lucgeo suggested - get joe bloggs to look at the calculations and understand them.

sfo

Quote from: bestnotputmyrealname on 26-07-18, 10:27AM
Anyone else's USDAW contribution gone up? Looks like membership fees have gone up, even they've got a pay rise, will be leaving the union but I've yet to be able to get hold of the in-store union rep in the last four months to do this
google usdaw website for contact details and make a phone call - they will cancel it

sfo

Quote from: T.C.1 on 26-07-18, 11:29AM
O MY DAYS what are the union doing putting up fees the same month where all colleagues are taking a hit from time and half to time and a quatuar!!!! so what I've been told we were overpaid last year so these 5 months are balacling it out!!! Sorry where in the booklet did it say you should save in 16/17 for these 5 months!!! Like I said earlier Sainsburys tried the same thing but got caught out by the Asda take over MP's got involed it cost Sanisburys but they had to revise the pay offer plus the pay out on time and half!!
I was given the same c...p

sfo

Quote from: sensible_woman on 26-07-18, 08:09PM
Do the press know about this site? A small piece in the press tucked away at the bottom of page 12 will be of no use at all.  Big, bold and totally in your face is what's needed and lucgeo suggested - get joe bloggs to look at the calculations and understand them.
I spoke to a journalist from BBC 5 live the other day and told her my situation - down £16 pw. I also laid out the story of being bullied into signing the new contract. I referred her to this website.

sensible_woman

Are they going to keep you informed of their course of action?

sfo

Just dropped her another email asking her to review today's posts - let's see

toscozombie

This is so wrong I'm now a lot of money down but not just for 5months until November. I am a long term weekend worker ....even when we finally get the so called pay rise in November I'll still be worse off as I'm one of the minority who was personally told by Pauline foulkes when they took away the double time that I should stay in the union as we the minority long term weekend employees need protecting even more ....funny that ...as it didn't happen and as for my payout it was just under a 100 pound ...never mind the fact I'll still be worse off after November !!!  Nice protection hey  😡
Vintage worker

Pedroximenez

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-announced-105-pay-rise-10677440.amp

This article states that those worse off will be given a lump sum of 18 months of the difference in pay. ( like last time ) ...... words fail me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk