News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 07:58PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 251
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 208
Total: 210

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnonymousWorker

Even after showing managers the updated brief they still said I was wrong and this wouldnt be the case and that its unpaid.

Does anyone have an email to Head Office, or Natasha Adams as I want to email them for a clear message.

DorisDaykin

My union rep has just messaged and said they won't pay me to be off self isolating. It's now 3 days since my kids showed symptoms and we thought we had to follow government guidelines and self isolate for 14 days. I'm now starting with a cough and high temp. He said can you get someone to look after your kids so you can come back??!!! I said well seeing as I'm taking unpaid domestic absence and I'm not even getting SSP I might as well phone in with flu and get company sick pay !!!!!

How can this be right ??!!

Pathfinder

Your union rep would of had the new updated policy any member of staff self isolating  will be paid from day one . Contact your local union office and ask same question.

Pathfinder

Where staff members are required to self isolate following medical or government advice in relation to coronavirus, this should be coded as paid absence, from day one of the absence, and should not be included in the absence percentage. Please note that the company would be entitled to take disciplinary action if any member of staff is found to be abusing this.

stu755

Me and my wife both took ill over the weekend before the change from 7 to 14 days isolation rule on the Monday.nobody else lives with us so if we are both better do we go back  to work after 7 or 14 days?

T2019sackallmanagers

14 days

Preacherpauly

So if the advice is to stand 4-6 feet away from people how does one do that when  a supermarket is rammed? Supermarkets are going to be the only place for people to hang out when the lock down is in full force.

We are getting the short end of the stick and the management don't care.

Imagine when all the schools closes, all the parent will be dragging there kids shopping so so many more people in the supermarket.

BarryZola

Yep, Tesco will be the only 'Leisure' facility available  for everybody soon. May as well re-name it CrecheCo now the kids are off school as we'll be spending our time trying to control all of the local kids.

Edit - I seriously think they need to enforce a 1 person only shopping system now. No groups allowed to shop any more. We are supposed to be social distancing and not making un-necessary visits so why do numerous people from one household need to go shopping for the same things when one person can do so? Unless you are elderly or need a carer then it's irresponsible for more people than necessary to be coming into store. More people just increases the risk of staff and the public contracting the virus. How about the staff who are forced to be there get a little bit of protection?

wishicouldgo

Can someone clarify the new policy for me as have read it a couple times and still confused  (not hard to confuse me)
As i am self isolating due to wife developing serious dry cough and following gov advice and now tesco advice will I get paid fully or just ssp and do I do the full 14 days.
Tnx

fatboy

Self isolate for the full 14 days as advised. You WILL be paid full pay for these 14 days & not just SSP.  The absence will be coded by wages as paid leave & not sickness so it will not count towards your absence percentage.

wishicouldgo

hornimans135

I have underlying health issues and have been told to self isolate.
Will I be paid, and if so what?
I have some holidays left will I lose these?
i am curently off sick after an operation.
What should  I do about all the above,
Please help im worried.

lucgeo

Ok...are you still covered by after op sickness leave? This would probably be coded under SSP ( please someone correct me if I'm wrong!)
If you are due to return to work, and been told to self isolate, then you need to inform your manager that your sick note cover is expired, and you are reverting to self isolating, to be coded and paid as such.
Your holidays should be carried over to next year...make a note of them, keep your holiday request form as proof.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Stitch

They did send and email out today detailing pay. I've posted relevant parts. Hope it helps.

"Vulnerable colleagues:

We are putting in place measures to support colleagues who are over 70, vulnerable or pregnant, for whom we know from NHS guidance, Coronavirus could be a greater risk.

In line with government guidelines, these colleagues will not be required to attend work for the next 12 weeks. This absence from work will be fully paid, with two of the 12 weeks coded as holiday.

School closures and caring for dependants:

With school closures now confirmed, we have made sure that there are a range of policies in place to support parents with any time off needed. We will support colleagues with paid options, such as holidays and amended working patterns â€" these can be combined with other types of unpaid leave, including a new school closure leave policy.

If you need to care for a dependant, holidays, amended working patterns, emergency leave and lifestyle breaks, are all options available to you.

Self-isolation and sickness absence relating to the Coronavirus:

If you are in self-isolation at home for 7 days because you have symptoms of the virus, or you are self-isolating with your household for 14 days, you will be paid in full for this period of time.

If you become ill with the Coronavirus, you will also be paid from the first day of absence, regardless of your sick entitlement or waiting days.

If you are self-isolating with your household or because you are vulnerable, and you can carry out your role from home, unless unwell, you should continue to work."

Queenpeggy

Staff in my pharmacy are dropping like flies. If one coughs or sneezes we all worry. There's no chance of us standing 1 metre from each other or from the customers. Very soon a lot of pharmacies will be grossly understaffed.

just curious

Quote from: BarryZola on 18-03-20, 06:13PM
Yep, Tesco will be the only 'Leisure' facility available  for everybody soon. May as well re-name it CrecheCo now the kids are off school as we'll be spending our time trying to control all of the local kids.

Edit - I seriously think they need to enforce a 1 person only shopping system now. No groups allowed to shop any more. We are supposed to be social distancing and not making un-necessary visits so why do numerous people from one household need to go shopping for the same things when one person can do so? Unless you are elderly or need a carer then it's irresponsible for more people than necessary to be coming into store. More people just increases the risk of staff and the public contracting the virus. How about the staff who are forced to be there get a little bit of protection?

The one person per family / group is a sound idea , it would stop the Husband / Wife / Partner or kids getting one lot of shopping whilst the other person also shops and the people then go to two or three separate cashiers - then the household would have to adhere to the buying limits instead of doubling up on items that are restricted ?.

lucgeo

Quote from: Queenpeggy on 19-03-20, 07:55PM
Staff in my pharmacy are dropping like flies. If one coughs or sneezes we all worry. There's no chance of us standing 1 metre from each other or from the customers. Very soon a lot of pharmacies will be grossly understaffed.

Are pharmacy assistants classed as key workers, do you know??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Chambers21

Quote from: Stitch on 19-03-20, 07:44PM
They did send and email out today detailing pay. I've posted relevant parts. Hope it helps.

"Vulnerable colleagues:

We are putting in place measures to support colleagues who are over 70, vulnerable or pregnant, for whom we know from NHS guidance, Coronavirus could be a greater risk.

In line with government guidelines, these colleagues will not be required to attend work for the next 12 weeks. This absence from work will be fully paid, with two of the 12 weeks coded as holiday.

School closures and caring for dependants:

With school closures now confirmed, we have made sure that there are a range of policies in place to support parents with any time off needed. We will support colleagues with paid options, such as holidays and amended working patterns â€" these can be combined with other types of unpaid leave, including a new school closure leave policy.

If you need to care for a dependant, holidays, amended working patterns, emergency leave and lifestyle breaks, are all options available to you.

Self-isolation and sickness absence relating to the Coronavirus:

If you are in self-isolation at home for 7 days because you have symptoms of the virus, or you are self-isolating with your household for 14 days, you will be paid in full for this period of time.

If you become ill with the Coronavirus, you will also be paid from the first day of absence, regardless of your sick entitlement or waiting days.

If you are self-isolating with your household or because you are vulnerable, and youu can carry out your role from home, unless unwell, you should continue to work."

So how do we know whether we should isolate for 7 or 14 days?

Queenpeggy

Quote from: lucgeo on 19-03-20, 08:03PM

Quote from: lucgeo on 19-03-20, 08:03PM

I know Pharmacists are, so I'm assuming all dispensers and assistants fall into the same category.

Mathias casablancas

I think:
If you live at home alone and are showing symptoms (dry cough , fever) you should self isolate for 7 days and return to work if you feel better. I think this is because the majority of the cases the virus should be gone by then and you cant pass it on at work.

If you live in a household and someone at home is showing the symptoms you should self isolate for 14 days.
This is because you will most likely catch it off them and you it might take a few days for you to catch it or you have already caught it and are not showing symptoms yet . So if you returned to work in this instance after 7 days you might feel fine but secretly have the virus and be able to pass it on at work

It takes on average 5 days from catching it to start showing symptoms

Chambers21

OK, that makes sense. Although I seriously doubt Tesco will accept it if I call up saying "I'm taking 14 days off because my partner is showing symptoms".
[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Welshie

I really think they will , do you think your manager wants to risk taking it home to his family .

Adywebb

Quote from: Chambers21 on 20-03-20, 10:17AM
OK, that makes sense. Although I seriously doubt Tesco will accept it if I call up saying "I'm taking 14 days off because my partner is showing symptoms".
Thats exactly what you should be doing and what Tesco wants you to do.

kayaker

7 days if you like alone.
14 days if you live with anyone. Plus 7 days from when the last person in the house first showed symptoms.

You do NOT return to work just cause the time has expired! This is all on the government corrona virus website.

TheAnonymousWorker

Does this have to be put through sickline or simply notifying your manager by text or phonecall enough?

My manager insists all coronavirus absence is called in on sickline.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk