Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:29PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 284
Total: 287

Team Splits current practice in stores as at 21 November 2020

Started by Poltergeist, 22-11-20, 11:45AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poltergeist

What is your store’s current practice with team splits?
Last night we had a team split is a very narrow confined space.  The gap between the cages being split and the aisle cages was approximately 1 metre which meant we were actually brushing against each other taking the goods from the cages to be split to the aisle cages. My understanding is that if we cannot maintain a two meter distance then face masks must be worn. At least 3 colleagues refused to wear face masks. When I approached the two managers they said we must spread out the cages. The warehouse is about to become log jammed and didn’t allow for space for spreading out. I got bollocked out for videoing what was happening so as to show management it was just not feasible. Was told if I was uncomfortable then to not attend. Surely this is total ignorance of the legal requirements wrt Social Distancing. If I’m not prepared to do it then remove myself and condone the breaking of the law? Earlier during the week under a different manager, we achieved the splits by using 3 colleagues at a time allocating “X” number of cages and then the next 3 colleagues came and took over. This worked well and allowed for the required Social Distancing.  Unfortunately my photo of last night won’t upload. Would be interested to hear of your experiences.

1man2jobs

our store carries on as normal ignoring all social distance recommendations, team splits, team fills etc 

NightAndDay

Quote from: Dragonfly on 22-11-20, 11:45AM
What is your store’s current practice with team splits?
Last night we had a team split is a very narrow confined space.  The gap between the cages being split and the aisle cages was approximately 1 metre which meant we were actually brushing against each other taking the goods from the cages to be split to the aisle cages. My understanding is that if we cannot maintain a two meter distance then face masks must be worn. At least 3 colleagues refused to wear face masks. When I approached the two managers they said we must spread out the cages. The warehouse is about to become log jammed and didn’t allow for space for spreading out. I got bollocked out for videoing what was happening so as to show management it was just not feasible. Was told if I was uncomfortable then to not attend. Surely this is total ignorance of the legal requirements wrt Social Distancing. If I’m not prepared to do it then remove myself and condone the breaking of the law? Earlier during the week under a different manager, we achieved the splits by using 3 colleagues at a time allocating “X” number of cages and then the next 3 colleagues came and took over. This worked well and allowed for the required Social Distancing.  Unfortunately my photo of last night won’t upload. Would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Bollocked for what and was shouting involved, by the sounds of it, not only was the manager not adhering to Covid guidelines and rules, but also showing no duty of care to the employees involved, especially from a H&S perspectivez if shouting was involved that would also be a breach of dignity at work, I suggest you have a prudent investigstion with the manager about your concerns and if they don't buck up their ideas, you'll be following the formal grievance process.

Poltergeist

So... I’ve received an Invite to a Investigation meeting...

Me2015

If it’s because your managers ‘have found you out’ by asking a question on here, let them crack on! Deny everything, suggest the non compliance of Covid regulations are company wide and ask, in your own words, what they are doing to protect your health concerns!

At thd end, make sure you have a fully written out grievance for them to investigate your concerns

lackofinterest

Quote from: Me2015 on 01-12-20, 08:13AM
If it’s because your managers ‘have found you out’ by asking a question on here, let them crack on! Deny everything, suggest the non compliance of Covid regulations are company wide and ask, in your own words, what they are doing to protect your health concerns!

At thd end, make sure you have a fully written out grievance for them to investigate your concerns
and make sure you take somebody in with you preferably a union rep. DO NOT attend the meeting on your own

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk