News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 02:06PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,435
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 324
Total: 327

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby1

New foyer display......wow!! :o :o

pete

This is serious, no accident, he drove in through a window 'cause they wouldn't serve him alcohol. Charged with drink driving and ATTEMPTED MURDER!

fatty

I do hope they prove "attempted murder" >:( i hope they get him for drink driving as well.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

pete

well it was pre-meditated, he threatened he would do that before he left the store, then aimed the car at staff and customers so hopefully!

xExpress

one sick guy, what if he had of killed someone, a friend, a child I bet there would be war if he had. Throw the book at him.

south-west-trains

How about the damage he caused to the store too?  :-X He should have to sell his Rollys Royce and pay for that damage himself as it wasn't Tesco's fault at all!

The Mrs

dotcomdonkey

Hi every1,
About 2 weeks ago 1 of our .com drivers had 2 deliveries on the same road, 1 way with no spaces to park. By the time he had finished the 1st delivery there were a load of cars waiting, he decided to go to the end of the road let every1 pass and go round again. 1 car stopped and the driver started taking pictures of him and the van, the .com driver got out and asked him what he was doing at which point the driver jumped out of the car screaming and shouting, chased him up the road punching him in the back and body, he then made his get away(luckily the attacker was old and didn't cause too much harm). The police were called and plenty of statements were taken along with the reg of his car.
The .com driver was called back to the store for a meeting and to make a statement. He was told at this meeting that if he had fought back in self defence it would have been instant dismissal, and as far as Tesco's was concerned it was the end of the matter.
The police also got in touch, "the well-to-do gentleman" had been found, he admitted punching and even kicking the driver but got only a warning as it was his 1st time!!!!

Lets hope next time the red mist falls he hasn't got something at hand to use as a weapon.

fatty

In law you have a RIGHT to defend yourself using reasonable force. The driver would have been well within his rights to defend himslf.

As for Tescos threats they are empty. >:(

If that was me as the driver i would raise a grievence against the manager who made the threats and state that i would expect the compamy to support me in their duty of care. I would also expect the company to persue the "gentleman" involved with legal action.

The driver can also persue a private complaint against the member of the public for assault.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.

Geezer100

I heard this from one of the staff memebers involved.

With regards to the new think 25 policy, a customer was ID'd. He and his m8's he was with kicked off big time saying that he was 24 and didn't need ID etc.
The cashier explained to him that the policy now was think 25, and he would need I.D.
He continued to kick off big time, where upon security (not Tesco, but outside agency) came down, and the customer left the store, but was still violent outside. Police called.
The police did respond, but he left just before they arrived. Not before he picked up a Costa Coffee 'A' Frame, and threw it. Luckily causing no damage to the store.

This was a night time incident. I do not know what time it happened though.

The Mrs

Man threatened to slit worker's throat

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/news/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=News&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED08%20Jul%202009%2008%3A10%3A38%3A270

It's when I read things like this that I'm reminded just how c**p our justice system is.

Mr D'Avola said his client, who now works in the construction industry, had been drinking at the time of the affray and could not remember making the threats. He added: "He has accepted full responsibility for his actions and that the custody threshold has been passed."

But Recorder Peter Taylor decided the teenager should be spared a jail sentence, giving him a 12-month conditional discharge and ordering him to pay a total of £600 in compensation and costs. He said: "You are only 19. The court very much hopes this is a sufficient wake-up call for you. The sentence is imposed for your benefit so you can get a job and start a career."

Get a job? Mr D'Avola said he HAD one. So has he or not? And if not, where is he going to get a job/career in the Construction Industry in the present climate? This Peter Taylor needs a wake up call himself!

And Tesco make no comment. You'd think they'd at least say they were disappointed with the outcome. But then, I'm not surprised. Tesco talk the talk when it suits them ... but it all means nothing. They obviously don't support "Freedom from Fear".  >:(

fatty

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Masked-gang-rob-Tesco-store-West-Hallam/article-1295285-detail/article.html

Yet another attack on an Express store. How many have happened in the past year? I do hope the staff recover with the support of the company.

almostlost

I would say im threatened at least once a week.  Threatened to get stabbed with needles by junkies, threatened to be waited for after work (its not happened yet :( ), asked to step outside there and then.

My best friend is currently waiting to hear back from police about being racially abused after refusing to serve a kid and his much larger mate rizla's, internally, nothing at all has been said/done about it.  Nothing ever is, working evenings, we get no support at all !

What makes it even more difficult, is we had our guarding budget removed almost 2 years ago !  

Jaycloth

"My brother (who works at another express) had just opened up one morning when 3 armed, masked men ran in and stole cigarettes (his EOM's third question was asking if he was ok, after asking if he had done a count, and why there was a hole in the knee of his trousers)"

Absolutely staggering! But why am I not too surprised?  8-)

The Mrs

Racist thug hurled can of lager at shop attendant, racially abuses security .... and walks.

""There is a pattern to his behaviour. If something goes wrong in his life, he turns to drinking. Once he's drinking, unfortunately these situations develop and a he's a danger to the public." ... and still he walks

http://www.southendstandard.co.uk/news/southend/4695607.Racist_thug_hurled_can_of_lager_at_shop_attendant/

:p:

Jaycloth

I know our jails are over full. I understand the impact that a custodial sentence would have on his child and his longer term prospects. I also fear for his next victim, he was buying lager this time, what if he had been trying to purchase a knife! This man needs help to manage his anger and, maybe, his excessive drinking. This has been ignored.

almostlost

The racial abuse thing I mentioned above, the other CA, that heard it all on the night has lied on her statement for some unknown reason.  My mate has had a letter this morning to attend court because he has pleaded not guilty.  He'll probably get a slap on the wrist.

The Mrs

masked avenger

these thugs should get a custodial sentence every time its a shame we still don't have transportation >:(

Jaycloth

masked avenger

yeah good call put them on the front line see how brave they are then :d:

wiggy71

Its a regular occurrence in our store, if its not racial abuse of staff, who then get taken into an office to be cross examined by security about the event, did we bar the customer (surprise surprise NO), to the think 25 policy. 
One guy who works at a stationery store near to our store, when him & his g/f(she was really lovely & level headed) were challenged for ID, he started kicking off.I then spoke to him, his argument was "I know the policy for think 21, we sell knives ya know", my reply was "actually its think 25 & I wouldn't dream of telling you how to do your job, please don't try & tell me how to do my mine".  He then proceeded to walk round other side of store only to be refused there, as security had been following him.

stardust22

I got a pack of cheesecake slices thrown at me today cuz the bloke had picked up the wrong dessert. He musta had something wrong with his eyes, because he read the label wrong and missed me by miles. Needless to say, security & my manager did nothing.

Chairswan

A store down the road from me had an incident at their kiosk.
A member of staff behind the kiosk allegedly got into a verbal confrontation with a customer who was queuing up, also there was a verbal exchange between the said customer & the security guard, this then lead to the GA at the kiosk to jump across & assault the customer as well as the guard.
Police were called, since then both staff have been suspended pending further enquires.  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk