News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 288
Total: 290

Crazy Substitutions

Started by the-vortex, 19-03-12, 09:08PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faceandgo

strawberries    customer comment   must have at least three days life on them

An impossible order , the previous nights deliveries of strawberries only had two days life.
Substitution...err sweetcorn... hmm wonder if she'll want the clotted cream with them  ;D
take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

penguin

Last time I did my shopping online I ordered Wholemeal bread got a Soreen Maltloaf instead.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

apollo

When I worked on dot com the worst sub I herd of was soap instead of mouthwash take the phrase was your mouth out with soap to a whole new level  ;D

the-vortex

New leader in the "Really? That's a valid substitution?" list.

Customer wants ... Robinson's Summer Fruits squash (on offer at 2 for £2.50) gets...

wait for it....

One bottle of squash and...

Three bottles of VDF Merlot  :o

And the Special offer means she paid less that £1 for all three bottles of wine :o
Loyalty is a one-way street!

seenitall

Did the picking system recommend this?

Or did a picker do this (possibly based on instruction entered by customer)

Could be a dodgy customer trying it on (possibly with help from a friend on the dotcom team) as a way of getting cheap wine

crg89

Think the funniest substitutions we have had are our dot com have to be someone ordered a pregnancy test and were substituted a pack of condoms and the other one was they order a pack of strawberries are were give a girls swimming costume

B.O.B

Quote from: crg89 on 06-02-13, 11:47PM
someone ordered a pregnancy test and were substituted a pack of condoms
The mind boggles...!!!

We've also had another couple of corkers at our store recently...

1) - customer ordered Aunt Bessie's toad in the hole, customer got... Weight Watchers sweet & sour chicken.  Just what you need to go with your roast dinner!!

2) - customer ordered a pair of ordinary medium-sized tights, customer got... a pair of LARGE-sized cellulite-reducing body-shaping tights.  She was NOT happy about what was implied!!!

lord archibald

another good one recently, customer ordered a pregnancy  test, and received a tub of lube...think it was too late for that !

gomezz

Had onion rings instead of chicken wings this week.  The picker must have been a fan of Thomas the Rhymer.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Why do I do it?

I had a box of corona yesterday instead of an easter egg the customer kept it as-well said it'll save her going the off-licence later.

BlueToon

Two for you:
Ordered = Marshmallows for baking, Received = 9 inch round cake base.
Ordered = Pack of plug fuses, Received = plastic coat hooks!

Gold_Alien

got told about a customer who had ordered a daily paper, was subbed a watermelon!
Saw a tweet to head office on twitter some time back that had been re-tweeted goodness knows how many times.
Customer ordered pack of Rowntrees jelly, subbed... KY Jelly.
Head office comment: That is not an appropriate substitution.

Storck

The issue with subs is sometime a customer will accept a stupid sub cos they can use he sub and it save them money, eg nappies instead of sanitary towel. If the person has a child then they save money on the nappies as they only pay the price of the towels. The item then goes on the system as a good sub cos a customer has accepted it. Followed by in experienced picker and it happens again

lord archibald

best one yet this week, customer ordered fags and got........cheese !!

carl29

i wanted a 1 and 3 numbered candles. sub said 0 and 9 

devilslayer

Customer ordered a packet of wholemeal flour and received as a substitute a packet of dates.

Both from the Baking Aisle 8-)

A.T. Walker

When I first started I was told that a temp member of staff on his last week had subbed Condoms for a pregnancy test...

B.O.B

We've had several recently where customers have received girls nappies as a substitute for boys ones and vice-versa - puts a whole new spin on the phrase "the baby needs changing"...!   ;)

penguin

This one could take some beating I ordered Vanilla coca cola but I got a can of vanilla air freshener lol
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

gomezz

Nappies are gender specific?  You learn something new every day.

coffee_tea

Boys nappys are absorbent at the front and back, girls nappies are absorbant underneath and at the rear. Anatomically speaking.

gomezz

And there was me thinking that, what with leakage and all, it would be best to be absorbant all over?

PixieWixie

I know this thread is a bit old but nappies come in girls and boys nappies? Which brand?!

picktocube

Huggies,pampers and Tesco own brand

PixieWixie

Oh and my sub's this week
Risotto rice - sub was chapati flour
500g bag of spinach - sub was 4 whole cauliflowers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk