News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 01:54PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 534
Total: 536

What changes will January bring

Started by newdawnrising, 08-01-24, 01:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfashionedplayer

well if they wanna offer us redundancy for the changes then they can have a whole new twilight lol. cause know non of ours will stay.

Sherwoodforest

Continued recruitment has no bearing on any changes for nights,any new starters would probably just take a twilight job anyway
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

kaled78

we had someone given the bakery managers job 2 months before the role got axed,they were given the choice to step down to shift leader or take redundancy,they took the money and ran

ExSMfloor

From 1st April all salaried colleagues can now buy an extra weeks holiday - update this week on SM's comms. Nothing for hourly paid

Sherwoodforest

@exsmfloor is that not just the same as taking week off unpaid?tesco creating 2 tier working conditions again like the 4 day night manager trials for work life balance!!
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Manfrommars

Our store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already

Morrissey1912

Won't be long now till we know the changes.Sometime this morning

fatlad

What's being announced this morning?

fatlad

Seems to me the morning has gone by with no announcement. More speculation from Morrissey1912  8-)

jonty

I thought it was usually the last Tuesday of January when they drop their bombshells?

Biscuit tin

It's usually in the early hours of the morning via a 'leak' to the papers.

Morris999

Only thing that's been announced today is the increase to TM's holiday allowance if served under 5 years and the ability to buy upto an extra week per year!
It works by having a window to buy the extra hours, the cost is then spread over the 12 months instead of the month you take it!
It states that if it takes you under the minimum wage then it will be declined, probably why it's not been offered to CA's.

WAGs

Quote from: Manfrommars on 17-01-24, 06:48AMOur store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already
What do you mean by preempted ours already?  Also why do you think Wage Clerk's now?

Manfrommars

They told us they have spoken to the wages clerk to give them a heads up they might be going maybe it's more of a reduction in hours rather than the job going

fatlad

Might and maybe seem to be the words of the day 8-)

Jim hensons puppet

Well I work at Tesco DC Dolphin park Thurrock in Essex, and on Monday was given a severance package to look at.

I have been there quite a few years and they now want all staff on there new contracts, so everyone is on the same terms and conditions.

Over a year ago they offered to buy my pre 2010 contract from me for around £4k I and nearly everyone else on the old contract refused.

I have only until the 16th February to decide if I stay at Tesco on the old contract or take the money.

The offer is pretty good but I am on roughly £16 an hour and jobs out there around my area are £11-£14 an hour, So instant pay cut, loss of holidays as I get 40, I will be a new starter.

The other issue I have is I am on support plan and any job I take I will be at a disadvantage.

I have the feeling they are going to get nasty later on if I don't take the offer, they want old staff especially those that cannot do all the skills gone.

I am very worried and I am not sure what to do.

I have had a manager hint that they are looking at support plans and that the job may not be there for me in the future.

Do I leave and take my chances, I know the pay off will nearly clear my mortgage but I will be worse off financially and who knows if I will get a job that easy and will I survive if I cannot hit performance there.

Or stay and hope I can ride the storm of constant meetings occupational health and doctors notes.

Just so confused at the moment.

Any good advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

oldfashionedplayer

If you stay, document everything, past stuff as best as you can remember but going forward any meetings, run-in's etc, note it all down of the who, when, where, if you do that, and describe in detail preferably as soon as it happens, it'd be contemporaranous notes which can be used as as evidence in an employment tribunal if needed, especially if they try to force you out cause of age or bully etc.. Be a nice and quick payout.

rupert7

only you can make your mind up, i know what your going through , as i was made redundant in 2014 when we night workers lost our jobs in tesco stores, i took the money and ran, back on nights working for tesco, for how long is any ones guess,in your case you have to take into account your work plan? good luck.take a rep with you,

grim up north

Quote from: Jim hensons puppet on 18-01-24, 11:52AMWell I work at Tesco DC Dolphin park Thurrock in Essex, and on Monday was given a severance package to look at.

I have been there quite a few years and they now want all staff on there new contracts, so everyone is on the same terms and conditions.

Over a year ago they offered to buy my pre 2010 contract from me for around £4k I and nearly everyone else on the old contract refused.

I have only until the 16th February to decide if I stay at Tesco on the old contract or take the money.

The offer is pretty good but I am on roughly £16 an hour and jobs out there around my area are £11-£14 an hour, So instant pay cut, loss of holidays as I get 40, I will be a new starter.

The other issue I have is I am on support plan and any job I take I will be at a disadvantage.

I have the feeling they are going to get nasty later on if I don't take the offer, they want old staff especially those that cannot do all the skills gone.

I am very worried and I am not sure what to do.

I have had a manager hint that they are looking at support plans and that the job may not be there for me in the future.

Do I leave and take my chances, I know the pay off will nearly clear my mortgage but I will be worse off financially and who knows if I will get a job that easy and will I survive if I cannot hit performance there.

Or stay and hope I can ride the storm of constant meetings occupational health and doctors notes.

Just so confused at the moment.

Any good advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
People at my DC were offered about £900 to switch, and a good few took it. I think you may be right about the support plans, they might want rid of people on those. If you not on one, you could take the payment, have a years hols, then go back

Jim hensons puppet

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 18-01-24, 12:46PMIf you stay, document everything, past stuff as best as you can remember but going forward any meetings, run-in's etc, note it all down of the who, when, where, if you do that, and describe in detail preferably as soon as it happens, it'd be contemporaranous notes which can be used as as evidence in an employment tribunal if needed, especially if they try to force you out cause of age or bully etc.. Be a nice and quick payout.
That is good advice if I stay I will definitely do that thank you.
Quote from: rupert7 on 18-01-24, 12:59PMonly you can make your mind up, i know what your going through , as i was made redundant in 2014 when we night workers lost our jobs in tesco stores, i took the money and ran, back on nights working for tesco, for how long is any ones guess,in your case you have to take into account your work plan? good luck.take a rep with you,
Yes I have a lot of thinking to do.
Quote from: grim up north on 18-01-24, 02:31PMPeople at my DC were offered about £900 to switch, and a good few took it. I think you may be right about the support plans, they might want rid of people on those. If you not on one, you could take the payment, have a years hols, then go back
£900 that's a very small amount surprised they all took that! Yeah I could re-apply next year but I couldn't hit the performance before and as a new starter with age against me its a no no going back to them.

Paupers wage

Take the money and run no looking back it's Yesterdays job don't be a person who misses the job more than the job misses them

Checkout Superstar

Just in terms of Extras:

I sadly think bakers will be culled. Everything will come in part baked.

Grocery Nights fill going to twilights I've always thought was sensible and the blue print is there in BWS which proved to be successful switch.

Fresh fill wouldn't be so easy to move because of delivery times so I think Dairy/Produce/Bread nights would be left alone.

Quote from: Manfrommars on 17-01-24, 06:48AMOur store manager mentioned that he thinks wages clerks may go this time they have preempted ours already
Wage clerks will never go in Extras. I can 100% say that with ease. The sheer volume of 300 staff would be make a nightmare otherwise. Look at Christmas when they removed some access from them then 72 hours later had to give it back because there was chaos. That alone probably saved their job for another year. 

Hammer10

Don't know what your talking about scratch bakery draws in customers if they scrap it many of our customers would go elsewhere the s**t they call bake-off is not fit for the birds hotcross and soft roll which is made in store draws customers in it's not even Easter and we sold over a thousand packs this week a lot of hard work went into them it might not sound a lot in money terms but it was bloody hard graft considering we had bods on holiday.I will wait and see so stop speculating unless you definitely know what is happening .People need their jobs .

Biscuit tin

Scratch bakeries have been on borrowed time for several years. The writing was on the wall 4 years ago when the lucky ones took the money and ran  (-*-)

filling-machine

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 21-01-24, 04:39PMJust in terms of Extras:

I sadly think bakers will be culled. Everything will come in part baked.

Grocery Nights fill going to twilights I've always thought was sensible and the blue print is there in BWS which proved to be successful switch.

Fresh fill wouldn't be so easy to move because of delivery times so I think Dairy/Produce/Bread nights would be left alone.

Wage clerks will never go in Extras. I can 100% say that with ease. The sheer volume of 300 staff would be make a nightmare otherwise. Look at Christmas when they removed some access from them then 72 hours later had to give it back because there was chaos. That alone probably saved their job for another year. 
I'd love to know where BWS switch has been a success - every single store I know of still leans heavily on nights to deliver booze fill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk