News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:00PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,119
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 323
Total: 326

Sickness Policy Question

Started by RayofSunshine, 04-07-19, 07:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiantempoleon

So I turned up today and it was just a let's talk...

lucgeo

8-) ??? you don't get a headed letter for contact and notice of disciplinary meeting, for a " let's talk"  ???

Sounds like the penny's dropped  ???  So what was this " let's talk about"  ???

You should seriously consider putting in a grievance, with regard having your holiday time disrupted, by being summoned to a disciplinary meeting and the worry it caused you! You attempted to resolve the situation by 'phoning in to explain, WHILST ON LEAVE, to be told by same manager that it would be discussed at the DISCIPLINARY meeting! I assume after your call, your manager realised the error was theirs, and backtracked to a let's talk, which is NOT a disciplinary meeting!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

radiantempoleon

I got to the meeting and it was just me and him in the office so I asked if this a disciplinary and he said "no it's only a disciplinary if you didn't make contact". Even though the letter clearly states it's a disciplinary meeting, I can arrange for a union rep blah blah. 

So the let's talk was us going through the holiday book and making sure my holidays matched what was is the book and adjusting it etc. I mean I am glad I don't have to worry anymore and kept my job but I don't think the correct procedures have been followed here at all.

He also said what I did was gross misconduct even though it was a mix up/lack of communication between us.

lucgeo

What a load of s**t!!!  >:(

You go right back to him tomorrow and ask for a copy of the let's talk meeting! Tell him it's on the advice of a union rep and ACAS! Watch him go green!!

If you were offered a union rep, you should have called his bluff and said yes, definitely got another trusted colleague in!

If it was gross misconduct you'd have been out that door and down the job centre today!!

The slimy git, has saved his own arse, whilst making out it was yours he was saving!!

Have you still got the letter that was sent to you?? If you have, just go to the SM or PP would be better, and ask, as innocently as you can, how long does my gross misconduct stay on my record for, as I was so upset I forgot to ask in the let's talk meeting with slimy Sid , and it doesn't state it on this letter I got! ( produce letter and hand it to them!) :'( :'(

lucgeo

Jeez...still fuming here  >:(

Just for the record...if it was deemed gross misconduct...there is a lengthy process to follow, and it is dealt with by managers well above slimy Sid's pay grade  >:(

horatiocain

A good manager???

In Tesco???

Really???

Don't they all work for other companies now!

Tattylashes

Hi, interested to hear anyone who took Tesco to tribunal.   I'm less than 2 weeks away,  just wondering if they have an MO, you know, will try a low ball offer on the steps, or any other tactics? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk