Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

02-05-24, 01:16PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,453
  • Total Topics: 643
  • Online today: 555
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 167
Total: 170

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

The one is Herod, the other Judas
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Nightworker23

You can count the people in our store getting compensation on one hand. They either work just a Saturday night or a Sunday. No one else is getting a bean.
Surely this in itself is a case for uneqaul pay
Those people are being paid more for that shift than everybody else for the next 18 months. So much for equal pay for equal work!
Everyone should get on to Leigh day with this information, as it might help as evidence in the equal pay for shop workers and distribution workers claim.

Loki

And of those who did, I'm curious as to how much/ little they received

his scots tie

The 3% pay rise shouldnt be including in calculating compensation.Thats why very few are getting a payout .Hours lost less 16p per hour par rise should be what the compensation is based on.

surlaroute

so, does anybody know what they're actually being paid until November yet? I don't know if I've worked it out wrong but I only work Friday/Saturday nights and I think that means from today I'm down about £40 a month, which means until November I'm down £30 a month compared to before, and then £20 down after that rise... was told nothing this week about any letter or anything though. Really worried about what my pay is gonna be at the end of the month... is it possible some of us are just going to be paid a lot less for the next few months with no compensation cos of the convoluted way they've calculated the difference? (as some have said, including overtime, etc - maybe bonuses and stuff too?) I'll ask next week I suppose, I was just too angry last night that I hadn't been approached at all and as midnight passed I realised I was working not knowing if I was even being paid correctly for it. It's really disgusting.

sfo

In november my total "pay rise" over 2 years will be 3.4% not counting the fact that we don't get the 3% until November. Inflation is running at 3% so basically a real terms pay cut. Can't wait  to hear the words from a manager "can you do me a favour". Shame that some customers won't be getting their shopping delivered.

sfo

Quote from: tandomwerk on 01-07-18, 02:32PM
so, does anybody know what they're actually being paid until November yet? I don't know if I've worked it out wrong but I only work Friday/Sat*rday nights and I think that means from today I'm down about £40 a month, which means until November I'm down £30 a month compared to before, and then £20 down after that rise... was told nothing this week about any letter or anything though. Really worried about what my pay is gonna be at the end of the month... is it possible some of us are just going to be paid a lot less for the next few months with no compensation cos of the convoluted way they've calculated the difference? (as some have said, including overtime, etc - maybe bonuses and stuff too?) I'll ask next week I suppose, I was just too angry last night that I hadn't been approached at all and as midnight passed I realised I was working not knowing if I was even being paid correctly for it. It's really disgusting.

I sent an email to Tom Hollick in benefits and pay I suggest you do the same.

Tom
Thanks for your response on 25th June 2018.I have spoken to a manager regarding the issue of a July 1st pay cut for Sunday  workers and she had no knowledge of any letters being sent out. Can I assume then that I will not be compensated for the £64 drop per 4 weeks that I calculate as the difference on 1st July? My contract dated 04/03/18 states that I will be be paid £396.37 per week - will this change? If so this is a change in my terms of  employment and I should have been given a new contract to reflect any changes in my pay with  four weeks notice.I would appreciate it if you could clarify my situation regarding my personal terms of employment as nobody in my cfc seems to know anything about this issue. Could you please email me my contract of employment as of July 1st 2018Regards

sfo

just heard that you only get a payout if you do more hours on a Sunday than you do the rest of the week. How the **** did our union agree to this ( sorry ex union)

Millie

Quote from: Loki on 01-07-18, 01:34PM
is there any way I can contact you privately?

Loki

Afraid not.No offence. I don't get much time lately which why I'm hardly on here anymore. Maybe someone else can help but you need to become a VLH member to private message someone.

bugsbunny

Has anyone actually  received a letter telling them they are getting some compensation? And if so dies the letter go to work or home? No one in our store seems to know anything, the communication is atrocious a complete and utter shambles. This is people's lives they are messing with disgusting

trolleyboy96

It goes to stores, for someone to be there if you have any questions.....don't laugh...

Shafted

Quote from: bugsbunny on 01-07-18, 05:47PM
Has anyone actually  received a letter telling them they are getting some compensation? And if so dies the letter go to work or home? No one in our store seems to know anything, the communication is atrocious a complete and utter shambles. This is people's lives they are messing with disgusting
About half a dozen in our store. Letters go to store. They don't know what's in the letter. Your manager should give you the letter.
To everyone working out how much less you are going to earn ask your union how they agreed to this scenario as in all honestly you've been totally shafted.

JL

I like how the TMs have been talking about the rise at recent team talks when some are losing money. May only be losing a 5 a month but with living costs on the rise and having to work harder the place is not worth 50 a month extra just now.

lessforlife

6 people have received a letter in our store this weekend, the letter was handed out to each person by their manager. One of the staff affected told me that it just says that because you are adversely affected by the change you will receive a one off payment of £xxx and you will receive it next payday.

notsofunny

Quote from: bugsbunny on 01-07-18, 05:47PM

All the letters had been sent to stores from wed to Friday ,  I have seen 4 which is from 4 Express stores and it seems that if you do more hours on a sunday than you do during the week then You get a pay out ,

It shows a work out with what you got before and after ,( Its worked out showing the pay rise that you got and the pay rise you will  get in November)

Pay out has ranged from £88 to £130 ,

Seems no one that started after the Calculation start date has been paid out ,

Have not found any Team leaders that have been paid out at all In Express ,

And S/M in Express will have been told what they will get but its so far been below £200 , and those work all Sundays which seems odd ,

The letter is much like the Benifits card you get , which does show how its worked out ,

Think it would have been better if they had sent out a letter to everyone regardless of if they are due a pay out or not , but hey seems they dont think you are worth the cost of the Paper  :(

sfo

everyone should ask for a new contract that reflects the pay cut

Expressdude2016

The new contracts should be available on Payroll reports from wednesday that's normally when there there.

sfo

yeah and they said everyone affected would get a letter in June - i wouldn't hold your breath---- sorry I'm a bit bent out of shape by the way we've been deceived

toscozombie

Quote from: Loki on 01-07-18, 01:34PM
o

A Very little amount.. the ones affected that I know of is  as some one said above around a £100 ..they have been very crafty using the November 16 to November 17 .
It's the long term weekend employees who have been hit again.
Vintage worker

Loki

Not often I'm astounded... but their despicable behaviour towards employees has hit an all new low. I remember at the time of the pay briefing for delegates how the National Forum Reps stood there and stated it was the best deal they could achieve! Unbelievable to be honest!

Usdaw and the National Forum Reps are deep deep in the pockets of Tesco. Not even for monetary gain. Sycophants of a different breed!   

Paulie

I will be down £65 a month on next months pay, have to wait until November to even itself out.

sfo

I don't think the 3% rise will make up the 65 quid

Grey goose

I don't understand how all the managers are getting a payout just for doing overtime on a Sunday or bank holiday, and yet ga's who are contracted for Sunday's who are having less money in their contractual pay from now until November get nothing

sfo

ask for a new contract so you've got proof of a pay cut

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk