Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:05PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 302
Total: 304

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redshoes

Quote from: sunshineman on 26-04-20, 10:25PM
if you have been told to take 12 weeks off, do you get full pay or 80% my wife has not been told. She was told that she was not allowed to return to work for 12 weeks. Also, what happens if the government extend the 12 weeks. She is very worried about her job.

It full pay. You get 12 weeks and out of that two of them will be holiday. It does not matter when you went into the 12 weeks, there are two return dates. First date is back at wirk 12th June. Second date is if you have had a letter and if you have it's the date in the letter.
Who knows is it will be extended. I suspect that those shielding won't be back but some of the vulnerable will. We have vulnerable colleague wanting to come back now. They are not being forced, they have been advised to take the time but they want to come back. They are saying with the screens at checkouts, PFS and CSD and all the other measures in the store things are not as they were. They just want to be back. Anyone vulnerable who has chosen to stay in work or now is pushing to come back has to sign a "wish to continue working" form.
I understand that it's not like getting time off where you can go out and about and see people. It's time off but stay at home. This is hard for some and that when flat out in work it's hard to relate to someone who is complaining about staying home. I also get the team spirit side of it when someone wants to help, play a part. My only thing is that so far we have had people off with symptoms, we have had domestic symptoms. We have had people who have so far think they have had a mild dose but recovered. We know of people who have not recovered though, we have just not had that in the store and I don't want to now see this happen because these vulnerable people come back because they are bored.
From reading on here I don't think our store has the problems of some other stores. Our problem is keeping the people who should not be in work off, to keep them safe. We have been told of a customer who has tested positive with no symptoms. You can't protect a vulnerable person from this unless they stay home, even then it is just best chance.

danielj

Does anyone know what would happen at the end of the 12 week period if this is still raging on? Who would decide its safe for colleagues to return who have been off isolating.

Morris999

Tesco are currently in talks with the Union as how best to proceed.
With the Government now saying those in the highest risk category( those who have had the shielding letter from the NHS) are to shield till the 30th June.

All colleagues who are 12 week self-isolating, as it stands are due back from the 12th June.
Stores have been told not to contact colleagues until talks have finished with the Union regarding return dates.

If current government advice stands, then it will probably be a staggered return for the 12 week colleagues.
Those in the highest risk category staying off until the government says to return( what pay will look like, is still being looked at), all other colleagues back from 12th June.

Until the Tesco/Union talks are finished everything is just guess work and speculation.
However the Government advice could change at any time, which will probably then delay Tesco’s decision while they digest the new advice.

What we need to remember is that the lockdown was to protect the NHS and give the government time to build capacity in the NHS to cope with large cases of the virus.
Once the government is confident that they have achieved this, expect most if not all businesses and colleagues to be open at back at work.

Welshie

I think in light of some recent statistics it could be a while before some are back . 25% of all covid 19 deaths were people who had diabetes,  15% had chronic kidney disease and 14% had chronic pulmonary disease,  now there would be a certain amount of overlap there . Diabetics are more likely to suffer kidney disease for instance but I cant see these people being rushed back to work . Dont know what they would do about paying them though . They do seem to be making a very distinct difference now between the vulnerable and the high risk vulnerable which they didnt seem to mention at first .

dotnochance

I think everyone one the (clinically vulnerable) list will 100% will be back after the 12 weeks since government advice is “This means you should stay at home as much as possible. But you can go out to work (if you cannot work from home)”
clinically extremely vulnerable is another matter no idea about them returning
I would be classed as clinically vulnerable borderline since I get severe chest infections and have had multiple steroid courses over the last year To manage both, but I’m 100% sure I’ll be coming back on June 12th, I’m just hoping that there’s no second wave since with lockdown coming to and end second wave should appear around the time we come back

Jonathan1970

Think it will be hard for them to sort out who stays off because most diabetics I know didn't get the letter so they will be back on 12th June, but they seem to be more at risk then the shielding group.

fluffymum

Quote from: Yorkshire lad on 29-03-20, 07:54PM
What about us that have kept working and Tesco going over all these weeks?
We have older or younger loved ones!
There are DEfINATLY p**s takers taking advantage of the situation!!! Hashtag ANGRY!

If the government has deemed someone high risk, they have been sent a letter. I think they are not taking the p**s lovely. Yes staff at work are at risk (massive risk) however don't you think if I could be at work I would? I have begged my SM to let me back and he point blank refused.
Thank god he did as one of my collegues is in a coma due to corna

NightAndDay

I wouldn't fight amongst yourselves, even the alleged p**s takers might not be taking the p**s, if you think people taking advantage of the covid sick pay is taking the p**s I'd want to know what you think of Dave Lewis's salary.

Redshoes

We don't know each other's medical history and this is as it should be as it's the most private and personal information. We therefore and not in a position to judge. Things like diabetes, asthma etc are hidden. Shielded and vulnerable are different but both qualify if have health issues on the list. You may think someone looks healthy but you just have not seen them take the inhaler or know of them having chest infections. Because you don't know it does not mean it does not happen.

segafan

Anyone heard anymore news? I’ve had a txt from the government to stay shielding until the 30th June but obviously my Tesco 12 week shielding period ends 11 June.
I keep checking Ourtesco and no one at work has bothered to check how I am or give me updated info.

dotnochance

I think we’ve been just quietly forgotten about, I mean my manager hasn’t been In contact with me since erm beginning of ApriL,(In fact none of the 12 week staff in my store has been) I feel the vulnerable have generally been forgotten about and abandoned

Sarah106

I had a call from a manager last week just confirming what I was off with and another call this week. They were categorising people as 1 or 2 category 2 are due to start back on 11th June and category 1 will be staying off. I think it depends on whether you are vunerable or shielding but you should have heard from a manager by now

Interstellar

I'm a little confused over holidays for vulnerable staff. I understand that 2 weeks of the 12 weeks will be classed as holiday. If I have one week holiday pre-booked in the 12 weeks do I then use up 3 weeks of my entitlement or are the 2 weeks coded differently.

Sarah106

The week you have pre-booked will be counted as 1 of the 2 weeks don't know about the coding as I also had a week already booked but it hasn't been taken off of my holidays on my paysliip

Redshoes

You need to have taken two weeks in total but if you happened to have more than two weeks booked they will stand.
They could have moved your holidays, put two weeks together. Our store has put BH in for the ones that have come up during the twelve weeks. If your store has done this it could have moved your dates to flow after the BH days.
You could ask for a copy of your holidays. For clarity my store sorted the holidays and then sent out the updated holiday report to those off, in the post.

danielj

Bit of an update from me, Spoke to my manager this morning to check in as part of protocol. I went off on the 31st March for the 12 week isolation but she's told me im due back in work on the 14th June. This would put me at just over 10 weeks isolation, I already had a weeks holiday booked off during this isolation period but would i have another week taken off me? I'm not at the full 12 week isolation so I'm not sure what happens 🤔

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Interstellar on 30-05-20, 06:49PM
I'm a little confused over holidays for vulnerable staff. I understand that 2 weeks of the 12 weeks will be classed as holiday. If I have one week holiday pre-booked in the 12 weeks do I then use up 3 weeks of my entitlement or are the 2 weeks coded differently.

From how it's worded in the policy, as a benefit to staff your given 10 weeks of contractual pay and 2 weeks holiday pay, if you've got any holidays pre booked during this time then those will be added on.

Example that was given being that if you'd got 1 week booked during the 12 weeks off, you'd be paid 3 weeks holiday pay 9 weeks contractual pay since holiday pay should come out with basic or higher depending on your annual wage / 52 as of April.

There isn't anything about it that says it uses our holidays so I'd challenge that, since a lot that have had to take the isolation were forced into it, otherwise they'd be marked off sick on shifts they turned up to if they had a cold or cough etc.

Most colleagues are expected back between 11th and 14th, though if you went off a week or 2 after your still expected to also.. Even though they said 12 weeks.. So I'm not entirely sure with that, you'd be made to sign a form in return anyhow of declaration that your working whilst vulnerable in order to cover company backs.

Either way for me I'm taking what I booked. Wording means everything.

Redshoes

The 12 weeks ends on the 11th June so due back at work on first shift after that, but as far as I am aware we are still waiting for this to be confirmed. If shielded you are due back on the date as in the letter.
If you have been off for the full 12 weeks you need to use two weeks holiday within this period.
If you have been off for part of the 12 weeks, you need to go by the two week guideline and it's a percentage. His applies to those who went into isolation late. It's not 12 weeks from the time you went off. It's up to 12 weeks and ends on 11th June.
However, if you happen to have had pre booked holidays of more than two weeks within this period of time they stand.

Interstellar

This contradicts what Sarah106 has put on here. Who is correct?

Interstellar

Sorry Redshoes I misread your answer. Sarah106 is indeed correrct.

notsofunny

Quote from: segafan on 30-05-20, 01:50AM
Anyone heard anymore news? I’ve had a txt from the government to stay shielding until the 30th June but obviously my Tesco 12 week shielding period ends 11 June.
I keep checking Ourtesco and no one at work has bothered to check how I am or give me updated info.

A few old friends from Tesco that got the Shielding letter have also got the Text saying to shield till the 30th June , So that's what you should follow to be safe ,  whether Tesco decide to pay you for it or not has of yet not been announced , 

Those that got classed as Vulnerable will be Expected to return back to work on the 11th as you have said  or next day they work , Remember that those that did go off during the 12 weeks since they had someone at home that was Shielding should also be back at work ,

One thing I have also heard is that they will expect to see the First letter with the word Shielding on it when you do get back to work ,

Some staff have been showing texts saying to Shield which they say that they got at the start of the lockdown  I have been told that they will not accept this since everyone should have a letter , If you did not get a letter You can ask your doctor who will or should have a copy on his/her record ,

I don't work for Tesco anymore , but what I have said is after talking directly with those that still do including Mangers , Just hope that helps ,

Morris999

Having a Shielding txt doesn’t actually mean anything.
I have 2 colleagues in my store, both have received the Shielding txts but not received any shielding letter!
They have both contacted their GPs and Consultants and have both been told that they do not fall into the shielding category, so they will not be issued with a shielding letter!
Apparently the GP and Consultant are going on current NHS England guidelines for there conditions & medications.
Yet they are constantly receiving these shielding txts and even had phone calls from the government shielding team!
To say they are confused about what’s going on is an understatement!
Do they follow there GP’s/Consultants advice or follow someone who has no medical training sending texts out!

Either way they have both been told they can have as long as they feel they need, whether they will be paid past the 11th June is still up in the air, as Tesco hasn’t released/decided yet what they are going to do with the them.

notsofunny

Like I think I said its if you got the Shielding letter at the start of the lockdown and then the  text  about 3 weeks ago  to say you should Shield till the 30th june which is the link , The Letter with the old date and the text with the new date is what counts , and this is what the GPs are also advising ,

Garysmith123

So Tesco have decided that anyone who has been given the 12 weeks isolate as vulnerable have to return to work on the 11th June. This counts even if you have only had 8 weeks and everyone is losing 2 weeks holiday. How can this be fair if you haven’t had the 12 weeks you shouldn’t have to use 2 weeks holiday  >:D >:D

oldfashionedplayer

You don't use 2 weeks holiday, it says they will pay holiday pay and basic pay doesn't say anything about our own, only that if we have any of our own they replace basic pay, so if you've got 1 week in April, 2 in May and 1 at start of June for example, you'd be paid 6 weeks holiday pay 6 weeks basic pay and should be coded as using 4 weeks holiday not 6 since the initial 2 are offered by tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk