Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 09:43AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,355
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 277
Total: 279

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tisha

Quote from: Joker2005 on 30-05-23, 03:55PMI recieved my redundancy pay on friday but i have been taxed 16k which is about 10k to much going by the government gateway. When will we be getting our wageslips and P45's and has anyone recieved theres yet? Thanks

Tisha

I've received my redundancy last Friday which seems I've payed 40% tax which is fare enough.

But how ever I'm not able to have an answer from my store regarding my accrued holiday to which are 216 hours owing as I started before 1991 .

Would anyone be able to advise on this as and when or if this is going to be payed out as started.

I'm unable to contact group PM or store manager as I spoke to the manager last Friday regarding this issue and I've had no call or response back on such matter it's like nobody wants to know or help

Tisha

Sorry this is my first posting on here

NorthbyNorthwest

Tisha, wait for your wage slip to come through and check then. I think I'm short of it, but until the info lands on my doormat I will not know.
If they haven't paid you ( or me, or any of us 'ancients') then demand a meeting with your (ex ) SM for an explanation. It is, if as I suspect in my case, what I shall be doing.

Tisha

grim up north

Quote from: NorthbyNorthwest on 30-05-23, 10:54PMTisha, wait for your wage slip to come through and check then. I think I'm short of it, but until the info lands on my doormat I will not know.
If they haven't paid you ( or me, or any of us 'ancients') then demand a meeting with your (ex ) SM for an explanation. It is, if as I suspect in my case, what I shall be doing.
What are the avenues to go down if you are paid short and no longer work for T*? Yes, you could demand a meeting but they could just ignore your demand. Just wondering what process you can use if you have got issues after you've left, not trying to agitate things. I've had this discussion with people who leave where I work and they say they have all this holiday pay owed. I ask them what will they do if the pay is wrong, as you can't just walk into a DC to sort it

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: grim up north on 31-05-23, 09:54AM
Quote from: NorthbyNorthwest on 30-05-23, 10:54PMTisha, wait for your wage slip to come through and check then. I think I'm short of it, but until the info lands on my doormat I will not know.
What are the avenues to go down if you are paid short and no longer work for T*? Yes, you could demand a meeting but they could just ignore your demand. Just wondering what process you can use if you have got issues after you've left, not trying to agitate things. I've had this discussion with people who leave where I work and they say they have all this holiday pay owed. I ask them what will they do if the pay is wrong, as you can't just walk into a DC to sort it
I threatened Bass with the small claims court when I was owed holidays when the pub changed hands. Paid immediately.

Forgetmenot

Don't forget if you've overpaid in tax you don't have to wait til April next year to get it back. They went through mine over the phone yesterday and I'm getting it paid out in 4 weeks time

NorthbyNorthwest

Quote from: grim up north on 31-05-23, 09:54AM
If, as I suspect, my holiday pay has not been paid then I shall go in and have a word with my SM and the wages clerk. They won't really have a leg to stand on due to my known length of service. I believe that it may be a store 'error' as it requires paying at their end, not via the redundancy payment from HO. However, as I said, I'll wait until I see my payslip ( which I expected today ) until I get the ball rolling on underpayments etc.

Elly1519

You all know that wages clerks will have had nothing to do with setting you up as a leaver. Management changes are done by the Store Manager and Group Personnel Manager.

Tisha

I've spoken to Usdaw today as I thought I'd give them a chance.....
I was told that accrued holidays should have been paid out and we need to contact store manager or the group personnel.  As we all thought it should have been, but when it's being paid out is what we need to know.

NorthbyNorthwest

Has anyone received their wage slip in the post yet?

Moon2020

Yes today. My holiday pay is on there and is correct, but my tax seems a bit high. I paid £1,817 tax on the £7,200 taxable element of the redundancy pay.

terra

The problem probably comes from the fact that HRMC will assume that you will be earning that amount of money every month from now on, so you will have paid 40% tax on some of it, once you get paid again that will be corrected. HRMC don't use common sense and think redundancy, unlikely to be earning that amount next month, more that they try to make sure that they get their fair(?) share of tax

Biscuit tin

When I was made redundant 3 years ago I got screwed over on the tax and had over 4k extra took off me because they thought I earnt that much every month.
If you start another job, it'll even out and youll get it back, otherwise you'll have to wait till the end of the tax-year next April for them to automatically work out the overpayment. It then takes a few more months before you get the money.

Bobmay

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 02-06-23, 04:29PMWhen I was made redundant 3 years ago I got screwed over on the tax and had over 4k extra took off me because they thought I earnt that much every month.
If you start another job, it'll even out and youll get it back, otherwise you'll have to wait till the end of the tax-year next April for them to automatically work out the overpayment. It then takes a few more months before you get the money.
I thought you dont pay tax if you are made redundant?

Night Owl

Received my pay slip today. As l suspected, I haven't been paid my 216 hours accrued holiday. Emailed X SM today who has passed it over to the Group People Partner, or whatever the title is now.
Anybody else able to confirm whether or not they have been paid their accrued holiday pay?

Tisha

I also haven't received my accrued holidays of 216 hours.  I've emailed group PMG, but as yet not had a reply.

Happyshopper

Anyone else noticed on their payslip that the king's coronation bank holiday payment of double time and a quarter is missing ?? My payslip was only another £6 more than normal I'm a full time shift leader (Express) so should have got a lot that shift.  I've asked other colleagues from other stores they have said others have the same problem but nothing has been said by Tesco ?

Duff McKagan

Sounds about right, I got shafted on the jubilee last year, never saw a penny of it!

Totot

I got extra £60 ish working the same hours. Should ask your manager about that.

Ninja

Quote from: Tisha on 02-06-23, 07:21PMI also haven't received my accrued holidays of 216 hours.  I've emailed group PMG, but as yet not had a reply.
Same here , I've messaged my ex SM .
I'm not surprised that it's not correct ...

Teddybonkers

What do you mean by "accrued hours" ? Is it unpaid overtime or something?? I've never heard of it in my store.

Stirl1

Teddybonkers for those that started pre April 1991 you work the first year with no holiday pay which should have been repaid when we left the company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk