Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:30AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

All holidays to be put in by April

Started by Vinny1985, 17-02-21, 11:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Hi I was just told today we need to put every holiday in today. I asked if I could keep some back. I was told no. I thought you had to put in a percentage. I don't know if I need odd day off for things what come up. I normally keep a few days back. We were told it had something to do with pay roll.

Redshoes

If you are talking about the 2021-2022 holidays the booking window has been open since 1st April 2020. If you want to keep a few days back book the end of March and then ask to move them if needed. Come the 1st April the next holiday window opens.

whatajoke2019

If it's something to do with Pay Roll I suspect your store might be moving to Work & Pay very soon.

helpme

Vinny1985

Yes it was for 2021 2022. I got all mine in apart from 5 days. A week. But been told that's needs to go in also.

Redshoes

There is a lot of work to be done getting ready for work & pay. Stores are being flagged for “data cleanse” issues. Lots of things need sorting, not just holidays. Huge bit of work to be done. It has launched to salaried and some trial stores but due to go live to all this year. Date has moved so could move again but last I heard it was October. I think your store is just trying to get things right before launch. Holiday booking will be via the app eventually but probably not at launch so I think they are just wanting holidays into the system to ease transition to the new system. Holiday will then be booked by the hour so they need to be in system with shifts and not whole days. Depending on the size of the store it is a lot of people to check.

oldfashionedplayer

It says you should but its not mandatory to book all holidays... You don't even have to book 75%... As stated before your manager should sit down with you ideally feb/March to book some but you don't have to book any, and then again October, November time and then in December they allocate any remaining holiday you have left up till April if you haven't booked it yet....

Biscuit tin

Be so good to finally be able to book your own holidays online. No more holiday book that mysteriously goes missing and comes back with dates added by staff who leave things to the last minute.

Morris999

Your manager still has to authorise your holidays even though they will be online, so there will still be the holiday book that mysteriously disappears.

Nomad

I hope that once on line the holiday system automatically saves date & time of request and of authorisation or refusal by MM, and that they (date/time) cannot be changed by any person.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

It will be open to fiddle, like everything else

Morris999

@Nomad
It Informs the colleague when it’s been accepted, however it can still be cancelled/changed by their manager or wages clerk.

Nomad

So I could request holiday date(s) get it authorised by MM, make my holiday arrangements and then MM could go into the system and change or cancel the booking ?

Sounds great   :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lackofinterest

sounds like an absolute load of testes to me. for the benefit of the company only.

Cairney39

If you are talking about the Work and Pay system, any holidays authorised on it and then removed are marked as “withdrawn”

Morris999

To be honest if your store is already on work and pay managers can cancel holidays already, however like Cairney has said, it will show as withdrawn.
I’ll also be honest there’s nothing to stop managers doing it in Hram currently if they have a login/password.
At least with work & pay there’s evidence of them doing it.

Nomad

Is there a time limit after which authorisation cannot be 'withdrawn' ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Morris999

No, you can withdraw it at any point.

gomezz

I can see the technical need for it to be able to be withdrawn at any point.  After all it may be the employee's circumstances that change (other half cannot get the time off where they work for example).  But has the policy changed?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

helpme

Law still applies, double the days booked for notice  to cancel.

Nomad

Quote from: Morris999 on 19-02-21, 06:56PM
To be honest if your store is already on work and pay managers can cancel holidays already, however like Cairney has said, it will show as withdrawn.
I’ll also be honest there’s nothing to stop managers doing it in Hram currently if they have a login/password.
At least with work & pay there’s evidence of them doing it.

I was concerned about any time limit in which MM could withdraw/cancel authorisation ?

If it is at any time then that is so wrong, and naughty.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Morris999

Why?
Are you saying that after a certain amount of time, that a colleague cannot change a booked date off?
I’ll be honest it seems that your just looking for issues with the new system for the sake of it.
Managers being able to cancel holidays on work and pay is no different to hram, only difference is there is now evidence of them doing it and more importantly when.
I’ll also be honest and say yes there are a few managers that will use flaws in a system to their advantage over colleagues, however that is also true of colleagues.
This new system is more open and more importantly there’s a electronic paper trail of everything a Manager or colleague does.

What’s the alternative
Stick with Hram and have the same threads every month regarding holidays and managers or maybe go fully electronic for holiday bookings where computer automatically says no once it’s hit the % limit?

grim up north

I think nomad means if a manager can cancel your holiday after already granting you it

Nomad

Exactly.  If mm can cancel your authorised holiday booking, how long after authorisation took place can they(mm) cancel it  :question: ( without staff members consent )

Some companies pay people very well indeed to look for flaws/issues in IT systems, but not as much as those they pay very very well to write systems without major flaws.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

alf

I'd love to see the drama on here if management were locked out of making changes.

What's that Debbie you want to change your holidays because covid led to your flight being cancelled, too bad computer says no.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk