News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 02:12AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 311
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 276
Total: 276

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King1999

I would say alot of back handers to keep us lowly workers in the dark.Always find it odd how friendly they are knowing what they've given away and let happen to staff.....can't be trusted.

1982dave

Quote from: rupert7 on 12-03-24, 09:50AMDate: 06 March 2024
Retail trade union Usdaw has balloted members working for Co-operative Group on a 10.1% pay rise and they have overwhelmingly accepted, with 87% voting in favour. The increase takes the basic hourly rate to £12 and will be paid from 1 April 2024.,so my question is yet again what strong hold do tesco have over  usdaw. >:D
this is why I left usdaw the lies lies and more lies like I've said previously lady in usdaw offices told me all union members were balloted about losing yearly bonus to get a better wage increase note the word all I didn't hear anything neither did the near 60 union members in my store who left and oddly neither did the stores union reps and there supposed to be trustees our workers union ... how anyone still pays into the farce is beyond me

1982dave

Quote from: King1999 on 12-03-24, 10:04AMI would say alot of back handers to keep us lowly workers in the dark.Always find it odd how friendly they are knowing what they've given away and let happen to staff.....can't be trusted.
100000% Tony tell me someone in usdaw isn't on the take the person who seems to accept everything Tesco throws at them the person who accepted on our behalf we should get paid below minimum wage  for 1 month saving Tesco 17 million should be removed from his post immediately don't tell me that would have passed any sort of staff ballot

rupert7

fatlad

Aldi have just announced the 2nd pay increase of 2024. From June 1st the starting hourly rate is going up from £12 to £12.40.
Wonder if others will follow?

barafear

Quote from: fatlad on 12-03-24, 11:50AMAldi have just announced the 2nd pay increase of 2024. From June 1st the starting hourly rate is going up from £12 to £12.40.
Fairly sure that Tesco won't!!!

1982dave

Quote from: barafear on 12-03-24, 01:04PM
Quote from: fatlad on 12-03-24, 11:50AMAldi have just announced the 2nd pay increase of 2024. From June 1st the starting hourly rate is going up from £12 to £12.40.
Fairly sure that Tesco won't!!!
I don't think we will hit 12.40 for a while yet

rupert7

i,ve just had a call back from usdaw about my question about Sunday premiums, which currently exist as an additional payment for working on Sundays, are set to reduce by 50%,all they would say they would do is pass on my concerns, in other words they just passing the buck, so nothing new there, i,m done with tesco as of this morning i,ve just done my on line job app for Aldi,

1982dave

Quote from: rupert7 on 12-03-24, 01:28PMi,ve just had a call back from usdaw about my question about Sunday premiums, which currently exist as an additional payment for working on Sundays, are set to reduce by 50%,all they would say they would do is pass on my concerns, in other words they just passing the buck, so nothing new there, i,m done with tesco as of this morning i,ve just done my on line job app for Aldi,
best thing to do opt out save you're self a few pound a month

inthemix

Quote from: 1982dave on 12-03-24, 11:23AM
Quote from: King1999 on 12-03-24, 10:04AMI would say alot of back handers to keep us lowly workers in the dark.Always find it odd how friendly they are knowing what they've given away and let happen to staff.....can't be trusted.
100000% Tony tell me someone in usdaw isn't on the take the person who seems to accept everything Tesco throws at them the person who accepted on our behalf we should get paid below minimum wage  for 1 month saving Tesco 17 million should be removed from his post immediately don't tell me that would have passed any sort of staff ballot
Someone's definitely on the take. They've taken away your punctuation.

1982dave

Quote from: inthemix on 12-03-24, 01:47PM
oh Christ get over yourself mind does it matter  you sound a right bundle of joy

inthemix

Quote from: rupert7 on 11-03-24, 06:51PMAs a Tesco worker, it can indeed be challenging when the company recognizes only one union. However, there are steps you and your fellow workers can take to address this situation:

Organize and Educate:
Build Solidarity: Connect with your colleagues and raise awareness about the importance of collective action. The more workers who understand the benefits of union representation, the stronger your position becomes.
Educate Others: Share information about other unions and their advantages. Highlight how multiple unions can provide diverse perspectives and better represent workers' interests.
Explore Legal Avenues:
Challenge the Monopoly: While Tesco currently recognizes Usdaw, you can explore legal avenues to challenge this monopoly. Seek legal advice or consult with other unions to understand your options.
Supreme Court Decision: Take inspiration from the recent Supreme Court decision that granted Usdaw the right to challenge Tesco's "fire and rehire" policy1. Legal challenges can lead to changes in company policies.
Advocate for Change:
Petition Tesco: Organize a petition among workers requesting Tesco to recognize additional unions. Highlight the benefits of diverse representation and the importance of choice.
Engage with Management: Arrange meetings with Tesco management to discuss the issue. Present a compelling case for recognizing other unions alongside Usdaw.
Leverage Public Opinion:
Media and Public Awareness: Raise awareness through social media, local news, and public forums. Share stories about the benefits of multiple unions and how it can improve working conditions.
Customer Support: Engage Tesco customers and encourage them to support workers' rights to choose their preferred union. Public pressure can influence company decisions.
Seek Support from Other Unions:
Collaborate with Other Unions: Reach out to other unions, both within and outside the retail sector. Their experience and solidarity can strengthen your cause.
Joint Campaigns: Consider joint campaigns or coordinated efforts to advocate for workers' rights and union diversity.
Remember that change takes time, persistence, and collective effort. By standing together and advocating for fair representation, you can work towards a more inclusive and supportive environment at Tesco.
Where is this copied from?

inthemix

Quote from: 1982dave on 12-03-24, 01:48PM
Quote from: inthemix on 12-03-24, 01:47PM
oh Christ get over yourself mind does it matter  you sound a right bundle of joy
100000%? You're not on X-factor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk