Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 08:57PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETUKL

About right keep managers happy with a payout but ga can go without as they dont matter

madness

Maybe scared that with the recent cull of managers and what I believe is a shortage of new ones coming through they are trying to hold onto them?

lordadmiral

Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:53PM
Quote from: madness on 29-07-18, 04:51PM
Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:37PM
After our pay rise in Nov our wage is getting frozen until 2020. Our Sunday time and a quarter is protected until then and then it will go to time. The only reason we will be getting a pay rise in 2020 is because minimum wage is going up to £10 an hour and we will have to go through all of this again.
£9 per hour from 2020
Sorry my bad  :)

More likely £8.56 in 2020. It's 5% increase in 2019 & 2020.

his scots tie

Its £8.42 from November a 5% pay rise in 2019 will take it to £8.64.Cant see us getting 5% next year,after all staff contracted to sundays have saw there earnings go up 2.1 % in FOUR years.

billandben

Quote from: his scots tie on 30-07-18, 11:03PM
Its £8.42 from November a 5% pay rise in 2019 will take it to £8.64.Cant see us getting 5% next year,after all staff contracted to sundays have saw there earnings go up 2.1 % in FOUR years.

Must have differant pay rates in differant stores as it £8.86 for a GA in my store as of this month

bugsbunny

Red75

Maybe raise it to over £9 in November 2019 in preparation for the minimum wage going up to £9 in April 2020. Think the £9 may have been revised downward to 8.75 though. Still could see us hitting £9 late 2019, for various reasons, Tesco will always pay a little more than minimum wage.

Red75

Revised downwards to £8.75 because of industry leaders like Dave Lewis complaining about rising costs. Couldn't the cut their bonuses a bit?

billandben

Quote from: bugsbunny on 31-07-18, 12:04AM
Do you get location pay?
Yes. We got nothing for lossing double time becouse of it, My "pay rise" then was less than £4 a week >:D

Blodwyn

Quote from: lordadmiral on 30-07-18, 10:12PM
Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:53PM
Quote from: madness on 29-07-18, 04:51PM
Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:37PM
After our pay rise in Nov our wage is getting frozen until 2020. Our Sunday time and a quarter is protected until then and then it will go to time. The only reason we will be getting a pay rise in 2020 is because minimum wage is going up to £10 an hour and we will have to go through all of this again.
£9 per hour from 2020
Sorry my bad  :)

More likely £8.56 in 2020. It's 5% increase in 2019 & 2020.

In the leaflet we were given for the pay review it states that Sundays and bank holiday premiums will not be reviewed again until 2020 at the earliest and in small print underneath it states, subject to business performance or any change in legislation.
It is not guaranteed or protected, just like everything else with regard to Tesco.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: his scots tie on 30-07-18, 11:03PM

£8.42 + 5% would equate to £8.84 (not £8.64)

Pedroximenez

It's a month today since the Sunday premium was reduced by half to £1.81 an hour. This bitter pill to Sunday workers was delivered as part of 'Our biggest ever pay award'  just one of the many sweeping statements on the glossy leaflet announcing the 'three separate increases'

I keep reading this leaflet over and over again and note that in the paragraph titled  'premium' the word 'change' not 'reduce' was used and also this sentence 'The payroll savings will be reinvested in July 2018 to increase hourly rates by 16p, as shown on page five' .... turn to page 5 and nowhere is the reduction factored into the soaring arrow which stretches across two pages depicting the three increases. The next paragraph titled  'Supporting colleagues affected by premium changes' the first sentence reads 'All colleagues will benefit from a significantly higher hourly rate' before explaining about the 'lump sum transition payment '  The pictures used are entirely of people with smiling faces.

I'm  not smiling and I feel very let down because the reality for me,like many others, is that on paper I may have received the increases in pay rate however with the premium slashed in half I am currently £40 worse off a month until November when I will be ltereally a few pennies better off. I feel sold down the river.

Martyness

Hi, long time reader but first time commenting.

My SM was at a meeting yesterday where our pay cut was brought up and discussed at length. Alot of SM's in my region are unhappy with whats happened, lack of open and honest communication to all of us and having to be put in uncomfortable situations due to this stealth cut.

From what they've been told it's currently being looked into by the Leadership People Team. They've got alot of examples of the pay cuts we're taking between july and november and for others even after that (when compared to our wage at £8.02 with time and a half)

If anything will change or if there will be some form of compensation is yet to be seen but atleast our voices are being heard.

Pedroximenez

Re the above post, i hope we do get compenstated or bought out fairly from our time and a half contracts as we were when premium went from double to time and a half , then all Sunday workers would recieve a fair and just lump sum for 18 months of the difference regardless of  and unconnected with any pay rate rises.   Because then we Sunday workers would stand equally with our non Sunday working colleagues all equally enjoying the pay rate rises in full...... that would be my wish, the above would be transparent fair and just.

lackofinterest

dizzy_1

Pedroximenez, not everyone was "bought out" of their double time contract.  Some of us not contracted but still rota'd to do Sundays didn't get a payment.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

forrestgimp

The news I have is more in the way of the Union trying to distract from their poor performance around this.

There is floating about the minutes from the pay review meeting with pauline faulkes and Tesco where it was initially outlined what Tesco wanted.

Tesco tell the Union they want all premiums gone all of them the nights the sunday time and a half everything down to bare time, a bit of to-ing and fro-ing goes on until the time and a quarter is discussed with the Tesco person saying anyone who loses money will be compensated and with that pauline faulkes agrees, Tesco never mention the absolute underhand sneaky and immoral way they intend to work it out so they can pay the least amount humanly possible and still be seen to be paying out but also the union just accepts at face value what Tesco says without seeing any detailed plans about how its going to be put into practice.

Thats why we are in this situation and thats why the majority of staff including managers thought anyone working sundays would get some cash.

What sort of Union and not only the union but the top dog just goes 'Yea sounds great' then doesnt ask any more questions when something is offered?

Tell you what though it also tells us there will be no premiums after 2020.

Pedroximenez

Quote from: dizzy_1 on 01-08-18, 03:16PM
Pedroximenez, not everyone was "bought out" of their double time contract.  Some of us not contracted but still rota'd to do Sundays didn't get a payment.

Sorry my mistake, , assumed everyone who regularly worked Sundays got a payout, it must have only been contracted staff which seems very unfair if you have regularly worked them.

JL

Quote from: Martyness on 01-08-18, 08:27AM
Hi, long time reader but first time commenting.

My SM was at a meeting yesterday where our pay cut was brought up and discussed at length. Alot of SM's in my region are unhappy with whats happened, lack of open and honest communication to all of us and having to be put in uncomfortable situations due to this stealth cut.

From what they've been told it's currently being looked into by the Leadership People Team. They've got alot of examples of the pay cuts we're taking between july and november and for others even after that (when compared to our wage at £8.02 with time and a half)

If anything will change or if there will be some form of compensation is yet to be seen but atleast our voices are being heard.

That's good to know hopefully they enjoyed the complementary tea, scones and ar**h*le. What the f*** is there to discuss in length you don't need to be Einstein to prove people will lose money for months out of this taking years to recoup the losses. Maybe they just made the c**k decision to keep the LPT in a job.

Martyness

To be honest my SM has been nothing but open and honest with how disgusted he feels about the whole situation we've all been put in and I can't fault them as at the end of the day its not their fault.

The same with all store managers in my group. I understand from our point of view it doesnt need discussed at length because we know we've been screwed but for the store managers who had been left in the dark and dupped into misleading us into thinking there would be some form of compensation there is a serious discussion to be had over Tesco's handling of the whole situation and how bad, upset off, scammed us colleague feel about this stealthy pay cut.

ETUKL

Union probably got a nice dontations to keep.their mouths shut about the pay cut and non pay out. 

Charlie Harper

So I've just emailed the Union with my wish to terminate my membership (should have done it years ago) with this....Hi, I'd like to leave the USDAW Union with immediate effect. My reason is because of the poor negotiation with Tesco with regards to the cut in Sunday premium. No compensation for Sunday workers. You basically managed to negotiate many of us a pay cut whilst charging £6.20 a month for the privilege. So, cancelling my membership to Usdaw will at least give me back £6.20 of what I've lost in my monthly pay packet.

By doing this, and relitterating to my manger that this is why he no longer has cover on Sundays each time he moans about it, is about as much as I, as an individual, can do.

sfo

Was told yesterday that Tesco have done a deal with usdaw to increase the Sunday opt out notice from 4 weeks to 12 weeks. Hope all you union members were consulted on this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk