News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

08-05-24, 12:40PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,483
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 214
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 212
Total: 216

Pay review 2021

Started by Witch69, 21-07-20, 09:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

You strip the number of CAs to Aldi levels without a pay rise guess what will happen..
They'll all jump ship to Aldi/Lidl.

overworkedexpresslad

So what is everyone's thoughts on this years pay review.. I'm thinking that this is the year that we say bye bye to any premiums on a sunday.... Flat rate of pay. also wont be paid untill at least end of October/November. CA'S pay up to  £9.85 followed by more next year. shift leader in express should and hopefully will be more than that of a shift leader in superstore/extra. what ever we gain we will lose in the other. what are you all thinking?

fatboy

I think £9.50 to match Sainsburys & premiums left alone for this year.

BarryZola

I would hazard a guess at something like £9.90 but they will put it up in increments slowly so that you only actually start getting the headline figure in about 2 years once the minimum wage has almost caught it up. Anything like that and I'm out sooner rather than later.

NightAndDay

Currently as things stand, Tescos's Sunday premium is it's USP in terms of pay, competitors offer a bank holiday premium so there's nothing special there.

Before Drastic Dave took the helm Tesco was top dog in terms of staff remuneration (excluding the discounters), now they're gradually losing places to the likes of Morrisons and Sainsburys, won't be long before Asda takes over, I also believe Sainsburys does have a bonus scheme for their GAs, something which Tesco does not, that's along with a higher basic pay.

A 4S CTM I know got a 12% bonus from Sainsburys which is much more than what Tesco gives their managers.

I think as cost cutting still is the strategy, I think new pay rate will go to £9.47 and night premiums up by 5p per hour.

penguin

Cost cutting is one of the many reasons increasing numbers of people are finding new jobs and telling Tesco to stick it, as others say go back ten or more years and the pay and benefits even for a GA would take some beating given it was basically an entry level job, now you can do far better in other retailers or by working at the local Amazon wearhouse etc. I was a GA until September last year, now I earn £12 per hour, plus monthly bonus depending on how the company does and weekends are optional, but pay £16 per hour, and I was told going to work in a factory was "a great big step down the ladder" by my ex store manager. Plus I now have the chance after 12 months to undertake training to move on to more advanced and of course better paying roles in the production side of the company, I should also point out I had never worked in a factory before and have no qualifications apart from what I left school at 16 with many years back, better is out there and Tesco wonder why its hard to retain staff in stores.

Whatever the pay increase gives Tesco will spin it out likes it amazing and you will not find anything better, the truth is you will find better either in other retailers or if you prefer a change of job full stop.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Not sure how a job can be a "great big step down the ladder" from a job that pays pennies above minimum wage. Yet another comment from a thicko store manager, wouldn't be surprised if he/she didn't have GCSEs.

Voulezvous

Anyone any update on todays pay review?

fatboy

Not announced yet, prob keep us waiting ill the end of the week

forrestgimp

We wont get one and they will blame coronavirus.

Mickymouse1962

Call me

NightAndDay

Quote from: forrestgimp on 07-06-21, 11:44AM
We wont get one and they will blame coronavirus.

Every other supermarket is giving a raise, Tesco would have a PR nightmare if they didn't, also it would mean even more would jump ship, something Tesco has a growing problem with already.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Maybe Tesco don't care if people jump ship.

Mickymouse1962

BUY TESLA STOCK

9.55 for the cleaner?

Tinkerbell1975

What is new shift leader rate please?

Aunt sally

Its gone up 25p an hour so indeed it is 9.55 an hour

fatboy

Where is this info coming from?

btblackbird

When is pay rise effective from?

fatboy

No one saying where the info has come from?

Aunt sally

fatboy

Any changes to skills payments?

barafear

So the only change is 25p per hour increase?

They've abandoned their policy of two-year deals?

Presumably this 25p increase will not be implemented until later (much later) in the year?

How long (how many meetings etc.) did it take Usdaw (focus group of reps) and Tesco to come to this exciting conclusion?

2.69% pay increase.

Captain001

I think it be spread over 2 years and this year it will go up to 9.50 p/h,going to 9.80 over the two years

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk