Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:29PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,124
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

latest payslip not showing overtime?

Started by person7, 11-11-21, 12:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshineman

Think i will be making a complaint to my store manager. Line manager said to contact wages to talk about the problems with my pay. Rang the number and after going through all the options, it then said something about any problems with wages go to colleague on our Tesco. Did not really catch it. If anyone has the link that the message said then please do send to me.

[gmod]Removed your last line, there are many posts giving opinions on MM. The answer to your question is, you are not alone.[/gmod]

Redshoes

I'm not saying that this is the case for you but most exceptions are down to people not clocking.
We have forms for people who have lost or forgotten their clocking in card. We have forms for shift swaps. We have holiday forms and even cancel and rebook holiday forms.
All above points are key to ensuring you are paid correctly. On work and pay your manager does have to put all the overtime shifts into the system, against a name but this is a huge bit of work. If it is not done but you clock for your overtime shift it has a paper trail via exceptions.
If you have your holidays booked. You ring in when you are sick, and you clock in and out for contracted shifts and overtime the pay can not go that far wrong.

If wages are wrong due to not clocking it is passing a very simple task on to another person to do on your behalf and increasing the workload of the wages clerk and your manager. If you blame your manager for wage errors and don't trust them, it's simple, just clock in and out. If you don't clock for an overtime shift your manager has to spot this and ask the wages clerk to do a manual clocking. If you are relying on this your pay will be wrong.

oldfashionedplayer

Trust me, your pay can be far wrong, mines been wrong 4 times in the past year, always clocked in and out, given them my holidays and reminded them by message / saying to them. I'm on holiday, and rung in sick and when back, same for overtime, any overtime I've put on a lets talk before the cut off period and still had same manager screw it up, we currently have 6 people waiting on being paid between 2 to 7 months of fighting for it and colleague help etc is just "you gotta deal with it through your manager now"

So I call bull on "if you do everything right you'll be fine", that's just manager speak for "I'm not taking the blame for forgetting to do something or not being bothered to do something"

BUY TESLA STOCK

It's always wrong 9.55 an hour  ;D

NightAndDay

Lol, even my flatmate who's an SM didn't get paid correctly (underpaid by a few hundred quid).

Honestly, the sooner this company goes belly up, the better. All the Michael Mouse SMs who try to somehow put the blame on the effected needs their heads on the chopping block.

Redshoes

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 16-11-21, 11:24AM
Trust me, your pay can be far wrong, mines been wrong 4 times in the past year, always clocked in and out, given them my holidays and reminded them by message / saying to them. I'm on holiday, and rung in sick and when back, same for overtime, any overtime I've put on a lets talk before the cut off period and still had same manager screw it up, we currently have 6 people waiting on being paid between 2 to 7 months of fighting for it and colleague help etc is just "you gotta deal with it through your manager now"

So I call bull on "if you do everything right you'll be fine", that's just manager speak for "I'm not taking the blame for forgetting to do something or not being bothered to do something"

Unless you are a small store format managers don't process wages. I don't know much about that side of things in small stores. In large stores managers only do exceptions and hand in holiday forms to wages. Wages clerks process wages.
I fail to see the point in let's talks reminding manager of holidays and overtime. If holidays are booked and in the system and you clock for overtime and contracted shifts you will be in the system. Contracted and booked holidays will be already be showing. Overtime will show by you clocking. With work and pay your manager should now put a name to overtime on the system before your shift. If this is not done it will show on exceptions when you clock.
The new work load that has come a managers way is to reduce exceptions and it's to move people in the system when they move hours or do overtime. This is not something that should effect pay. Exceptions still need to be cleared off and processed, they should be less with the work done before rather than after. Unexpected changes like sick should be only things showing but that's a side issue to your point.
Now on work and pay you can see your holidays on the app. If you can't view yourself you can ask for a print out.

Batmanjo

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 16-11-21, 11:24AM

Get in touch with ACAS if they are with holding your hard earned cash and take you under the minimum wage they will give you advice on what you need to do and hopefully whack the company with a large fine. 

forrestgimp

You will get your money, give them a week to get it into your bank which is a reasonable amount of time, if they try to tell you that you will get it in the next months pay simply tell the store manager you intend taking them to the small claims court (think its changed its name bit its the same thing)

It costs 30 quid to do but you will get that back if it gets that far (it wont) then ring the courts up to get the form or ring the union they can send them fill them and hand to the SM their bit and watch them pass out.

This is your money we are talking about if it gets to court Tesco will need to come up with a reasonable reason for not paying you and there isnt one so you will win. However it wont get that far it never does, the few times I have helped someone do it they got their money in 2 days.

Nomad

MCOL Money Claim Online

Can be done online.  You have to pay a fee but you get that back if you are victorious.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

sunshineman

well my manger said they are still sorting it out and will check again next week. It is so shocking that you go to work and work hard and they cannot even get the wages right

Snailmale

Would somebody please explain what "Retro" is exactly. ?

Redshoes

Any amendments or backdated changes to your Job role or shifts (these can be absences, holidays, change of hours, overtime worked) after the payroll has been closed in the week we're paid, for Sunday-Saturday of that week, will show as Retro Pay on your payslip.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Or you could do what many in my store did and not do overtime as you know they'll screw up and it'll be another job for you trying to get the money you are owed. If you need extra money find yourself another job. With the party time 2/3 day contracts Tesco offer now your availability window will be massive. If you think Tesco's is heavy graft try Amazon or Hermes.  The place is full or Polish and Romianians who'll turn the conveyor belt on at well over the speed Occupational health deem safe and have a 12 hour shift finished in 4. They know the agency they work through will just keep them late or sack them if they don't stay back to complete the nights parcels. Meanwhile the ops supervisors hide in the office not giving a care because the jobs completed every shift.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Snailmale on 04-12-21, 09:41AM
Would somebody please explain what "Retro" is exactly. ?

Retro = old. For ex if you have 100 year old wardrobe in modern home you call it Retro.

chris9997

The tesco MyShift i was told is not the true reflection of what has been enterered on the system the only true reflection is what is on the tablet .
So if this  is the case what is  the point of myshift it does seem like they bringout these apps/sites without a proper purpose. I would expect there to be an app where staff can do many things like look up shifts,check pay, book holidays etc.

1man2jobs

Just a friendly reminder to all staff who have pay queries to make sure you try to resolve it in paid company time and not in your own personal time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk