News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

09-05-24, 09:16PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,490
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 182
Total: 186

What changes will January bring

Started by newdawnrising, 08-01-24, 01:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duff McKagan

Suggestion was made in our store a couple of years ago that each GA on nights would do the labels for the aisle they were filling at the time. It's possible I suppose but really don't see it happening.

londoner83

It's possible if the business moves away from regular promotion changes and into just everyday low prices.

Currently we have a PI system that requires every 3-4 weeks hundreds of labels to change only to then change back after a further 3-4 weeks when the offers resume.

If customers could be persuaded its better to buy (for example) 24pk pepsi at £8.50 all year round rather than at £7 when it's on promo and over £10 when it's not......the man hours saved on label changes would be huge.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: chris9997 on 30-01-24, 07:25PMMy money would be on maybe slimming down team managers hours as all they do now is admin which can be done be a ga.
There's talk in my store that admin will be absorbed into wages. I'm an extra.

Voulezvous

Whose to say there will be any changes or cutbacks this year? Just because its happened in previous years doesn't mean to say its going to happen this year

Seymee

Fair point to be honest. Usually by now we have a good idea of what is coming. Nothing as of yet which might suggest no big changes are planned.

Seymee

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 31-01-24, 04:24AM
Quote from: chris9997 on 30-01-24, 07:25PMMy money would be on maybe slimming down team managers hours as all they do now is admin which can be done be a ga.
There's talk in my store that admin will be absorbed into wages. I'm an extra.
How many hours are your admins on now? Ours used to be 8 - 5 but it's now 11 - 4 on idealbase. Ours has been told they can keep their hours but will have to work the first half of their shift on dotcom

Cocktail

I don't think there will be any changes this year, the company always adhere to a 45 days consultation period and we're getting very close to that now,February is upon us now and the rumours miĺl would have been in full swing by now, last year when the got rid of lead managers the rumours were in full swing from December 2022.

Manfrommars

Quote from: Poka on 24-01-24, 06:23PMDoes anyone know when any of the changes that are going to made will be announced 
Next Tuesday our store manager told us

ll

I'm anticipating some changes to either the wages or admin role.

BobbyDazler

What actually is the point of admin now managers do it all themselves? I can see the logic in still needing a wage clerk especially in the larger stores but the whole point of shift leaders was to give the managers more time to be their own admin. All the managers in my store recruited their own temps at Xmas. Admin did the Inductions and that was it. There's little use for a full time admin colleague. Multi skillers will probably be the way forward who are just used as and when

I'm in agreement with others. I don't think anything big is planned this year. By this point we usually have an idea of what's coming. If it was big like the bakers or nights going we would have heard the whispers by now.

Checkout Superstar

Which stores still even have Admins? Is it only the Extras? My mothers Superstore doesn't have any. Only a Wage clerk who also works on the CSD.

I'm thinking the Team Support shake up is accurate. If main bank tills are to close at 6pm that's one Team Support role gone unfortunately. The writing was on the wall soon as self serve replaced 8 of our tills.

TisTime

I was told today that PhoneShop Managers will be going this time around, and replaced with team support.

chris9997

I think a lot of this is speculation, admin role may go but likely stafff will be absorbed into ga role as per new contract, Wages  clerks also with any additional money from these roles paid as a lump sum or over a period of time that is if they are affected, i can not see either of these roles attracting redundancy.

BobbyDazler

I asked my store manager today and he said he's not even heard any rumours. So to be honest I don't think any roles are going. It will probably be a move around of hours. Given 90% of large stores aren't even following the "scheduler" it just makes more sense to go back to basics.

WAGs

Quote from: BobbyDazler on 01-02-24, 05:54PMI asked my store manager today and he said he's not even heard any rumours. So to be honest I don't think any roles are going. It will probably be a move around of hours. Given 90% of large stores aren't even following the "scheduler" it just makes more sense to go back to basics.
I don't believe this as I am a Wage Clerk at a Large Extea and my Manager's are being told they have to do their own exceptions, adding FROG and all absences.  I am like a minder, teacher, advisor! 

Seymee

Quote from: WAGs on 01-02-24, 09:09PM
Quote from: BobbyDazler on 01-02-24, 05:54PMI asked my store manager today and he said he's not even heard any rumours. So to be honest I don't think any roles are going. It will probably be a move around of hours. Given 90% of large stores aren't even following the "scheduler" it just makes more sense to go back to basics.
I don't believe this as I am a Wage Clerk at a Large Extea and my Manager's are being told they have to do their own exceptions, adding FROG and all absences.  I am like a minder, teacher, advisor! 
Maybe your store manager doesn't trust your ability and duty managers are always supposed to upload absences especially sick once the call comes in.

WAGs

Quote from: Seymee on 02-02-24, 10:05AM
Maybe your store manager doesn't trust your ability and duty managers are always supposed to upload absences especially sick once the call comes in.
Excuse me!  I'm a very trusted/knowledgeable Wage Clerk how dare you suggest otherwise!

It is to get the Manager's doing all their admin/FROG it's not just our Extra Store either! So watch out it could be on its way to you!

Neetworker

I'm starting to feel that there going to add back in, probably 4 day working week for night managers and night leads to be put back..... just got a feeling 🤷🏻�♂️

Checkout Superstar

By this point last year we already knew what was happening. The only stuff going on in the background at the moment is the return of options for management and shift leader training programmes, as well as changes to how green screen works to make stock control/shrink easier.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: WAGs on 02-02-24, 01:22PM
Excuse me!  I'm a very trusted/knowledgeable Wage Clerk how dare you suggest otherwise!

It is to get the Manager's doing all their admin/FROG it's not just our Extra Store either! So watch out it could be on its way to you!
Weren't you having a meltdown at Xmas when they removed your ability to add Bank details and made it exclusive to the store manager only? A change that lasted 48 hours because all large store managers ended up revolting on a conference call. The bank option is still there due to that revolt. Like said already that one incident probably saved wage clerks for another year.

If your store manager isn't using you correctly I would question why as the wage clerk job role hasn't been changed. Your store manager appears to have made a choice to sideline you.

Seymee

Quote from: WAGs on 02-02-24, 01:22PM

Print off your role pack and ask your manager why you aren't being allowed to do the role you are contracted for.

BobbyDazler

Quote from: Neetworker on 02-02-24, 06:36PMI'm starting to feel that there going to add back in, probably 4 day working week for night managers and night leads to be put back..... just got a feeling 🤷🏻�♂️
This is what I think too.

I think they are going to start readding to departments like stock control and extend the new shift leader programme to 6 months so that the large stores will always have 3 to 4 shift leaders on rotation every 6 months. This gives managers time to do their own admin.

Jacks

Quote from: BobbyDazler on 04-02-24, 07:51PM
Quote from: Neetworker on 02-02-24, 06:36PMI'm starting to feel that there going to add back in, probably 4 day working week for night managers and night leads to be put back..... just got a feeling 🤷🏻�♂️
This is what I think too.

I think they are going to start readding to departments like stock control and extend the new shift leader programme to 6 months so that the large stores will always have 3 to 4 shift leaders on rotation every 6 months. This gives managers time to do their own admin.
Wk1/2 stock Control in my store is going from 3 colleagues to 1 colleague. They are taking away from stock control. Talk of monthly MST style counts. All they will need is one colleague to maintain bookstocks until the next monthly MST.

Seymee

Hasn't that already started? They have been doing full counts across all stock for the past 4 weeks in my store. They have had multi skill new colleagues on stock control in order to make hitting the targets possible so good luck to any store manager who thinks it's a sustainable thing that can be done like this every day of every week because that's how it would need to be on the extras. I think one day two weeks ago there was 1800 counts on the system.

Jacks

Quote from: Seymee on 04-02-24, 09:42PMHasn't that already started? They have been doing full counts across all stock for the past 4 weeks in my store. They have had multi skill new colleagues on stock control in order to make hitting the targets possible so good luck to any store manager who thinks it's a sustainable thing that can be done like this every day of every week because that's how it would need to be on the extras. I think one day two weeks ago there was 1800 counts on the system.
The monthly MST style counts would be completed by the third party doing them now, only needing one stock controller to maintain. The counts we are doing now are normal when a change is coming to stock control, I have been doing this for many years. The end of Tesco's financial year is coming up, its normal for a business to do a stocktake for the end of year books.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk