Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 12:41AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 385
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 357
Total: 359

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gomezz

As a dot com driver I have to say that the occasional shift working backroom turnaround or trolleys is harder on my legs especially my dodgy knees than delivering on the road as at least there I get a five minutes on / off break as I drive to the next customer.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Checkout Superstar

Front End Team Support will be changing from June. Our Front End manager had a meeting about it with our store manager last week. Don't know the full details but it does sound like they will be reduced to runner roles. So the days of team support organising break times, holidays, overtime, rotas, training etc are over.  The scheduler also means Team Support will have little to do.

It basically just sounds like Team Support are being made Off Till Activity.  For example, my store has 6 team support, I now expect that to be reduced to 3 maybe even 2. The role won't go completely, they now just don't need as many due to self serve and the scheduler.

Attilla

Quote from: gomezz on 25-03-23, 09:14PMAs a dot com driver I have to say that the occasional shift working backroom turnaround or trolleys is harder on my legs especially my dodgy knees than delivering on the road as at least there I get a five minutes on / off break as I drive to the next customer.
very true did it a few years ago, you're shifting tons in a day

Vitascope

Quote from: 5fdp on 24-03-23, 03:30PMJust added 2k to my package.

Have you had your 2nd consultation has any one had a new  redundancy figure confirmed?

5fdp

Redshoes

Quote from: First Lady on 26-03-23, 08:43AMFront End Team Support will be changing from June. Our Front End manager had a meeting about it with our store manager last week. Don't know the full details but it does sound like they will be reduced to runner roles. So the days of team support organising break times, holidays, overtime, rotas, training etc are over.  The scheduler also means Team Support will have little to do.

It basically just sounds like Team Support are being made Off Till Activity.  For example, my store has 6 team support, I now expect that to be reduced to 3 maybe even 2. The role won't go completely, they now just don't need as many due to self serve and the scheduler.

We have had this a while. Two have moved on to other roles. We have had a survey on headsets and we have five banks of these coming in so the off till role will be reduced even more. They will be filling or on a till, headsets mean someone on shop floor can fetch eggs for a customer etc. Off till colleagues are often on a till in my store anyway, they take break list with them and just tell the person coming back who is next.
Many years ago before Team Leaders came in we used to have a break list. One colleague had this list and just went down the list one till/person at a time covering breaks.
Off till still need to do change run and close downs but we only do change run three times a week now. Self service tills need money counting once a week. Only three cash/card self service and they don't need money lifted daily. Closing down is easy, we just can't have a long list of colleagues putting pods in safe in cash office at night so that may go to shift lead in time.
Opening routines are so much easier. T.Till don't have to have a till check, they do that every time a colleague uses them, automatically. Reset at end of day can be learned by anyone. PFS and CSD already do it in my store and I have seen the same in other stores. Till drawers need to be locked as part of this process and access to till drawer key should be restricted but it can be unlocked ready to put down bar in advance.
Many years ago we had scales and float cards and had to weigh/count the tills at the end of day, put figures on float card and get off an end of day read. That was why we had red pods, we still had red pods but there is no difference to what goes in these pods now.

flowerpower

Nightowl25

Quote from: Vitascope on 26-03-23, 10:21AM

Have you had your 2nd consultation has any one had a new  redundancy figure confirmed?

"Ask for a new quote after the 7th of April as the new changes to statutory redundancy kick in on the 6th"

Nomad

On ACAS they have given max figure as £19,920.00 not £19,290.00 which I believe to be correct.  I have emailed them.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Quote from: Nightowl25 on 26-03-23, 02:22PM
Quote from: Vitascope on 26-03-23, 10:21AM

"Ask for a new quote after the 7th of April as the new changes to statutory redundancy kick in on the 6th"

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco don't use a get out clause of sum offered at the start of consultation was dated prior to the increase, therefore the lesser sum stands as the status quo  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

5fdp

All figures for redundancy are based on the end of April figure. That's why you don't get an exact figure now. Things change on a monthly basis. Legally the company will follow all new legislation.  Yhats why you get your money a month later.

Prince of Darkness

Quote from: Redshoes on 26-03-23, 11:29AMThat was why we had red pods, we still had red pods but there is no difference to what goes in these pods now.

We have a TS who probably has been in the role since the store opened 30 years ago. When she closes down a till in the evening she always uses a red pod  ;)

Redshoes

We still use red pods for end of day but it's just for a quick visible check that the till has been closed down. The lift is just a lift but the reset after is different, even so it's simple and very easy to do.

BobbyDazler

Anyone's heatmaps/ideal base come down yet? ours is a joke.

Clothing is only supposed to have 2 people on the floor all day!

bread 1 person between 6am and 1pm, then 1 person 1pm til 8pm

Produce - two people between 9am and 5pm !!! then 1 person from 5pm til 10pm

Dairy 3 people from 10am til 4pm !! then 2 people from 5pm til 10pm

admin 1 person between 11am and 5pm

health and beauty - 1 person from 11am til 5pm

and the biggest joke - dry grocery 2 people from 10am til 5pm! then 1 person til 10pm

So good luck getting the scheduler to work with this s***.

kaled78

if you only need that few people on each department,exactly where are the surplus staff supposed to go?

BobbyDazler

^^^^

Our store is close to 500 hours over but unless they do redundancies there is no where for these people to go.

Which just has the managers scratching their heads... how will the scheduler actually work in a store that is over hours.... everyone is gonna end up being sent to dot com each day

BobbyDazler

See in the past the SM didn't care about departments being over by too much as it was 'just the way it was' but this scheduler changes all that. Its there to identify correct hours/right place and where there are too many people at the same time. If a department is over now there is no way around it you will be moved.

The only outcome here is dot com being flooded. Pleased I did not put early morning availability.

londoner83

From a business point of view why pay OT in your example for .Com pickers in the morning when you have the resource already in store? Doris from grocery and Dave from produce will now spend their shifts picking customer orders at no cost to Tesco.

kaled78

any sensible manager would permanetly move their staffs hours to fit within the ideal base,so they don't get sent to other departments

sammy

Our store on the last heat map was 2500 over manned.  And the ufc that attached was almost 2000 so it's going to be a total mess when scheduler start at time there can be 9 people in on dairy all at the the same time. Nobody think it will work plus the store have to pick up all the reductions from the ufc and you can 2 people can spend  6 hours each doing dairy reduction. Produce is 6 hour job for 1 person and plant bread 3 hours per day.

Sherwoodforest

@sammy do you actually sell anything full price in your store?
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

madness

Quote from: Donahou on 27-03-23, 05:13PMAnyone's heatmaps/ideal base come down yet? ours is a joke.

Clothing is only supposed to have 2 people on the floor all day!

bread 1 person between 6am and 1pm, then 1 person 1pm til 8pm

Produce - two people between 9am and 5pm !!! then 1 person from 5pm til 10pm

Dairy 3 people from 10am til 4pm !! then 2 people from 5pm til 10pm

admin 1 person between 11am and 5pm

health and beauty - 1 person from 11am til 5pm

and the biggest joke - dry grocery 2 people from 10am til 5pm! then 1 person til 10pm

So good luck getting the scheduler to work with this s***.

Also a reply to sammys post above.

These are pointless comparisons to make as every store is different.
Some stores busier some quieter.

To me 2 people on clothing all day long what the hell are they doing there is bugger all to do on clothing.  Our store is 5 hours per day thats it.

You would need to post up what your current staffing numbers are and the new "correct" level

SpudChucker1970

Quote from: Prince of Darkness on 24-03-23, 07:09AM
Quote from: Mikoo on 23-03-23, 08:24PM
Quote from: Tinytemper on 22-03-23, 05:59PMRumours here are it's checkout team support and stock control

That said Team Support at Checkouts are set for a restructure. Our store manager let it slip. Basically after 5pm it will only be self service open in all stores. So there will be no role for Team Support beyond 5pm. That will obviously mean some numbers being cut plus the fact the scheduler from week 11 more or less makes Team Support redundant. All they need are a few runners to get barcodes etc.

Checkouts TS = barcodes & breaks. I should know ...

And even then, why even for barcodes when we they can use Inform  ???

SpudChucker1970

Quote from: Mikoo on 23-03-23, 08:24PM
Quote from: Tinytemper on 22-03-23, 05:59PMRumours here are it's checkout team support and stock control

I don't know how much more they can cut stock control beyond what they already have plus the new manager set up is based on hours so I doubt any department are losing loads anytime soon given that the new system doesn't even start until week 10. They might cut stock routines in smaller stores but they won't in Superstores or Extras  and PR Scanning is a legal requirement by law. I suppose they could merge it into each fresh department but that wouldn't mean job or hour loses so what would be the point?

That said Team Support at Checkouts are set for a restructure. Our store manager let it slip. Basically after 5pm it will only be self service open in all stores. So there will be no role for Team Support beyond 5pm. That will obviously mean some numbers being cut plus the fact the scheduler from week 11 more or less makes Team Support redundant. All they need are a few runners to get barcodes etc.

Stock control is going. They are already trialling large stores doing potential reduction scan in the mornings, just like in convenience. Departments to have accountability of their own areas. Same thing to happen with stock exceptions. Think of the money that will save, getting rid of all the left over stockies who moan and groan about being asked to do anything else  >:D  also, it will save hours. Part of the trials are just one review a day until finals. So it balances out.

5fdp

Folks. Meeting 6 is online now. Its the last of the meetings.  There's not much in it apart from the confirmation that the new rate for statutory redundancy which is going up by £70 per week. And this will form part of your package.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk