Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

02-05-24, 11:06AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,453
  • Total Topics: 643
  • Online today: 555
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 162
Total: 166

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JL

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 30-06-18, 02:47PM
Quote from: GreenGrocer on 30-06-18, 11:57AM
Our store has new starts but the Team managers do not spend the time with them. Have seen a lot of them left with GAs who have only been at Tesco a few months and aren't exactly the best people to deliver training meanwhile the experience people riddled with arthritis are struggling on. As you say they need to sc**p management etc who don't know the arse for elbow. The night TM must be the highest paid shelf fillers in the uk while the GAs get less at Tesco than many of our competitors. If you got rid of the TM you could have every aisle covered every night with no Team Fills, save money and GAs would have time to spare to go the extra mile. Why not have the SM out on the shop floor too instead of having a person that sits in an office for most of the shift. We do not need a manager eithier to give the SM our views. Synergies and better service :question:

Greengrocer - Why do you think it take a manager to train the Newbies on how push cages and fill shelves, or am I missing something? Let's be honest, its just donkey work that almost anyone can do after a few shifts. They're called managers, but they don't really manage anything - just there to watch over the staff and help out if they can be bothered.

The standards are constantly falling. Let the TMs feel important. You're right they are called managers but manage nothing.  Donkey work it is but many still can't manage it. Ps pull cages don't push :)

lackofinterest

why they are still called managers beggars belief. supervisors maybe? they are not allowed to manage!!

bugsbunny

Hammer 10 and Crypto I am with you that is exactly what I am going to be doing. This company does not care at all about their hard working, long serving GA,s as long as they get there big bonuses and ridiculous salaries nothing but a bunch of greedy b*****ds.

Loki

They should've payed out much like the old buyout formula. For those who work a lot of hours on Sundays and receiving no compensation for it, thereby receiving a far inferior percentage increase in wages in comparison to those who receive the max is outrageous.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

JL

bugsbunny

Do the bare minimum. The TMs have no appreciation for people doing the best they can. They are too busy trying to pass the buck to a GA for the failing of a whole shift.

Loki

Union subscriptions will be strained after there being hardly any cushion payments made. Could be the straw that broke the camels back for many a member.

Loki

And no recent communication from the union regarding this matter and details of calculations to boot. Just the usual ambiguity from them with regards to the time periods of which payroll will be looked at! A disgrace!

Loki

" here's a paycut" for weekend workers...that's basically what both the company and union are relaying to employees. No matter how they dress it up.

Parasites the lot of them.

madness

But you got over 10% pay increase.... Yeah over two years which means roughly 5% per yeaar and it only brings you up to a future national minimum wage level.

trolleyboy96

Been told only 8 in the store I work in out of 200 staff of which 50 work pretty much every Sunday, seems odd and not right to be honest..would be interesting to see the actual working out for this one.

madness

In short getting extra pay per hour for 4 days a week outweighs the loss of the 1/4 sunday premium. Likely ones to get a payment are weekend only workers or sunday only workers as the 1/4 loss is more than the extra 10% trotted out for basic.

lackofinterest

Quote from: Loki on 30-06-18, 06:36PM
" here's a paycut" for weekend workers...that's basically what both the company and union are relaying to employees. No matter how they dress it up.

Parasites the lot of them.
parasites is putting it mildly loki >:(

daftjoe

As an ex Tosco colleague I can honestly say that the only way to hit back is to not shop there. Since retiring I have been "shopping around" and you can save more than your 10% discount by doing this. If you do use them you are only putting their money back in their pockets. You will also find the the supposed Tosco quality and value for money is cr*p.

My advice is:

Do as little work as possible, forget how to do things and ask lots of questions of managers. If you forced to change departments immediately forget everything about how you worked on the old one.
Think carefully about what is your job function and what should be done by the management team. Too many of you do things because it is quicker than getting a manager to do it.
Take your breaks and clock in and out on time (no extras).
AND
Smile as you tell them to stick their job without giving notice.
8) 8)

Ducky316

Im a full time ga working sun-thurs and I think getting a £40 a month pay cut for the next 5 months is a disgrace. After November's payrise I get £1.22 a month more than i get just now. Drastic Dave don't give a Naff about US monkeys on the shopfloor.

his scots tie

Quote from: Daftjoe on 30-06-18, 09:18PM
As an ex Tosco colleague I can honestly say that the only way to hit back is to not shop there. Since retiring I have been "shopping around" and you can save more than your 10% discount by doing this. If you do use them you are only putting their money back in their pockets. You will also find the the supposed Tosco quality and value for money is cr*p.

My advice is:

Do as little work as possible, forget how to do things and ask lots of questions of managers. If you forced to change departments immediately forget everything about how you worked on the old one.
Think carefully about what is your job function and what should be done by the management team. Too many of you do things because it is quicker than getting a manager to do it.
Take your breaks and clock in and out on time (no extras).
AND
Smile as you tell them to stick their job without giving notice.
8) 8)
:thumbup:

Shafted

Quote from: his scots tie on 30-06-18, 12:14PM
Yes opt out of sunday working if you want,one months notice required.They have to try to give you hours back ,if thats what you want,during the rest of week.But its not guranteed that they can.
They don't have to try at all! It's your decision to give up the hours so don't do it thinking you will recoup themelsewhere.

sfsorrow

Recoup them at an employer that isn't Tesco.

Hammer10

Making moments matter will be interesting next time.

his scots tie

Quote from: Shafted on 30-06-18, 11:19PM
Quote from: his scots tie on 30-06-18, 12:14PM
Yes opt out of sunday working if you want,one months notice required.They have to try to give you hours back ,if thats what you want,during the rest of week.But its not guranteed that they can.
They don't have to try at all! It's your decision to give up the hours so don't do it thinking you will recoup themelsewhere.

[attachment deleted by admin]

lucgeo

WMTY results will be fiddled as usual....the newbies will have a talk beforehand and their manager will sit in the room, hovering as they do it.

The managers don't train the newbies as they don't know how....I thrive on asking the manager questions on how to access different sections on the PDA, asked the SM couple of times, half expected her to put it to her ear and start talking into it, as she only has the ability of multi tasking by drinking a costa whilst talking on her mobile.

I wonder if there would be a case to answer on Sunday workers, losing their premiums, suffering an inequality, by not receiving the same % pay rise as weekday workers ???

Oh and the photo of John Hannet standing at the door of 10 Downing st. grinning to the camera with his "keep Sunday's special" posters >:( > >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

sfo

I'd advise everybody to opt out of Sundays because when that bunch of charlatans USDAW go into the next pay "negotiations" or capitulation they'll probably get rid  of the Sunday premium completely and Sunday workers will get a lower pay rise again.

Equalizer87

It's pretty obvious that Sunday premium will be gone by 2020, that's why they cut it mlby half to test the water.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

lackofinterest

Quote from: sfsorrow on 01-07-18, 01:58AM
Recoup them at an employer that isn't Tesco.
:thumbup: my thoughts exactly

lackofinterest

Quote from: Hammer10 on 01-07-18, 02:24AM
Making moments matter will be interesting next time.
havent seen the results of the last two. obviously bad :)

lackofinterest

Quote from: lucgeo on 01-07-18, 07:07AM
WMTY results will be fiddled as usual....the newbies will have a talk beforehand and their manager will sit in the room, hovering as they do it.

The managers don't train the newbies as they don't know how....I thrive on asking the manager questions on how to access different sections on the PDA, asked the SM couple of times, half expected her to put it to her ear and start talking into it, as she only has the ability of multi tasking by drinking a costa whilst talking on her mobile.

I wonder if there would be a case to answer on Sunday workers, losing their premiums, suffering an inequality, by not receiving the same % pay rise as weekday workers ???

Oh and the photo of John Hannet standing at the door of 10 Downing st. grinning to the camera with his "keep Sunday's special" posters >:( > >:(
i don't know who's the biggest scumbag hairnet or lewis. comes very close!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk