News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 137
Total: 140

Cashless

Started by Nomad, 08-03-20, 09:28PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-8086183/Why-isnt-money-good-harsh-cashless-Tesco.html

QuoteFortunately, we are still a long way off from this supermarket utopia for retailers â€" who will be able to save money by not employing so many staff and not having to deal with cash and all its security issues.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

dizzy_1

My store is pretty much cashless now. The amount of stock walking out the door each day is unbelievable.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

Hammer10

Yes it may be declining how about everyone do it them decline to shop with them have they no brain people should have freedom of choice and use cash or card ,all they are doing are shooting themselves in the foot.

Nomad

I would always choose a shop that gives me the choice.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

penguin

I'm more than happy to pay via card or my phone but totally understand many people would rather pay in cash, and all shops should offer that option in my opinion, talk is the budget this year will include laws to protect the use of cash in society so we could see possible impacts on cashless shops and supermarkets coming soon.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

lucgeo

The thing is people who are on a restricted budget, and just want a lunch snack etc..should not be encouraged to use plastic, it's too easy to mount up and then they struggle to pay off the balance at the end of the month. I know, I've been there!
I once got finished after my trial period in a retail outlet, as I refused to ask people if they wanted a store card. These assistants get a monetary award for each customer they sign up  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

fatboy

If people are paying using their debit cards they wont be racking up a bill.

lucgeo

That's if they have enough funds in their accounts...how many times have people unexpectedly gone into an overdraft, especially now the overdraft charges are due to rise significantly! People on budgets tend to use cash, and keep the CC for back up, bit like using the cheques at the end of the month, in the old days!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk