News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:45PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 289
Total: 293

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUY TESLA STOCK

10k for a days work  :)

Nomad

https://www.investingcube.com/tesco-share-price-falls-as-more-scandals-make-the-news-ahead-of-shopping-season/

QuoteTesco share price fell this Thursday as the company battles scandal after scandal in a dramatically bad week for the UK retailer.

First, it was reported by a local news source that Peter Burrows, a builder living in Newport, Wales, found a poisonous weed in a Tesco coriander packet. He was said to have received a refund of £1 when he filed a complaint to the company.

But more damaging was yet another investigative report by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and Greenpeace Unearthed, which alleges that soya grown in heavily deforested areas of Brazil is being used to fatten chicken sold in stores of Tesco, Nando, MacDonald’s Asda and Lidl. Tesco share price is still reeling from allegations of selling merchandise produced using forced labour in Asia, as well as series of product recalls over the weekend.

Tesco fell 0.48% on the day and is down 2.15% on the week.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

notsofunny

The fall is in line with Sainsbury .Morrisons  and the FT 100 , so I don't think the weed had anything to do with it , Mind you it had been another type of weed i am sure Tesco would have sold out of all coriander packets  :D :D

lordadmiral

Well in 'the grocer' magazine they were saying that Tesco 'had over' suppliers again (well at least is the worst one) so we see some ranges pulled out again.

Every week some news here is the quote:
QuoteTesco has committed the most alleged GSCOP breaches in the past year, as the number of allegations against retailers has continued to rise in the pandemic.

The supermarket reported a 12% year-on-year increase in breaches alleged by its suppliers, showed a report by the British Brands Group (BBG), based on supermarkets’ code compliance reports for 2020.

Of the 45 cases at Tesco, 39 related to de-listings. Two had gone into formal dispute and five were unresolved.

Asda had the second highest number of alleged breaches, at 29, and Co-op was third with 27.

Overall, the number of alleged breaches at the supermarkets was up from 149 last year to 155.

The GCA has already admitted seeing a raft of products de-listed at short notice as supermarkets tried to cope with panic buying and huge shifts in consumer demand.

Overall, the report praised supermarkets for an overall improvement in transparency.

However, it was critical of Morrisons for its continued lack of transparency compared to other retailers.

Morrisons, which during the first lockdown was among retailers calling for the code’s de listing rules to be suspended, does not publicly report on alleged breaches of the code, unlike its rivals. “Morrisons is the outlier in not giving quantified information on alleged breaches, actual breaches or disputes,” says the report.

Tesco’s report said it had taken sweeping measures to comply with the code. “We have implemented various new and/or improved supplier-facing systems to improve transparency,” it said.

The GCA’s own annual supplier survey for 2020 showed the number of suppliers reporting issues under the code declined from 41% last year to 36% this year.

notsofunny

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13357749/tesco-business-rates-holiday-pay-back/

Seems tesco are going to hand back the rates money ,,, wonder if all the others will do the same  ,,

Nomad

Hand back rates money  :thumbup: now that I would applaud  8)

It begs the question why supermarkets (perhaps over a given size) were given the relief in the first place.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

notsofunny

Even the corner shops ,news agents , petrol stations ,post offices that stayed open got it , But what I would like to see is all the rest give the money back ,  lets see if the likes of Amazon ,aldi .lidl  and the others Give any thing back ,, Sainsbury's gave  a special dividend pay out last month on top of the normal one so if they paid back the rates money it would hurt them badly since i think that was about the value they made in extra profits ,, then the other fun one would be the new owners of Asda and Marks are not doing to well ,,  Call me a cynic but part of me makes me wonder if this move was a easy way to hurt the others with added free publicity  :D

grim up north

Quote from: Nomad on 02-12-20, 07:58PM
Hand back rates money  :thumbup: now that I would applaud  8)

It begs the question why supermarkets (perhaps over a given size) were given the relief in the first place.

Maybe because T* and the likes were told to keep open and selling food no matter what. No one knew how it would play out in March

Nomad

I think T* and the likes stayed open because they were told they could, not because they were told they had to.  H.M. Government had not bestow such powers on them selves.  Order shops closed, yes.  Order them open, no.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

grim up north

We were told we'd be at work no matter what, and if all else failed, the army would take over doing our jobs

Nomad

I was told I'd be 6' 1" and I'm 5' 9"  ;D  :P
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/18924597.tesco-hove-dead-pigeons-row-work-done-stop-roof-access/

QuoteHorrified customers said they saw the dead birds dangling above their head as they entered Tesco in Church Road, Hove, in August.

Pictures of the dead birds were shown on social media and activists from Brighton Animal Rights Collective staged a protest with signs saying “Tesco kills pigeons”.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

notsofunny

Why is it that they did not protest that Tesco kills , Lambs , cows , Goats , Fish , Chickens ,,,,,

Mind you its been years since I had a Pigeon Pie , wonder if anyone would buy them if Tesco had cleaned and packed them

notsofunny

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13430048/asda-close-stores-boxing-day-bonus/

Just had a few friends that work at Asda tell me that they wish Asda had told them this before and not a few weeks from x mass  ???

Nomad

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tesco-ireland-customers-noticing-subtle-23139071

QuoteFront-facing cameras are being trialled at self-service checkouts in some Irish Tesco stores.

The supermarket giant has rolled out the subtle new feature in six of its shops nationwide.

A spokesperson for the company said that the new feature is for customer security and are in line with GDPR guidelines.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco refuses to tell Perthshire OAP why he has been frozen out of his £14k bank account

QuoteA Perthshire pensioner has been frozen out of £14,000 from his Tesco Bank account in the run up to Christmas with the chain refusing to tell him why.

Allan Cosgrove, from the Coupar Angus area, hasn’t been able to access his money for nearly a fortnight after the banking arm of the supermarket giant locked him out of his two accounts on November 27.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

lordadmiral

Just been reading some news about tesco and found this.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-55331781
I seen a lot but being crushed by cage that is bad.
[admin]The above posted in 'Health & safety' on 17 December.[/admin]

And this.
https://www.kentlive.news/whats-on/shopping/government-announces-big-change-coming-4837413
Would be funny to see tesco buying ridiculous volumes only to cut price per unit and then stuck with all of itt ;D

Teddybonkers

"I seen a lot but being crushed by a cage is bad". Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. A cowboy operation - always has been, always will be. They make fantastic profits, yet run the stores like Del Boy Trotter would.

notsofunny

Healthy eating  ???

Most if not all buy one get one free BOGF have gone , as well as multibuy , wine multibuy is from my understanding already covered by unit pricing , One of the biggest multibuy offers we all have is meal deal and that should be covered by offering fruit as they already do  Have not seen sweets and so on at checkouts for some time , as to stocking things near the entrance all they will do is stock it away from them ,, seems the law change is a bit late , and I am not to sure how this new law will effect offers made to club card holders  ??? like Tesco have started to do ,

grim up north

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 30-12-20, 06:59PM
"I seen a lot but being crushed by a cage is bad". Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. A cowboy operation - always has been, always will be. They make fantastic profits, yet run the stores like Del Boy Trotter would.

Cages go over on people in my DC fairly regularly

grim up north

NightAndDay

Yep, they paid me £2,048  below the minimum wage over a 4 year period.

Call me

Dave Lewis knighted  after keeping shelves full during coved outbreak 😂😂😂😂😂😂

penguin

Keeping the shelves full, erm what about the in store staff and the distribution workers who actually kept them full, still no doubt it will be a good one to stick on his c.v when he is after another top job somewhere.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk