News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 11:58PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

Click and collect van running

Started by dfl, 08-04-24, 07:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucgeo

Correct...they cannot escalate the disciplinary warning on appeal. It's either overruled or status quo.

Respect to you for sticking by him, even though out of your comfort zone.👏👏
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

dfl

DFL

oldfashionedplayer

Store manager talks a load of of balls, as usual they never know the policies.

It'll be up to an appeals manager,

The Appeals Manager is authorised to make a different decision if they feel it is appropriate e.g. they can:

uphold your appeal and reduce the level of disciplinary warning or no warning;

uphold your appeal and reinstate you if you were dismissed, giving you a lower level of warning*;

uphold your appeal and reinstate you if you were dismissed, giving you no warning; or
agree that the disciplinary sanction was correct in all the circumstances.

So better circumstance or same from what it says on the policy, the letters for managers say too of:

Action upheld,

Dismissal overturned,

Action reduced.

So it's worth going for it to be honest.

dfl

@oldfashionedplayer thank you watch this space, just some time to prepare
DFL

dfl

Does anyone have link to the current drivers handbook, been looking for ages
DFL

biggerpicture

Is there anything on this subject on Click & Learn that would help?

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: dfl on 18-04-24, 08:42PMDoes anyone have link to the current drivers handbook, been looking for ages
Does this help?

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/8215320133148-Large-Stores-My-Role-Packs

If it doesn't go abywhere just colleague help and search role pack.

Also the lead manager grocery home shopping ha like 20 pages of covering the store across everything from dotcom to fresh and customer service etc whilst store manager has 4 pages lol

dfl

Handbook isnt in role packs, iirc the unattended phrase is in some document (section H), it will be sought, this process is a nightmare, the disciplinary refers to appeal to group pm, online form took some finding, but no address either physical or online supplied to send it to (very convenient im sure), preparing one now to go to manager at store instead
DFL

lucgeo

@dfl

All email addresses are the same...just enquire the name of the group PP and insert it to the set format...can't remember the exact set out but it's along the lines of JoeBloggs.@Tesco.co.uk

Has someone out there got the correct format for emails??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

1982dave

It's mad hearing this because I know for 100% in my store there's a few vans with battery issues which get used for click and collect and are allways left running for unloading and have been for a hour 2 hours at a time and has never had any problems doing so

dfl

@1982dave same at our store, idling common practice, calming down a little now (wonder why), but i do still see it as i check when i go into work, it angers me no end the Jobsworth has done this, and indeed had assistance to do so
DFL

oldfashionedplayer

Ah
Quote from: dfl on Today at 08:27AMHandbook isnt in role packs, iirc the unattended phrase is in some document (section H), it will be sought, this process is a nightmare, the disciplinary refers to appeal to group pm, online form took some finding, but no address either physical or online supplied to send it to (very convenient im sure), preparing one now to go to manager at store instead
Ah I figured everything had mainly just added to the role packs apologies, worth a try then trying to, if you can't find the group pm, message colleague help or request it from your managers, they'll be able to give you the information if your stores area people manager and how to contact them, I know when I had to the 2 they gave me both phone numbers were "out of use" so I had to request they be looped into emails to get attention that way with colleague help.

dfl

Appeal letter ready, the online form cant be typed on properly as its not formatted correctly, so letter done will go by email if i get one, will be trying to get that from manager in next day or so
DFL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk