News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:07PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 272
Total: 278

Managers pay review meeting 2017

Started by Woody44, 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvaSees

Going to be hard to figure that one out unless they all post here, but from the size of this thread it seems to be widespread. All it proves is that the company has a number of managers who, at the time of the annual pay review, were already earning an annual salary in excess of that defined for their role by the corporate pay structure - and yet, given our rather precarious finances and the continued shedding of managers, they expect more?

Marshall1

Hi was wondering if anyone has heard how the store that was at tribunal about managers being made to work 37.5 hours but only contracted to 36 hours

FatFraz

They work as a GA most shift for TM wages give them nothing.

Me2015

It's not been published yet for some reason, but it failed.

trolleyboy96

Really? Seemed straight forward, on what grounds?

Me2015

No jurisdiction to hear claim, and no contractual term has been broken, implied or otherwise.

his scots tie

Quote from: Weed on 12-02-18, 03:50PM
They work as a GA most shift for TM wages give them nothing.
Think a lot of Managers, including Senior Team, have got their jobs by playing a game of musical chairs !!!!!

Dontbelieveaword

M360 have you or anyone out there any news on last years managers pay review. Thought that something was being announced in Feb this year according to my PM or is this just more lies coming from the mouth of my soon to be gone (yeeeh).

londoner83

Is this linked to the rumours of a soft structure change in wk 6? Now with the redundancies TM will again pick up duties that they are not currently paid to do.

trolleyboy96

The bulk of team managers never stopped doing duties, most seniors refused to do them.

lessforlife

Is there any news on the Sunday premium changes for manager's? I know in our last pay review letter, it said about April looking at pay changes.

rogerthedodger

Come November some team support will be earning £21,300  per year and paid overtime on top!!! no real accountability surely the Dave Lewis and his merry men, have to look at this!  As g.a wage goes up so will team support and skilled team support, essentially team support will be earning more! And probably are in some cases

mexicopete

The team support carries the manager in our dept. The manager causes chaos when in and all runs smoothly when the team support is at work. ;) ;) ;)
The worlds me lobster

WorkingMummy

Quote from: Dontbelieveaword on 22-02-18, 06:11PM
M360 have you or anyone out there any news on last years managers pay review. Thought that something was being announced in Feb this year according to my PM or is this just more lies coming from the mouth of my soon to be gone (yeeeh).

My Pay Review letter said results of full review were coming in Spring, but I haven't heard anything.

Expressdude2016

Quote from: Dontbelieveaword on 22-02-18, 06:11PM

Won't have been Feb. Will be around May June time maybe earlier given the changes to managers pays this year.

BIMB

Hi some very interesting reading. I was wondering if anyone knew the process for team managers moving up in pay after a year being signed off? Is this a fact or myth?

Also can anyone explain the percentages of the pay bands I.e. 90% is appointment rate but what is the 93% & 97% & 100%????

Any help would be appriciated.

notsofunny

I would find it surprising that they would be still be having bands , especially since they are spending so much time in cutting back on so many roles, but then anything can happen.

Kingkong2015

Time more managers got the chop a hell of a lot who aren't needed or can't do the job. Tesco wasting more money typical. ESP in Belfast Dc too many transport managers who just play pool all day or night and pretend to be important.

trolleyboy96

@BIMB, that's a myth as with open posting you have to apply for any job, when successful that's the pay rate regardless. If on placement you should get a wage supplement to support of 90% of the lowest band point for the job your on placement for. Once signed off the job becomes vacant again and if you want to stay you have to apply for the job back.

Henry14

I have a question on managers pay. Is there a different pay band for Dotcom managers? Do driving managers get paid more than a picker/driver (manages both) manager? The reason I ask is I found out today driving team supports get paid more than a driving/picking team support

trolleyboy96

Managers get paid within the band. Could be a case you and your colleague are at different points of the band.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk