News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 287
Total: 291

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenko

You can set it up so that they will pay direct into your bank account. They now trade more often, pretty sure that you will get your money within the week, certainly well before your June deadline date.
Thats with equinity (sp),

The Mrs

Agrees with Tenko. Whenever I've sold shares the dosh has come through in five days. I'd allow up to 10 just to be sure as you are selling at a busy time.

roswell

Thanks very much, mexico here i come!! ;)

nuk09

Tesco benefits suck, they're just pitifully attempting to keep you working for them even though they are s***.

redstar

Quote from: nuk09 on 13-10-09, 03:22PM
Tesco benefits suck, they're just pitifully attempting to keep you working for them even though they are s***.

it`s a two-way thing?

the benefits are better than the wages - try finding better pay and benefits in the sector...?

Jaycloth

Or go outside the sector! It is my belief that retail, or supermarket retail, is going to get tougher for staff of all strata. If I were starting a career today it wouldn't be in the retail sector. Pay and conditions have been eroded in the last 5 or 6 years and the benefits have strings attached. I don't see things getting any easier in the near future, as supermarkets strive to cut expenses. (Staff are considered an expense now, as opposed to the past when they were an asset to the business.)

The Mrs

I don't know how often you all look at the benefits site but there's an offer of 25% off Identity Direct for Tesco staff, valid until 31 December.

If you don't know the company they supply personalised gifts, especially good for children. I can personally recommend the My Adventure Books for children just learning to read. By having the story based around the child, including their friends names, birthday, etc, it encourages a love of BOOK reading.  :d:

Yeah, I know, I'm old school.  ;D

They do lots of other personalised stuff too. Ideas for Christmas.  :D

Jaycloth

Thanks, TM, I'll get a personalised book for my manager.  >:D (-*-) I think he can read. ;)

The Mrs

The Benefits website has been updated, it's an all new look.

Still at www.peopleattesco.com

Nomad

There's no link to VLH on the links page  :(     ;D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

The Mrs

We should protest!  ;D

glscotslad

Quote from: The Mrs on 08-02-10, 09:17PM
The Benefits website has been updated, it's an all new look.

Still at www.peopleattesco.com

Hey, i've just looked, at last someone has spent a bit of money and made the site look up to date. It looks great, everything now seems to be in order and easy to find.

I wonder if they are going to be adding more stuff on to it, or better offers. Has anyone got a quote for Home Insurance? Know if it's any good?

Cheers

ableseaman

look around on the net and you WILL get cheaper rates elsewhere for hotels/flights/day trips/whatever, I have always checked with the tesco website before booking holidays over the past 5 years and the tesco offers suck. I believe they must be getting backhanders somehow. Noticed some people mentioned  other benefits, believe you me, the only benefit worth having with tesco is the pension scheme, they could stuff all the other benefits and you wouldnt really notice,

The Mrs

It's not just about price though. It's also about the service you get when things go wrong, especially with insurance. I've only had one Tesco insurance and can only speak from my own personal experience and it wasn't good.

I recently tried again with a holiday. The lady I spoke to admitted that they cannot better online holiday prices. It works out exactly the same in most cases, it just depends whether you want them to handle the booking or if you're confident to handle the booking online yourself. The only benefit in the Tesco holidays is the booking service.

MAGNERS

Tesco as an estate agent are also coming back soon.   I had my house for sale with them last time but took it off the market in the end.  They had a great staff deal £49 if I remember rightly and that was all you paid.  You take your own photos and upload them onto the website along with all the relevant info.  I did in fact take better photos than the estate agent that we had had previously, which wasn't too difficult.  They supply a board as well.  If we had sold we would have saved thousands on the high street estate agents price.  If we decide to re market the property I would definitely go back with them.  Why pay estate agent fees - and for what?  Half the time the agent never showed up with the viewers or the viewers were totally inappropriate.  Think I should be on commission  ;)

Boo

MAGNERS

Could do with a bit of counselling but if occupational health are as good as the last time I had dealings with them - think I'll give it a miss.

tescotimmy

There was a poster in our store advertising a cruise departing on December 10th for 2 weeks, wonderful except no-one is allowed holidays in december, when this was pointed out the poster dissappeared like magic.

adspackman

You should have requested those two weeks and see if they were refused. If they were then it would have been interesting to just point out the advert for the cruise and see what happened. :)

trottd02

Hi I'm new here and need some info quick.

I've left very late to do this, but I can't find my Shares in success forms, and this means I can't sign up because I don't have my share holder account number.

Is there some sort of phone number I can phone up to get it? Thanks.

Storck

See your PM they should have the contact details

trottd02

adspackman

trottd02

I found my SAYE details and it would appear the account number is the same, so it's all sorted now.

shelffiller2000

Anyone here got a new mobile phone on the new staff tariffs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk