Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:03PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 305
Total: 310

How long is a disciplinary/dismissal process really meant to take?

Started by ducksquad99, 31-12-17, 04:38PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BounceyBall

Yep I got the names these allegations are truly false

BounceyBall

It's basically 1 person being influenced by 2 other witnesses

StoreManager

[admin]Please make your posts more relevant to the topics you are posting in. Nomad[/admin]

BounceyBall

I need some help guys. What happens if they have 3 witness statements and no evidance can I still get dismissed

NightAndDay

If the allegations are surrounding the texts you made in a group chat, then the evidence is self preserved the witness statements are pointless, furthermore if the "witnesses" are the members of the group chat, then they're thick as pig muck as they're also implicating themselves which means the investigation manager has to either raise it to a group investigation or drop it completely.

BounceyBall

I've been interviewed for about a good 2 hours and then they re-suspended me until Tuesday for the interview to continue, are they allowed to do that spend so long on the interview ?

NightAndDay

StoreManager

Spending 2 hours interviewing you seems ott. From what you say the case seem straight forward as does any evidence. Prolonging it further doesn't seem fair for those concerned (you). How are you the only one being investigated I would be asking when you say others were having having a go at her.

Preacherpauly

Quote from: BounceyBall on 15-06-19, 08:56PM
I need some help guys. What happens if they have 3 witness statements and no evidance can I still get dismissed

Are you being truthful about its only been text messages? What are all 3 saying you did? Have you been saying things to her at work away as well as the messages?

For them to be taking so long then maybe its something more, as you said it was only a group whatapp chat and surely they have seen the messages of her lol replies as you say.

Tinkerbell1975

After some clarification on the dismissal process please. If a manager from another store is brought in to make the meeting "impartial", should the note taker also come from another store? Especially if the end result of meeting is dismissal from company? Any thoughts welcome.

lordadmiral

Note taker can be local his/her presence its just to write down what is said not to judge you.

Redshoes

As above, note taker does not take an active role in decisions. Is only to take notes. However, it might have been better but falls within nice to have and not must.

penguin

No as the note taker should not be taking any part in the meeting, other than of course writing notes. The only exception is the note taker can ask someone to repeat themselves if they need to clarify what had just been said, to ensure the notes are correct.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Jobless

Quote from: Preacherpauly on 17-06-19, 10:13PM
Quote from: BounceyBall on 15-06-19, 08:56PM

Are you being truthful about its only been text messages? What are all 3 saying you did? Have you been saying things to her at work away as well as the messages?

For them to be taking so long then maybe its something more, as you said it was only a group whatapp chat and surely they have seen the messages of her lol replies as you say.

They could have 3000 witness statements the chances are none of the stories will be consistent, some will be part truth and tale and some will contain inappropriate a biased content. Yes the SM could sack you by rational but the chances are a lawyer would consider it unfair dismisal. My rational is those conducting the dsciplinary should be disciplined for taking all this time. Why would you give a manager a witness statement against another collegue anyway. Do some work and go home!

NightAndDay

As said earlier, if the witnesses were part of the misconduct then the SM will either have to do a group disciplinary or drop the investigation, one of the defining situations of unfair dismissal is being sacked for something that others have taken part in and have not received equivalent treatment, either the punishment is equal or it's unfair. (Not taking into account disciplinary record).

Biglove

Hi does anyone have a link to an upto date version of the disciplinary procedure? Please

Redshoes

Everybody does, al under colleague help. There is a lot of stuff available, you will have to narrow it down a bit.

horatiocain

14 days, and you can't see it because it's only written in the partnership agreement, which you are free to ask for a copy of, but good luck getting a full copy.

The policy only states a reasonable time, which considering tesco managers reasonable that could be a decade.

Darkjester19951

Sorry to revive but just wondering is it acceptable for a stores cash admin colleague to hand deliver a invite to disciplinary to my address?

lucgeo

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

genome

absolutrly not, also gdpr with them being given your address

Darkjester19951

anyone got a link to policy maybe? just want to provide some cover for myself in the meeting that i am not going to attend due to it not being during my scheduled hours which by the look of things is also not policy.

Sherwoodforest

@darkjester all policies are on our tesco,under colleague help,,never heard of meetings being done on unscheduled shifts before as you may have other obligations elsewere,but you should ring number(usually provided) of non attendance,under data protection law im not sure giving a colleague your address to deliver a letter is acceptable anymore,letter should state facts on it around disciplanary i think
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk