Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 04:51AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 610
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 538
Total: 539

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick123

the amended people policy has now been updated again on the website so it's all there

expressman77

Nick123
just found it
thank you so much for your help ,
keep safe

nick123

no worries.... doesn't really answer the question of what happens in those two weeks though... paid? unpaid? holiday?

Jonathan1970

Wheres it say about return and signing declaration on 12th or stay off and see occupational health.

BadHairDay

Hi, just had a phone call off my manager telling me I could return to work on the 12th of June  if I sign a disclaimer stating that I accept any risks concerning my medical concerns. I declined and he told me that I would be accepted back to work on the 29th of June. Will I be penalised for not signing the disclaimer form. I was prepared to return to work on the 12th of June but had a bad feeling about the disclaimer. If it is save for me to go back to work, why would I need to sign any forms?

Hammer10

So still over 300 people dying every day yet no  brain Tesco have said it is ok for those who have been off for 12 weeks to go back to work .So what happens then if one of those poor souls goes back to work and gets the virus and dies .It is not right that they should be put under so much stress ,also now they are going to revert to company sickness policies total and utter rubbish they should wait until it is virtually zero before changing the rules.

nick123

@badhairday are the two weeks paid or unpaid?

notsofunny

If they are going to revert to company sick pay , that should mean that after you have used your entitlement , you would fall back on the SSP sick rate of pay , which in turn would mean that the next time you go off sick for what ever other reason you will not have any company sick pay to fall back on  that's how I read the situation ,

also in case any of you have a policy that covers your loss of wages I would think you would need to see if they will pay out if you fell sick after sighing the Paper they want you to sigh ,

Another worrying thing is , If you have a pension ( Tesco )which pays out death in service , would that be effected if you sigh ?

notsofunny

[/quote]
Quote from: Hammer10 on 05-06-20, 04:09PM
So still over 300 people dying every day yet no  brain Tesco have said it is ok for those who have been off for 12 weeks to go back to work .So what happens then if one of those poor souls goes back to work and gets the virus and dies .It is not right that they should be put under so much stress ,also now they are going to revert to company sickness policies total and utter rubbish they should wait until it is virtually zero before changing the rules.

Tesco have said nothing they are leaving it up to you to decided all they are doing is saying that if you feel you can come back then do so , But yes they are saying that you will not be paid the way you have till now ,  (and this only effects those that have not got a Sheilding letter )

zbkids

It is paid as previous 12 weeks for those 2 weeks before the 29th

nick123

so sign letter waiving all rights and return on 11th or continue to be paid until 29th and have a full risk assessment... who on earth would go back on the 11th?

T.C.1

It's in the small print of the new policy, if you do decide to go back on the 11th and sign that document it will be a very grey area if you catch the virus. The Tesco poilcy says the 29th of June for return date remember managers cannot force you to go back on the 11th June.

xtrouble

Quote from: notsofunny on 05-06-20, 05:00PM

If they are going to revert to company sick pay , that should mean that after you have used your entitlement , you would fall back on the SSP sick rate of pay , which in turn would mean that the next time you go off sick for what ever other reason you will not have any company sick pay to fall back on  that's how I read the situation ,

also in case any of you have a policy that covers your loss of wages I would think you would need to see if they will pay out if you fell sick after sighing the Paper they want you to sigh ,

Another worrying thing is , If you have a pension ( Tesco )which pays out death in service , would that be effected if you sigh ?

It says in the policy document, that once CSP has been used up, it will be topped up by head office. I assumed from that, that it would be the equivalent of full pay for the duration of shielding. I may well be wrong of course.

T69

Any idea on how they distinguish between vunerable and extremely vunerable??

zbkids

Extremely vulnerable were advised by an nhs letter, the Clinically vulnerable did not receive a letter

T69

Thanks and I suppose those who got letter can’t go back at all?

notsofunny

Quote from: xtrouble on 05-06-20, 06:40PM
Quote from: notsofunny on 05-06-20, 05:00PM

It says in the policy document, that once CSP has been used up, it will be topped up by head office. I assumed from that, that it would be the equivalent of full pay for the duration of shielding. I may well be wrong of course.

This is for those that are to return on the 11th , vulnerable ,

For those that are shielding) , They will be paid in full one way or the other until the Government says shielding is to end , after the company sick pay ends they will get SSP and if the SSP is less than what they get as a normal pay , then the Company will top it up so they don't lose out ,

Only thing I don't understand is that why its made unfair for those that have saved up company sick pay over the years against those that don't have any sick pay to be used ,

zbkids

Quote from: T69 on 05-06-20, 07:12PM

I guess not but its being reviewed regulary

notsofunny

Quote from: T69 on 05-06-20, 07:12PM

If you got a letter from the NHS saying to shield then , you stay off work as long as the Government says so which I think at the moment is the 30th or any other dates they  give later on , and no they will not allow you to go back at all , someone has already asked them and they have been told NO even if they sigh a waver letter ,,

notsofunny

Quote from: T.C.1 on 05-06-20, 06:16PM
It's in the small print of the new policy, if you do decide to go back on the 11th and sign that document it will be a very grey area if you catch the virus. The Tesco poilcy says the 29th of June for return date remember managers cannot force you to go back on the 11th June.

They cant force you , But does it say they will pay you ? I am told it says you can return on the 11th , that is since that is what the Government says , has anyone been told what happens about the pay for those that are classed as Vulnerable ?

T.C.1

You will get paid up to the 29th then the most vulnerable will have to go on to company sick pay.

zbkids

Quote from: notsofunny on 05-06-20, 07:32PM

They cant force you , But does it say they will pay you ? I am told it says you can return on the 11th , that is since that is what the Government says , has anyone been told what happens about the pay for those that are classed as Vulnerable ?

They will pay you. Up untill the 29th, then use holidays, unpaid, depending on what the referral suggests

notsofunny

Thanks , someone asked me that so that's why I am asking ,

Does it say if the Most vulnerable if they don't have Company sick pay will get SSP and if so if that will be toped up ? after the 29th ?
Quote from: zbkids on 05-06-20, 07:54PM
Quote from: notsofunny on 05-06-20, 07:32PM

They will pay you. Up untill the 29th, then use holidays, unpaid, depending on what the referral suggests

Quote from: T.C.1 on 05-06-20, 07:40PM
You will get paid up to the 29th then the most vulnerable will have to go on to company sick pay.

Welshie

The wording is something like , if company all sick pay has be used , wages will be topped up by payroll . I dont remember anything in relation to ssp but could've forgotten.  As these are the most vulnerable colleagues there is a chance some could also be out of ssp but my reading was that all extremely vulnerable colleagues would get full pay , reviewed every 4 weeks . Probably in line with government guidelines

dotnochance

"sign a disclaimer stating that I accept any risks concerning my medical concerns" what happens if u dont sign but want to come back on the 12th?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk