News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:12PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 281
Total: 286

Disciplinary Meeting

Started by tempo35, 29-04-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

I agree, the training did used to be different. The time scales are still in place however. It is now all online, can't be fudged. I know of two managers who have been sacked for signing off training that has not been completed, this was years ago but it did happen. Now you do it online and it's done with your own sign in. We all know of people who struggle to get signed on and hate doing it like this but it is you that is doing the training and it's all monitored.

lucgeo

They can't monitor the fact the manager is sitting in the room, hurrying them along with giving the correct answers...some still doing it on CA's behalf as a "favour", as another well used trick is to get the CA to go online, towards the end of their shift, obviously with not enough time to complete and they finish it for them, rather than have their department interrupted during a shift with the CA's doing training  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

Quote from: Bubbles1234 on 19-06-20, 10:16AM
I appealed and won.Managers need serious training on how to do investigation and graduate managers need proper training on disciplinaries  :thumbup:

Well done...now onwards and upwards  ;)

Nomad

Quote from: Bubbles1234 on 19-06-20, 10:16AM
I appealed and won.  Managers need serious training on how to do investigation, and graduate managers need proper training on disciplinaries  :thumbup:

Top notch.  :thumbup:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Tinkerbell1234

Thank you all for listening and all the advice been a great help :)

Bean23

Ask for a copy of any notes taken and remember you need to read through and sign them that way you can highlight anything wrong but also ask them to document anything you disagree about. 
However any colleague can sit in with you they can't answer for you hopefully evidence is one offence and not a lot more as theft is taken very seriously. Every point is 1p treble of using partner sites

Veryhelpful2020

I turned up to an investigation meeting last week and was told the wrong date and time were on my letter.  ???

Am I right in saying I’ll have to get another letter with notice in it?

lucgeo

Veryhelpful2020

Fab. Thanks. I’m fully expecting to be told on my next shift that it’s happening today.

Just wanted to be prepared for a challenge.

lucgeo

They have to give at least 24 hour written notification, this is to enable you to arrange representation, or re arrange for when you can secure a rep or colleague to accompany you.

Remember the golden rule....if there's two of them, should also be two of you.

Veryhelpful2020

Thanks lucgeo,

When I was told on Thursday that there was an error in my letter, I expected the correct information be put on a new letter there and then but that never materialised.

I understand (but not been told) that it will probably be on my next shift so having this information, I can tell them that I Haven’t had the required written notice in order to get representation.

Thanks again!

Tinkerbell1234

Hi I got a email from people partner to return to my store she arranged a meeting with my manager and another manager to  sit in she said my manager was going to apolgise regarding for not doing a thorough check and putting me through stress and anxiety yesterdsy had meeting and got no apology everything in the email he did not do. I have a ajustment passport which states if im in an uncomfortble place or situation i get very anxious. In my store there are a couple of staff that course me alot of problems which i have mentioned to my manager on a number of accasions So Told my manager at the moment I will not feel comfortable to do lates at the moment.I dont mind lates as have been lates in the store Im in at the moment.hes answer was I dont work like that problem is he dont deal with the staff he says nothing to them can he force me to do something that im not comfortable with which states in my passport hes body language said it all dont know what to do im worried my anxiety will build up again im in a better place now.sorry for going on thanks

oldfashionedplayer

So you don't feel comfortable working lates due to other colleagues you are in contact with on that shift are causing you problems? Or because they have done in the past?  (hope I'm correct ton reading that), if so, then if you've mentioned this to your manager then they should ideally making a note of it for record, aim to speak to the colleagues involved and aim to work on the problems or possibly go further into investigation if it's something such as bullying and harassment.

Ideally they could also temporarily move you on your shift away from the ones involved at the time, but it's possible they would be able to say they will look into it and ask if it's fine to continue your current shifts with them or discuss possible temporary measures, rather than the force that you are saying, if they are indeed aiming to force then I'd recommend speaking to another manager regarding it and wanting it in writing or using the protector line if your uncomfortable, you could also however call in and ask to speak to someone regarding it as you feel unsafe and go from there but you shouldn't be being "forced", they can however ask...

lucgeo

Did the email include the written words that the manager had caused you stress and anxiety and was to apologise to you for it?
Did it acknowledge that you had been treated unfairly by the manager?
Were notes taken in the meeting? If so were you given a copy?
Did both managers speak or just the one?
Did you have a rep or colleague accompany you in the meeting?
Were you given sufficient notice to attend the meeting, to prepare?

Tinkerbell1234

Hi the meeting was to clear the air so I can go back to my store yes the email states the manager is aware he caused you unnessasary  stress and anxiety and to give him a chance to put it right with an apology  and there was no apology  he knows about the staff but will not deal will it he said I need to document it down which I have done before.he said  its not hes job to manage the staff or shop that is why we have shift leaders.my colleague is having issues with the same staff  and nothing all im asking is for support on my return

lucgeo

Thinking further on this...
Was there a timescale of you working in the alternative store, where you are currently placed.
Have they offered you an alternative dept for you to return to your contracted store, or are they sending you back to the same dept and under the same manager, whom you won your grievance against?
The fact that you are working the lates in your temporary store, shows in your favour, and adds credibility to your reluctance to work lates on your return due to the anticipated bad atmosphere!

Tinkerbell1234

I work in express store, the store I'm in now I have been there nearly 4 months there are no vacancies in the area at the moment so they want me to go back to my store as I'm a valued member there.

But after the meeting yesterday I know its not going to be healthy.  He asked if I had any concerns I told him nothing, not sure who to turn to.

lucgeo

I would have thought the PM should have conducted the meeting between yourself and this manager? Was the other manager in the meeting between you both a senior manager?

Keep all correspondence concerning this...especially the email from the PM stating the recognition of stress and anxiety caused by this manager.

Contact the PM again...keeping copies. State your concerns, especially as the meeting was not conducted in the way you were led to believe it would,  no apology was forthcoming, and statement the manager made, that it is not his job to manage the staff or the shop, that is the shift leaders job, you find confusing and request clarification, as one of his past " let's talk" meetings was to inform you that as a shift leader, you did not have the authority to take someone off a checkout??

Did you get copies of the notes from the meeting?
Did you have a witness or rep at this meeting?

NightAndDay

Documentation is important, as the agenda was outlined by the PM, remedial steps such as getting the manager to apologise for misconduct and to improve treatment towards you is of paramount importance to be documented, this is so if further misconduct of the same nature from the same manager occurs again, you can repeat the process and the onus will be on the HR team to balance needs of the business with protection against lawsuits, you have to remember, the more documentation about misconduct, especially about dignity at work, victimisation and harrassment there is, the more objectively justified your claim for constructive dismissal or other lawsuits pertaining to victimisation, discrimination etc will be.

HR being the lowest level of business function in a corporation won't be the ones doing a legal repurcussion analysis, that will be General Counsel (the legal team) who "advise" (read instruct) the course of action the PM must take, this nips any protectionist activities in the bud.

Tinkerbell1234

Meeting i had on wednesday was not s senior manager sitting in was just another manager from another store notes were not taken I have all my notes from previous meetings kept them all I have emailed the PM she said any concerns speak to your line manager.

lucgeo

Did you have a rep?
Did the rep or you take notes of the meeting?
Were you offered a rep sitting in?

Tinkerbell1234

In this meeting no i was not offered to have rep sit in PM sent me email saying she was arranging a meeting with my manager and another was going to be there she stated manager should of done a thorough check and that he was aware it caused me anxiety and stress and that to give him a chance to put it right and hopefully with the apology can move forward when i had the meeting he did nothing so he did not follow the email the manager sitting in did not speak at all

NightAndDay

Sounds like a stitch up, if you are privy to tbe email or have a carbon copy, then that will be self evident as documentation. Just remember the manager is in a sticky situation as he would be ill advised (if the personnel manager is at least quasi-competent, most of them are uneducated fairy godmother types in my opinion who've been with the company over 20 years) to "manage you out of the business" by bullying etc as the documentation will be sufficient for the ET judge to pass judgement in your favour. With this in mind, as long as you don't do anything justifiable for disciplinary, keep your nose clean and adhere to KPIs and exceptions mandated by your adjustment passport, you just have to wait for the mateyboy manager to be hoisted by his own petard, when he does so, grievance mentioning legal action and insist on having the "challenging conversations" with the personnel manager about a more constructive solution.

Tinkerbell1234

I just recieved a letter from my manager regarding meeting I had no mention he gave me an apology etc just said concerns i raised and nothing will speak to union on monday I will keep my head down.I have a diary to record everything.

Tinkerbell1234

Hi  I have returned to my store after 3 months  :( can i ask what is a managers role he said he will not communicate with the staff not his job dont expect me to be down stairs not my job People partner told me any concerns to go to my manager first which I havd done and hes not intrested I raised my concerns regarding a couple of staff and at the moment dont feel comfortable working with them hes answer was if you cant we need to look at your job role when every store in my area all shift leaders do whatever I know its 2 earlies 2 lates and a mid im not saying no just support me my other colleague has the same problems with the same staff she tells him and he speaks to them me i have to document it so can be investigated today I saw a box hidden behind monitor in office hidden camera or voice recorder not sure has there is a camera there already.he closes the door and watches the camera he said we are not allowed on it.  He gets the baker to bake alot so enough on shelf for 3 days today he  said hes the king there.if I go to people partner she wont listen even to the point shift leaders not allowed in office only to collect pda or confirm gap thats it he has also sels on filing cabnets why clearly has no trust.who else can i go to. :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk