News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 08:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 162
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 151
Total: 156

Hero security guard.

Started by Faceandgo, 22-05-15, 06:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faceandgo

take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

OpShunned

Tesco Extra in Reading evacuated over one-man protest

A Tesco supermarket has been evacuated after a man climbed into the roof space inside the store.
The man, believed to be a former security guard, climbed on to the girders above the checkouts in Tesco Extra in Portman Road, Reading.
He is understood to be in a long-running dispute with the supermarket and its security firm, TSS.
Thames Valley Police said it was called to reports of a "fear for welfare of a man" and the store was closed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41600332

Not so sure this one is a 'Hero' but he's made his point ???

FatFraz

I noticed this story last night and posted under the "news articles" thread. Do we know yet what Tosco had to say about it at the end up?
With the constantly reducing hours and wages it wont be long before more are climbing the rafters. If the Booker deal doesn't go ahead there will be more again.

VladPutin

Quote from: OpShunned on 13-10-17, 07:32AM
Tesco Extra in Reading evacuated over one-man protest

A Tesco supermarket has been evacuated after a man climbed into the roof space inside the store.
The man, believed to be a former security guard, climbed on to the girders above the checkouts in Tesco Extra in Portman Road, Reading.
He is understood to be in a long-running dispute with the supermarket and its security firm, TSS.
Thames Valley Police said it was called to reports of a "fear for welfare of a man" and the store was closed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41600332

Not so sure this one is a 'Hero' but he's made his point ???

Lucky buggers! My store never gets evacuated!

No matter how many bomb threats I 'phone in... >:D

Equalizer87

Quote from: Openandhonest on 13-10-17, 09:57AM
I noticed this story last night and posted under the "news articles" thread. Do we know yet what Tosco had to say about it at the end up?
With the constantly reducing hours and wages it wont be long before more are climbing the rafters. If the Booker deal doesn't go ahead there will be more again.

Totally agree, if the deal fails it will open up a horrendous can can of worms.

I wonder how many others feel like this man does.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

fargone

If the man is innocent, then you would feel aggrieved.

OpShunned

He could be up there still.

Could someone pop along with a phone charger for him?

GHS orders still being picked while store is closed to the public😀

JL

Is the store open for business?

Maybe Tesco should have a payroll of people to climb the rafters in Aldi/Lidl.

captain

Tesco climbdown leads to this guy coming down, maybe another cockup

OpShunned

Security guard's Tesco Reading roof protest ends after 21 hours

He claimed he was falsely accused of stealing electrical goods worth £20,000 by the supermarket chain, which led to his sacking by security firm Total Security Services (TSS).

Mr Jammeh ended the protest after his wife told him he had received a letter from the supermarket saying the "circumstances of the situation" that led to his dismissal and protest would be "reviewed".

It added: "No formal proceedings involving yourself have been instigated which supports your view that you have been the subject of a significant injustice."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-41611688

He's on his way to hero status after all?

How much revenue has he cost the company?

Get a search warrant and rumble through store 'manager's garages. Check ebay for sales of electrical items from their paypal accounts?

Nomad

I for one would welcome any follow up information to this, and the eventual outcome for Mr Jammeh.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

fargone

I just think that the guy's been f**ked over.

Nomad

Agree.  Hoping to hear there's a good ending for him, top marks for his determination.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

OpShunned

https://www.jollofnews.com/2017/10/15/gambian-watchman-freed-with-20-fine/

QuoteA Gambian security guard wo was arrested on Friday for staging a 20-hour protest on the rafters of  a Tesco store in Reading, United Kingdom, has been ordered to pay £20 administration fine by a local magistrate.

Adama Jammeh, 45, appeared at Reading Magistrates' Court on Sat*rday, charged with aggravated trespassing, after his protest at Tesco Extra on Portman Road, forced the busy supermarket to shutdown for over 21 hours.

He was also ordered to behave himself for the next 12 months.

Mr Jammeh has been holding regular protest outside the Tesco Extra store in Portman Road since he was fired six months ago for allegedly stealing £20,000's worth of electrical goods.

According to the Reading Chronicle, he was the subject of a year-long investigation by Thames Valley Police after he was accused of stealing electronics by Tesco and contractor Total Security Services. Although he was cleared by police, Mr Jammeh said Tesco refused to apologise and reinstate him in his old role.

Speaking to Reading Live over the phone about the protest shortly before his arrest, Mr Jammeh said: "I've been here 14 hours now. I've spent six months protesting outside, apart from the last two weeks because I've had a cold.

"Yesterday I felt my cold had gone so I could go back to my protest. For those three weeks I was really angry. Before I came up here I thought to myself if I'm going out there again to protest outside of Tesco and they ignore me that's not what I want, people aren't taking me seriously."

lackofinterest

worth £20 of anybodys money to see tosco lose 21 hours worth of sales  ;D ;D

OpShunned

around 100k worth of sales perhaps?

He has spent 6/7 months visibly protesting his innocence so I'm inclined to believe he was fitted up. Not many thieves protest for so long if they are guilty. He has steadfastly protested his innocence. Who took the 20k worth of electrical items, if as intimated by Mr Jammah, it wasn't him?

JL

Tesco should reemploy him to climb to the roof of aldi/lidl and lose them some sales.

optout

I find it hard to believe that head office were not aware of this situation re the police investigation. And so it follows that they must have been aware of the treatment received  by this person even after being cleared by police.

20K goes missing, and tesco do not pursue it any further after the only (it appears) suspect is cleared. If it ain't the security guy, it must be somebody else mustn't it? Or could it have been that a system/clerical error (of tesco's making) has been made, and profoundly impacted an innocent person? Would this be a tesco first??
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

We probably have that amount, if not more, sitting on random shelves on the shopfloor or in the warehouse, all on zero bookstocks, having been wiped off, or had missing deliveries, with the system saying we've received them  ???

This is a regular occurrence in all the stores, we all know that, Tesco know that, it is accepted as the norm by management, because the system is flawed. So to refuse to re-instate someone when they have been cleared by the police, is indefensible  :-X

I hope those managers who did the investigation and subsequent dismissal, no doubt based on their misguided interpretation of probability, are suspended and s***ting themselves now.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

fargone

We're down twenty grand, we need to pin it on somebody, we don't care who.

notsofunny

who did the investigation ? who did he work for ? and who sacked him ? ,

And not only has he lost his job , he wont be able to get a new job in security ,

Equalizer87

Quote from: fargone on 17-10-17, 09:44AM

Almost a certainty of what happened 👍👍👍👍
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

mexicopete

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

JL

The 20k is probably an accrual of all the stuff that has been walking out of the store when there is no security. The amount of stock not arriving which should and the damaged stock is huge. You always get multipack which are missing 1 of 6 etc. I think Tesco pay for the products and the suppliers just deliver whatever Morrisons don't need.  :)

VladPutin

"Right, pull someone in from the, We Don't Like You List!"

- DCI Gene Hunt >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk