Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 10:50PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 300
Total: 301

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:42PM
The union in my store told all of us we are getting our pay froze until 2020. He could be wrong. I will check with him the next time I see him again.

They're incorrect. Negotiations ( if you can call them that ) for next years pay "deal" will go ahead shortly.

Night premiums have been frozen for the current pay deal.

It's the Sun and BH premiums that will be reviewed in 2020 at the earliest and will remain at time and quarter until then.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Nuisance

Quote from: Loki on 29-07-18, 04:58PM
Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 04:42PM
The union in my store told all of us we are getting our pay froze until 2020. He could be wrong. I will check with him the next time I see him again.

They're incorrect. Negotiations ( if you can call them that ) for next years pay "deal" will go ahead shortly.

Night premiums have been frozen for the current pay deal.

It's the Sun and BH premiums that will be reviewed in 2020 at the earliest and will remain at time and quarter until then.

Thanx. That's good to know I think. He did say he struggled to get any information at all. So maybe it was miscommunication. Wouldn't surprise me.

surlaroute

Quote from: Nuisance on 29-07-18, 05:03PM
He did say he struggled to get any information at all.

This seems to be the common thread. I was saying to someone yesterday it's like that Wall-Mart episode of South Park where the company is just this entity that nobody can reason with lol

sfo

Been invited to a meeting with the CFC manager on Wednesday case I was off sick yesterday and I'm on a final warning for absence. So getting the sack on Wednesday. Glad I'm leaving the place and I have other work . I wish you all well. goodbye and God bless.

[admin]If your fate is as you suspect, good luck to you. Nomad[/admin]

oldfashionedplayer

well, seems some store managers are meeting with colleagues around areas to "put your concerns at ease, if you have any questions you'd like to ask, then please ask them when your SM is on *****"

so, anyone got any questions to be asked? ours is fairly soon, but i wanna see what they've been given as their briefing, as we were told it's only just been handed down to them. lol.

his scots tie

The pay rise is supposed to be Transparent,fair,sustainable and morally right.In November 2018 ,after 3% pay rise,a full time GA will be earning £1.25per month more than in Nov 17,but they will have to have a 5 month pay cut of approx £38 from july to nov without any cushion payment.Is thatTransparent? Fair ? Sustainable? Morally right? Answers on a postcard to drastic dave.

lucgeo

So how many of us have contacted the papers, news channels etc to ask them to highlight this??? I have contacted a newspaper and news channel last week, pleading with them to look into this thread, and highlight how our colleagues are taking a pay cut for the next five months, and living on the breadline.....so far nothing ??? ??? Nothing....no reply.....no follow up....sweet  Fanny Adams ....perhaps the local PM is the next contact ??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

sfo.....I hope you don't get sacked  :'( :'(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

sfo

Thank you but I'm going to resign anyway I'm not good at working with liars

madness

Why are you on final written for sya?

JL

By leaving you are letting the liars win. Best to stay and f*** them off if you can.

sfo

Had a bit of sciatica and recently kicked off about the pay cut so probably wasn't going to go down well lwhen I got a migraine yesterday

sfsorrow

Quote from: lucgeo on 29-07-18, 08:02PM
So how many of us have contacted the papers, news channels etc to ask them to highlight this??? I have contacted a newspaper and news channel last week, pleading with them to look into this thread, and highlight how our colleagues are taking a pay cut for the next five months, and living on the breadline.....so far nothing ??? ??? Nothing....no reply.....no follow up....sweet  Fanny Adams ....perhaps the local PM is the next contact ??

Who have you actually contacted? I think some of the Guardian columnists might be your best bet - Owen Jones, Polly Toynbee, John Harris etc

mexicopete

Quote from: GreenGrocer on 29-07-18, 08:23PM
By leaving you are letting the liars win. Best to stay and f*** them off if you can.

I don't often agree with what you post.. but on this occasion you are on the money. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

darklighter

9 hour shift
7.5 hrs working

June@ T&H £30.07 per sunday

July, if @ T&H £30.67 per Sunday

July@ T&Q = £15.33 * 20 Sundays between 1st July and 18th November = loss of £306.60

If the premium stayed at T&H, compared to June, we would have an EXTRA 60p per Sunday from the 1st July rising 30p on 18th Nov so an eventual total of 90p per week, wow, we would have been bleeding them dry!

So, we are losing £14.29 per week comparing what were getting in June  to the final rise in Nov and they have helped themselves to £306.60 out of our wage packet before giving us the final pay rise on Nov 18th.

Is this correct or have made a mistake along the lines?

Charlie Harper

Quote from: fatboy on 29-07-18, 04:23PM
If the store was very busy then the customers can't be too bothered about the state of the place

They will be if it continues & they can't get what they want regularly on a Sunday.

Give it time.

surlaroute

Quote from: lucgeo on 29-07-18, 08:02PM
So how many of us have contacted the papers, news channels etc to ask them to highlight this???

I had a twitter thread* written and ready to post on wednesday night (summarising most of what I've written here) when the payslips went up but I kinda chickened out, cos I'm officially involved in the Leigh Day case, feels like I should be careful what I say under my real name** as that long game is worth a lot more than this. But I keep trying to edit it down and remove the angrier/more libellous aspects. There have been people saying stuff about it on Twitter though, and I've favourited every one I've seen, just keep making noise in whatever way you can as long as it's safe, even if you feel like you're repeating yourself or someone tells you you are, until this is fixed, keep on.

(*I don't have a huge amount of followers but I have a handful of big ones and was basically gonna appeal to everyone and maybe even @ a few other accounts that have previously interacted me like if you ever RT anything of mine RT this)

(**and I wouldn't post what I've written under an anonymous name before you ask because I think that would be a waste.)

MachiavelliQ

Quote from: sfo on 29-07-18, 08:42PM
Had a bit of sciatica and recently kicked off about the pay cut so probably wasn't going to go down well lwhen I got a migraine yesterday
Well you can always do what a bloke in our store did. He was called in for the same reason, brought him in for his final meeting and the bloke turned around and said if he comes in and faints on the floor he will sue them. Went sick again the next day with no repercussions....Sue seems to be a magical word.

TryDoingMyShift2015

I would/will be very surprised if any Newspaper published an in depth article about how we have been given this pay cut or any other major negative articles because of the amount of money that is spent on advertising in them!

TryDoingMyShift2015

Oh the Irony - got this from USDAW recently - bit late for those of us you didn't help.

Cost of Living Survey
Dear Member,

From the conversations I've had with Usdaw members up and down the country, I know that many are struggling to make ends meet. Significant price rises in essential items such as energy, food and rent have made it increasingly difficult for a lot of households to keep on top of their finances.

Usdaw plans to run a campaign for:

•  Minimum pay of £10 per hour
•  Minimum contracts of 16 hours, for those who want them
•  The right to an employment contract that reflects your normal hours of work

To assist us in shaping the most effective campaign, we need to hear your views and experiences.

Hammer10

his scots tie

USDAW campaigning for £10 per hour? They cant even negotiate you not having to have a 5 month pay cut!!!!

JL

They couldn't even negotiate some of us being allowed to stay on the same wage for 5 month.

Rebeljouster

Well i know in our store that all the managers are getting money ranging from £300 to £1000, they say it is cos they were not told about the changes, even thought they told us. Nearly everyone in our store can not work out how they think we are better off, total rip off Tesco

bugsbunny

Yep same in my store. Why is it all the managers getting it are
Managers having it calculated a different way to us?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk