News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 294
Total: 299

Face Masks

Started by Welshie, 10-07-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

So from today face masks are mandatory in shops in Scotland,  do staff have to wear masks , are these being provided? Where you briefed on this before today to allow anyone with a medical condition time to get an exemption certificate?

dotnochance

Yes to all the points! and medical exemption certificate isn’t needed, though you can go and get in I’m if u want

lucgeo

Hopefully the rest of the nations will follow suit, and make all instore shopping mandatory for face masks.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redboy1

I’m sorry guys I’m new on here. How do I raise a question without replying to you?
I’m hearing there is going to be job changes to senior team and was wondering if anyone knows anything, but I can’t post the question. Apologies for being thick and hijacking your post... thanks

lucgeo

You need to register to become a supporter  :thumbup:

Redboy1

Thank you 👍

Bacons

This is just wee jimmy crankie being a hysterical bell end as usual.

Bit like some people on this forum...

lucgeo

Are you on something or just trying to get yourself noticed  ???

Wee little trolls come and go all the time on this site  :-X

stockcontroller

Quote from: Bacons on 10-07-20, 04:59PM
This is just wee jimmy crankie being a hysterical bell end as usual.

Bit like some people on this forum...

So you'll say the same thing about Boris who's just said the same thing is likely to happen in England?  ???

King1999

Just been on the news so the science is leaning towards face masks.......scotland are doing it right from the off I would say.

Welshie

I think Scotland and northern Ireland (until last week) have handled it very well , Boris is now panicking because people are not running out to shops now that they're allowed . Now telling people to go to work after telling them to work from home if they can because people in offices are the ones that keep sandwich bars etc going .
Hopefully masks will become compulsory in shops throughout the UK .

person7

I hope they make it mandatory in England.

I can't work on shop floor until after 6pm as part of medical assessment.

So there's not much to do at all until after dinner.

4 hours of nothing and then 1 hour break then 3 hours left to do everything

lemons84

What are people’s views on wearing face masks while working if/ when it becomes mandatory?

My role at is a fairly physical one- pushing heavy trolleys, bending and lifting. Not to mention our store has the heating on all year round so it’s tropical in there in the height of summer.

Personally I think shop staff who have physical roles shouldn’t have to wear them.

barafear

Join the club in terms of tropical store temperatures!! Even the freezer aisle is not that cold anymore - I actually work on checkouts - and used to dread being on basket tills/tills near the freezers - but for the last ten weeks, heating on - every time I complain there's nothing anyone can do - all down to head office - surely someone can contact head office!!

Anyway - this might be different for shop floor workers and checkout staff - but on the same basis that bus drivers do not have to wear masks (because they are behind a plastic screen) then I cannot see how checkout staff would need to either. Clearly this doesn't apply to shop floor staff.

I still don't think the govt will make it mandatory.

How can shops be mandatory but not pubs and restaurants? Which are smaller - and people are likely to spend more time in there - but clearly going out for food and drink and having to wear a mask just doesn't tally does it?

anyway - if masks stopped shoppers from grazing, that would be a blessing in disguise!!

barafear

Admin>

seems to be two threads on face masks - can they be merged?

[admin]Done[/admin]

penguin

What happens in Scotland about masks, if someone forgets or refuses to use one are they denied entry or ejected from the store ?
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

londoner83

can't see it becoming mandatory and even if it was there would be so many exceptions that it would be a nightmare to police.

BlueToon

Quote from: penguin on 13-07-20, 06:44PM
What happens in Scotland about masks, if someone forgets or refuses to use one are they denied entry or ejected from the store ?

No.
According to the glorious leader of Scotland, it is NOT down to the store(s) to refuse entry.
It is the responsibility of police Scotland.
This is of course assuming that they have nothing better to do!

StinkyPoo

Masks to be worn from 24th July in shops, just seen on news...

Siwel123

Yep, bit of a delayed order don't you think? If masks and face coverings should be worn to limit the spread of covid, wouldn't this have been better at the start?

darklighter

I think it is needed now because more premises have been allowed to open and the social distance may/will be shorter due to non adherence by some people but I agree in respect that it should have been mandatory in shops that were allowed to remain open through necessity.

manbearpig

They say the police are going to enforce the wearing of masks in shops... good luck with that, I already know it's going to be left to us to enforce and we will have to deal with some absolute bellends who refuse to wear one...

penguin

Anyone else think this is just a panic measure, now its become obvious a lot of people are worried about going to shops and other business permitted to be back open so the Government are hoping everyone wearing a mask will reassure people, as others have said if it was for health reasons it should have been done back in March if not sooner.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

notsofunny

Not truly a panic measure , its more to do with Advice the so called experts are now putting out  , shops have been packed out since they opened in London half with masks on and other not so , Today when my wife went out she found nearly  every one had one on not just in shops but also walking about ,

Hammer10

Does that mean staff as well what about bakers and behind the scenes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk