News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 10:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tescopleb

Yes Managers are people too but thanks to Tosco's successful application of divide and rule too many of them forgot they are just bigger fish in a small pond. So we have the situation we find ourselves in where those who thought they where better than the
GA population have just discovered that tosco don't  agree.and it's a big shock for them. I feel for the many decent managers who are affected but we all know of genuine horror stories and that's the problem.

DrunkenKong

Do you remember when management restructure took place each year.  Normally I see store operational structure change than management few months later.

NightAndDay

Quote from: spike_pkh on 06-02-22, 07:14PM
Just typical for this site, manager bashing/laughing at management redundancy etc is perfectly fine it seems, forgetting that managers are people too.

It's justified most of the time unfortunately, the employment tribunal cases speaks for themselves.

horatiocain

The problem is thatcmanagement within Tesco is a corrupt industry.
And the way they treat the good managers is a testament to why people treat them with derision, they tend to deserve it, I've had just a handful of managers with any skl, out of the hundreds I've dealt with, less than 5 were actually skilled and capable  and they all left Tesco for a better job where the rest of their team are not inept lazy feckless wastes of space.

That doesn't mean GAs are all great  many of then are lazy  but it pales in comparison

VladPutin

Quote from: Ahsda on 06-02-22, 02:56AM
Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 10:08PM
Quote from: ImBackBaby on 03-02-22, 09:53PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 01:29PM

If you listen really carefully, you might just be able to make out the GA's playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Yup, and good thing you told me that because I really give a toss what you and other GA's think.

Remember: without us, you're nothing. Just another loser in a cheap suit, sitting on his fat backside while the real workers do the stuff that actually matters. Even the morons at head officer are finally catching on to just how much deadweight there is in management.

But don't worry. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always find another job that suits the skillset you have developed as a Tesco manager.

We'll always need someone to clean the toilets.  ;)

Lol you sound like a complete geek that can't get a better job and just moan about people that get paid more than you...
Yeah managers get paid more than us but we also have the choice to do their job, and we choose not to because...well why would I for minimum extra money.
So, unless I'm going to make a change I'll just get on with it,

Also what's wrong with cleaning the toilets? Is it beneath you?

edited to remove personal insults

Is English not your first language, or do you have learning difficulties? If you wish to respond to my posts, please make the effort to write coherently. 8-)

VladPutin

Quote from: spike_pkh on 06-02-22, 07:14PM
Just typical for this site, manager bashing/laughing at management redundancy etc is perfectly fine it seems, forgetting that managers are people too.

I refer you to my previous comment regarding the World's Smallest Violin... ;)

Hophop

Quote from: VladPutin on 07-02-22, 08:27PM
Quote from: Ahsda on 06-02-22, 02:56AM
Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 10:08PM
Quote from: ImBackBaby on 03-02-22, 09:53PM
Quote from: VladPutin on 03-02-22, 01:29PM

If you listen really carefully, you might just be able to make out the GA's playing the world's smallest violin for you.

Yup, and good thing you told me that because I really give a toss what you and other GA's think.

Remember: without us, you're nothing. Just another loser in a cheap suit, sitting on his fat backside while the real workers do the stuff that actually matters. Even the morons at head officer are finally catching on to just how much dead weight there is in management.

But don't worry. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always find another job that suits the skillset you have developed as a Tesco manager.

We'll always need someone to clean the toilets.  ;)

Lol you sound like a complete geek that can't get a better job and just moan about people that get paid more than you...
Yeah managers get paid more than us but we also have the choice to do their job, and we choose not to because...well why would I for minimum extra money.
So, unless I'm going to make a change I'll just get on with it,

Also what's wrong with cleaning the toilets? Is it beneath you?

edited to remove personal insults

Is English not your first language, or do you have learning difficulties? If you wish to respond to my posts, please make the effort to write coherently. 8-)
Oh look vlads insulting other forum users and mods as per usual are nowhere to be seen. And yet if was anyone else mods would have been all over it editing their posts  in record time. I'm guessing vlad is an alt account of the mods
[admin]You guess wrong. Hophop, if you don't like VLH or the moderators don't come on VLH. End of.[/admin]

Paupers wage

Well said administrator this forum is for the unheard soon to be minimum wage

BUY TESLA STOCK

[admin]Topic is Management restructure 2021[/admin]

Ahsda

[admin]Back to topic which is 'Management restructure 2021'[/admin]

Redshoes

I keep hearing that they can't afford redundancies now. The stock control one was a disaster for many stores but the impact of the compliance/personnel was minimal to stores. With that in mind I suspect it will be targeted roles removed in stores and it could be that it's done store by store.
Some of the big extra stores have more than one GM manager and reduced electrical. The extra near me has three GM managers. They only have one checkout manager with a much higher head count of colleague. They still also have a produce manager, a dmp manager, a counters manager and a bakery manager.
I think that as has happened before. The managers have to do the work to move hours, let go of a lot of very good temps. These tasks are not nice, a manager that enjoys doing this should re-think what they do for @ living. Anyway, my point being is that the managers deliver the restructure because they have to but then afterwards they find themselves on the firing line too. I think it's coming but I think it will be targeted roles.

londoner83

It's obvious the long term plan is to remove nights from as many stores as possible and replace many team managers with cheaper shift leaders. However as the person above posted I believe it will done over years on a store by store basis rather than in one big hit.

Too many night crews and team managers would willingly take redundancy if offered and the business is wary of another stock control disaster where too many experienced people left and stores literally fell over with only untrained newbies left to pick up the pieces. Also is there really a army of recruits out there seeking twilight job opportunities.

As soon as the public accept it, can easily see manned tills being consigned to history and we move to self serve or Amazon style technology. In terms of cost savings ending the role of cashier would save Tesco millions.

Totot

It show in financial statement tesco cash flow down significantly. Probably got to do with lower the debt, and possible because they have to, not they want to. But this is after selling some asset and long investment, so in short, tesco a little bit skint with cash, and redundancy probably would never happened. Either that or sell more asset or investment or taking new loan.

Borrowing large amount of money for covering operation will send negative vibe to tesco stock price quickly.

NightAndDay

Really don't know how they can justify reducing total hours for Shift Leaders in Express by cutting off the part timer, a lot of Expresses have a massive retention problem for shift leaders, reducing the presence of them further will just exacerbate existing operational issues. The whole point of the DSM = 1.5 shift leader conversion was precisely to put more feet on the shop floor to alleviate managerial workload and improve service, reneging on that essentially means it was a planned long term cost cutting exercise.

At this point, with all the other changes Tesco are making to the structure, a lot of the managers may as well pack it in and become a bin man, they'd be paid more quite frankly and have to put up with less s***.

lucgeo

Quote from: londoner83 on 12-02-22, 09:24AM
Too many night crews and team managers would willingly take redundancy if offered and the business is wary of another stock control disaster where too many experienced people left and stores literally fell over with only untrained newbies left to pick up the pieces. Also is there really a army of recruits out there seeking twilight job opportunities.

Head office thought that by making all deliveries electronic, and taking over the ordering centrally, it somehow made stock control surplus to requirements?? The SM and senior team in my store underestimated the importance of the role of us stockies...called on by SM every time to help with all hands, finish night fill, checkouts, rumble etc..." get SC on it, all they do all day is walk round with a piece of paper in their hands!!" Wonder who the Wally gets to do it all now?? All but one of our SC took redundancy, the one left had been there only a short time, on a 16 hour contract, lacking any experience or real knowledge about the job.

Dare say the daily routine of wiping stock off in the morning, only to arrive next day to find it all counted back on by "somebody" to avoid shrink, as they definitely know it's in the warehouse!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

madness

We can't even kep our s*** staff they are all leaving for proper jobs paying the same money but mon-fri hours and 30+ contracted hours as well.
Tesco need to find a way of making the s*** job, s*** hours more enticing.

Hammer10

Stock control has been done wrong for past 25 years when I was a stock controller back in the 90 s we fully counted shopfloor and ware house every morning job 1 and job3 we corrected shelf capacities if needed and if out of stock we scanned as out of stock might have been long winded but never got stock problems we get today.

Mrbline

Is that how job 14 got its names each job was its task to do through out the day

penguin

Yes it is and job 14 seems to be the one job that has kept its number so to speak.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

Quote from: Hammer10 on 12-02-22, 10:28PM
Stock control has been done wrong for past 25 years when I was a stock controller back in the 90 s we fully counted shopfloor and ware house every morning job 1 and job3 we corrected shelf capacities if needed and if out of stock we scanned as out of stock might have been long winded but never got stock problems we get today.

The reduction of staff  over the years coupled with not ring fencing stock control, P.I, and merchandising, plus losing dept hours has resulted in the chaos of shrink and stock problems!
There's so much needed to conclude each task, that by continuing to take people off their departments to cover, creates more problems with a knock on affect that nothing, which is deemed necessary for the job to be done properly, is completed!
Mapping is done and entered, but then called to cover, so the labels don't get put out. Next day capacity checks and mapping to change the facings as a few products discontinued...go to get the labels but not all have printed off as the person yesterday mapped some with same facings so not re printed!! Find out half way through, so request re prints, go to get them but either dragged on a checkout, no paper in printer, somebody's gone off with them along with their own...or the checkout manager has binned them because the workstation is untidy, but "whilst your stood there doing nothing, jump on a till"  >:( >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

VladPutin

Quote from: lucgeo on 12-02-22, 01:42PM
Quote from: londoner83 on 12-02-22, 09:24AM

Head office thought that by making all deliveries electronic, and taking over the ordering centrally, it somehow made stock control surplus to requirements?? The SM and senior team in my store underestimated the importance of the role of us stockies...called on by SM every time to help with all hands, finish night fill, checkouts, rumble etc..." get SC on it, all they do all day is walk round with a piece of paper in their hands!!" Wonder who the Wally gets to do it all now?? All but one of our SC took redundancy, the one left had been there only a short time, on a 16 hour contract, lacking any experience or real knowledge about the job.

Dare say the daily routine of wiping stock off in the morning, only to arrive next day to find it all counted back on by "somebody" to avoid shrink, as they definitely know it's in the warehouse!

One of the worst decisions to ever come out of head office. And that's really saying something! :o

penguin

But when many people at the time protested the reply was along the lines of the company is now to big to do stock control at local level, we have this amazing highly educated and trained team who will be able to sort it all out for you, donkeys years later and its still a mess.

Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Pda-smith

Just came out of a meeting now with store manager and a note taker regarding redundancies.
Jist of it  - hoping to prioritise relocation of staff over redundancies by way of protected pay for x number of months.
But also a free pack of hobnobs subject to years of service, with a signed , laminated picture of Ken Murphy. Pretty happy with that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk