News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:53AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Over 70s Isolation

Started by extrastore, 15-03-20, 05:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extrastore

If the Government insists that over 70s stay at home will Tesco be paying our elder colleagues sick pay? I know that many of them depend on that little bit extra they earn at Tesco

Long gone

Tesco won’t be paying anyone any sick pay. This is the sort  of company that expects you to work in all conditions irrespective of how many people with Coronavirus enter the store. If you self isolate you will come back to disciplinaries because Tesco don’t follow  government advice and are seemingly a law unto themselves

Daredevil

Nattienat

If you self isolate for 7 days it will not go against you ..

sunshineman

my wife also works at Tesco and has C O P D, she is 64. I would like to find out if she stayed off for four months if it hit our area which is has done, will she get paid. her doctor said she will be at risk when it develops more in our area because she works in a supermarket. I am concerned but the government are not making it clear where people stand. they are saying over 70 and also vulnerable people. do any managers on here know where people stand on this

Bonny Heather

Long Gone you’re talking rubbish. What you’re saying is not true !
I think it’s time you were just that ..... Long Gone

Long gone

It’s not rubbish at all, I worked for the company 15 years and I’ve seen more and know more about it than you ever will. They used to get people in the office for being in hospital due to accidents or requiring some sort of emergency surgery as if it was their own fault and they could/ shouldn’t have had it done because the toilet roll needed filling and no one was there to cover the late shift. Now with people losing their jobs, they get you in the office for ANYTHING as it’s an easier way to make people lose their jobs instead of just getting rid of people without going through the process. I've been in the staff canteen and overheard management discussing how they can get rid of staff and who they “need” to get on warnings to reduce the workforce. It’s a joke and this Coronavirus is just going to play in to their hands even more. “ oh so you were self isolating? Did you get that confirmed by a doctor? Did you have any other symptoms? You’ve been off 7 days so I hope you are going to work those hours back if not then I’m afraid you’re on a warning”

genome

I'm gonna second Bonny Heather here Long Gone. sod off.

Long gone

I have no doubts you’re a failed Tesco manager that sucks up to current management and believes everything you’re told. Foolish

Adywebb

Quote from: Long gone on 15-03-20, 06:08PM
Tesco won’t be paying anyone any sick pay. This is the sort  of company that expects you to work in all conditions irrespective of how many people with Coronavirus enter the store. If you self isolate you will come back to disciplinaries because Tesco don’t follow  government advice and are seemingly a law unto themselves
Tesco are paying full company pay from Day1 to those who follow government advice and self isolate for 7 days. They do not have to provide proof and it will not count towards your sickness absence.

mike360

All Covid 19 related absence, including self isolation is to be coded as paid absence rather than sickness.

This means colleagues get paid from Day 1 rather than Day 4

By doing this, it also won’t go on the colleague’s absence %

madness

Im sure everyone on this site will find a reason to complain about getting paid for turning up and those with corona getting paid too.

Long gone

The thing is the majority won’t have it but will lie about having it just to get easy money. Plenty of shirkers and liars in Tossco

Adywebb

But but but...you said earlier Tesco won’t be paying any sick pay and that it wasn’t rubbish what you said at all because you worked for tesco in the past and knew everything  ;D

thecleaningwoman

I think you will find Long Gone there is a new rule brought in due to this virus The goverment has set out rules so must be followed ,This has come from a union rep and over 25 years working for Tesco and yes you have seen lots of things change over the years  some for the better but your still a newbee to me  lol

lordadmiral

I am wonder if our 70 plus workers come to work. If not we are f***ed as there is no one to work then.

lucgeo

If the 82 year old that works in my old store stays at home climbing the walls, the rest of the dept will be like headless chickens...the old timer runs rings around them, has more energy and staying power than any of them  :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

josephinebutler

Are there any updates on this? Given the advice by the govt earlier today, it looks like it would be pretty much a given that staff who are over 70 really shouldn’t be in store working. However, knowing Tesco they won’t take a blind bit of notice. I luckily don’t have the misfortune of working for them anymore, but my 78 year old, not in the best of health mum does.

Welshie

The latest info is for the over 70's and vulnerable should "social shield" for 12 weeks , if you work out what that means could you let me know ?? I think Boris Johnson's team are scared to say stay at home  or to put country into lock down .people just want clear and concise advice

river_thames

Quote from: Adywebb on 15-03-20, 10:39PM
Quote from: Long gone on 15-03-20, 06:08PM
Tesco are paying full company pay from Day1 to those who follow government advice and self isolate for 7 days. They do not have to provide proof and it will not count towards your sickness absence.
I'm trying to find a reference for this on Our Tesco but I can't, anyone care to share a link?

Metal Mario

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Welshie

Quote from: extrastore on 15-03-20, 05:41PM
If the Government insists that over 70s stay at home will Tesco be paying our elder colleagues sick pay? I know that many of them depend on that little bit extra they earn at Tesco

Genuine question , if over 70 are you entitled to ssp as you are receiving a state pension.  Once pensionable age you are no longer able to apply for other health related benefits, pips etc. Just curious

hornimans135

I have Asthma,Diabetes and COPD the Government say I should self isolate for 12 weeks to protect/shield my self.
Tesco it seems, unless anyone knows better,  says I cant do that, anyone know what I can do.
I am very upset. I need help .

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk