News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:16PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 274
Total: 276

Going back to 24 hours?

Started by cosmosmallpiece, 29-07-20, 05:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmosmallpiece

Any news on going back to 24 hour opening ?

stockcontroller

Stores near me have had their hours changed permanently now eg 6am-12am changed to 7am-10pm and one was 24 hours which is remaining at 6am-12am permanently. Clearly the company is using this opportunity to cut store opening hours permanently.

gomezz

Out store (which had previously gone from 24 hour to twilight) had gone to 10pm closing (which was a bind as a dot.com driver unable to buy a few bits and pieces at the end of an evening shift) but has now gone back to midnight closing.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

notsofunny

I would think they will use the situation to change most store times , I was under the impression that most stores that had 24 hour operations did not pat there way for a long time , If they kept the stores closed from 12 midnight would that not be better for night fillers as well ? after all i remember shopping at night and getting in the way of those working ,,

londoner83

Australia which is a few weeks ahead of us in the Covid curve has just introduced a 8pm to 6am curfew to control the spread. Upshot in UK I can't see us going back to 24hrs any time soon.

notsofunny

Only a part of Australia  that has gone into lockdown , It looks like a rolling Lockdown like we have in the UK , and Tesco and others Gave the reason for suspending the 24hour shops was to get stores filled ,

If they don't go back to 24hour shopping it will not be due to the Virus ,

takethemoneyandrun

Our store was 24 hr now staying permanently closed from 12pm..
I can see what's on the horizon..

StinkyPoo

Me too, getting rid of night crew where possible!

Sarah106

Our store started opening 24 hr again on Mon last week 

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: StinkyPoo on 05-08-20, 04:27PM
Me too, getting rid of night crew where possible!

It will be store specific but we no the drill..those opening will keep night team those staying closed..give it 12months if that..

T.C.1

to be honest in my view nights are the safest in the coming months or years, Tesco tried to cut night shift out but fell on their faces.

Robert Onedin.

I am in Ireland and I don't see 24 hour trading coming back here at all to be honest.Everywhere did it at some stage a few years ago Dunnes etc.At best a lot of places have a night shift even if it's scaled back number wise from what it was a few years back.Also they had to keep a till open didn't they just in case a punter had to pay for their odds and ends at say 4am.So it must have been a bit of a waste of resources in some ways.

bambi

Perfect opportunity to cut store hours.

pretty sure my old store would love to get rid of 24hr

I'm sure they spent more on security wages,self service person and shrink from the masses of shoplifting.

Eskimo 2

By the way this week is going, looks like we've gone back 10 years!

King1999

I keep saying the business is being run down it’s not sustainable how stores are going theft,staffing levels.Something will give.

tobybeecher

My store is claiming all large stores are going back to 24 hours week 26.

BUY TESLA STOCK

With minimal to no security at night, outdated CCTV and face coverings the new norm going back to 24 hours will create a shoplifters paradise.  (-*-)

StinkyPoo

Well it's week 27 now and we still not open 24 hours. After 10pm we have relatively no customers. Shop is a mess, deliveries huge but apparently night crew are way overstaffed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk