News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:46PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 283
Total: 288

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris9997

For all the keeping an eye on staff and procedures being followed thieves still seem to think that supermarkets are an easy target.

King1999

Just another Lewis legacy of treating the workers like s***.

Fixxer

Quote from: chris9997 on 22-10-20, 03:37PM
For all the keeping an eye on staff and procedures being followed thieves still seem to think that supermarkets are an easy target.

Of course they are.
Last night we had a elderly couple walk out the store with an average shop (paid for) but all the meat not paid for. The managers on self serve knew it, the store security (Tesco employee) challenged them as did the managers there but they walked right past them without saying a word.
About £60 worth of meat straight out the door. Tesco policy makes it too easy for someone challenging them or trying to stop them leaving the store to be the wrongdoer. Info taken down, reported to police etc but what's going to happen? nothing.

Jellyfish4

Unfortunately the camera would not pick up pro slackers like the b***bag in my store who acts like she is a manager but is just a fresh colleague. Often runs round telling everyone what to do and telling managers people are not working hard enough. And the simpletons eat it up whilst she ironically does no work. Even if the hub caught her she would get off with it as she's a class A a** kisser  :-X

Quote from: spike_pkh on 15-08-19, 03:27AM
Its about time people were a bit scared that they will be caught slacking off or breaking policy.. might actually get some productivity now

NightAndDay

Even the managers are simpletons, it's a job with some requirements that actual managers do, but held by people that aren't up to standard (in most cases), the managerial brown nosers in my experience get stuck in their pseudo-pseudo managerial positions (acting like the person who holds a position with the title "manager" in it when the role and the person doesn't fully meet the role of an actual manager), in most cases their personalities and poor life choices catch up with them and they end up with kids not knowing who the dad is and becoming part time lifers.

VladPutin

Quote from: chris9997 on 22-10-20, 03:37PM

They are. Tesco policy states that staff should not put themselves at risk. Do not chase a thief, or try to physically prevent them from leaving the store. All the thief has to worry about is being caught on camera and the footage being passed to the police. Who will treat it as a low priority. Unless there are special circumstances, for example a shoplifter who is on bail and who's conditions include being banned from Tesco stores, they will only get a slap on the wrist.

BUY TESLA STOCK

And with the poor quality cameras, a guard who can’t even work the system, some inexperienced managers, career criminals and face masks the new norm what is the chances of getting caught.

newguy20

why bother challenging shoplifters... a few weeks ago I stopped two totalling £800. didn't put myself in a dangerous situation as they were professional blaggers who dump the stuff and run rather than the hoodie knife brigade... did anybody from management even acknowledge it? nah. not looking for praise or anything but it would have been nice for somebody to have said something. next time no point i'll just let it go

Quote from: NightAndDay on 21-11-20, 12:06PM
Even the managers are simpletons, it's a job with some requirements that actual managers do, but held by people that aren't up to standard (in most cases), the managerial brown nosers in my experience get stuck in their pseudo-pseudo managerial positions (acting like the person who holds a position with the title "manager" in it when the role and the person doesn't fully meet the role of an actual manager), in most cases their personalities and poor life choices catch up with them and they end up with kids not knowing who the dad is and becoming part time lifers.

i don't really understand a lot of the managers in my store, most of the time i see the fresh/gm/clothing managers filling shelves, rather than actually managing... as to personell and pay issues i get more luck out of looking on here or just looking it up for myself on stores help centre etc...

VladPutin

Quote from: Etoro on 21-11-20, 09:16PM
And with the poor quality cameras, a guard who can’t even work the system, some inexperienced managers, career criminals and face masks the new norm what is the chances of getting caught.

If you even have guards in the first place. My store doesn't.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Jellyfish4 on 21-11-20, 02:44AM
Unfortunately the camera would not pick up pro slackers like the b***bag in my store who acts like she is a manager but is just a fresh colleague. Often runs round telling everyone what to do and telling managers people are not working hard enough. And the simpletons eat it up whilst she ironically does no work. Even if the hub caught her she would get off with it as she's a class A a** kisser  :-X

Quote from: spike_pkh on 15-08-19, 03:27AM
Its about time people were a bit scared that they will be caught slacking off or breaking policy.. might actually get some productivity now

They did everything by the book. Policy states that even if you have evidence in the form of SCONE the most you are allowed to do is ask them for the items back if they hand it back great if not you let them leave with the items. Now I am saying the policy is right or wrong but thats what it is and we as employees have to accept that and move on, If you are unable to do that then perhaps Tesco is not the retail employee for you.

Its not for us to call out the people following policy and yes theives know all about it but there it is.

Quote from: NightAndDay on 21-11-20, 12:06PM

That is not what the system is for and I posted the policy that specificaly states that, as for the rest of your patronising garbage One wonders at your life choices to have such high morals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk